What are these for?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Arthur_Vaapeli, Jan 22, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Arthur_Vaapeli

Arthur_Vaapeli New Member

Hey everyone! I've got some questions for you:

1- What/Where/When will I use the Kathorn Crystal? Is it useful for something or I just need to sell 'em?

2- Can I keep Murgo in my party?

3- Is there a shop/NPC that cuts my uncut jewels?

4- In a hypothetical situation: My character has the Technophobia background, will he ever be able to deliver the pure ore to Lloyd Gurloes?

5- That place, Cattan, is there a way to get there?

6- What is Razor's Pointe utility?

Farewell.

2. Hawkthorne

Hawkthorne New Member

1. You might need a Kathorn Crystal to make special eyeglasses you have to wear to reveal a hidden doorway. If you want more spoilers, one of us can give you more details.

There are other ways to get the glasses you need, but still... it doesn't hurt to have a back-up plan.

3. I don't think so, unless somebody added something like that to their mods and expansions.

6. You can get a quest in Dernholm that requires you to go to Razor's Pointe. Otherwise, it's just a place where you might find some items you want and some gold.

3. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

No, he is unbending in his decision to return to the priests of Vooriden.

It's funny when you realise that it sounds like as if you were searching for a Jew surgeon.

To answer your question though, Hawkthorne is right, there is no such place nor person in the game.

No. It would seem metal is too batshit terrifying for a technophobe. Makes one wonder how do they carry their gold.

Not in vanilla Arcanum.

Well, to be perfectly honest, there *is* a way, but in vanilla the isle is empty and unreachable by normal means.

Cheerio!

4. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

What if you put the item's in Magnus' inventory and had him create the ore, keeping it in his inventory. Would you be able to finish the ore quest then?

Never tried myself. Never did like the technophobia background.

5. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

You have a point there, magikot.

Since the ingredients are tech themselves, one wouldn't be able to simply buy/pick them up and put them in his inventory manually, though. Those ingredients would have to be placed on the ground (being there from the very beginning or because of destroying the container in which they were stored), allowing Magnus to pick them up.

Either that or allowing any follower to pick up any of the few found pieces of pure ore itself from the ground, for example
    one of those which can be found in the Bessy Toon mine after releasing her ghost.

6. Viktor_Berg

Viktor_Berg New Member

There are steel sheets at Crash Site, I think, and iron ore in Bessie Toone mines. So long as you avoid your other followers picking them up, you can collect them when you've gotten Magnus.

7. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Indeed. And just what admirable determination that would be. Starting from Shrouded Hills: travelling by foot all those miles to Tarant, recruiting a dwarven smith, returning, than travelling to and from the Crash Site and making the dwarf do some smithing - all that to give Lloyd the pure ore which he should be able to create himself from the iron ore which he sells and the steel which he can buy from Ristezze next block.

8. Viktor_Berg

Viktor_Berg New Member

Wait, why?

It's as simple as telling your followers to wait when you enter an area with iron ore/steel on the ground. Later in the game you return there with Magnus and keep him with you around those areas.

[EDIT]: Wait, nevermind, you were talking about roleplay experience.

9. Arthur_Vaapeli

It's a begginer's quest, so you can have a fine steel dagger, and level up (if you're level 2).

And Muro, I always travel by foot, anywhere I go (if it's reacheable by foot), it's good to find those molochean hand bands, and some orcs and bears.

10. Nekrocow

Nekrocow New Member

Not even Fear can overthrow GREED.

11. Arthur_Vaapeli

LMAO, that's an interesting point, because it actually applies in RL =P

12. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Greed or not, it is quite brave of them.

After all, carrying gold for them is like walking around with a big bag full of crawling spiders just to be able to pay for stuff.

13. Arthur_Vaapeli

It also makes them a good target for thieves, although thieves do not attack you randomly around cities, or... do they?!?! :p

EDIT: I have another question, what is the Li'Tani used for?

14. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

The Li'Tani statue is the first offering you need to give in the God's quest, to the elf god Ter'el in Falcon's Ache.

15. Arthur_Vaapeli

^Thanks!

This Falcon's Ache is around the glimmering forest right?

16. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

It's in it, yes. Hard to miss it, seeing how the main plots generally demands that you go there at one point.

17. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Wait. Are you saying you don't use the World Map to travel?

And if so, did you realize you'll encounter them anyway?

18. Arthur_Vaapeli

No no no, you got me wrong, I said I don't use trains and/or teleport, I always travel using the World Map, by foot.

It's very good to find molochean hand and orc rings around. Grizzly bears also give me a reasonable amount of XP :)

19. sam12six

sam12six New Member

Not only that, one might suspect that a suit of Arcane armor could be the result of some exotic ingredients and skilled smithing before magic is even thrown into the equation.

20. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

There is more than that. Iron shields are alright, but iron ore is scary. Weapons, helmets and jewelry made of various metals are obviously harmless, but steel is nightmare fuel.

There also another amusing thing about technophobes:
    "Are those some freshly plucked herbs? No chance in hell I'm touching any of those. What do you mean I'm paranoid? They're goddamn plants, for crying out loud!"

Our Host!