Can I have Drog's patch AND Rroyo's patch installed together?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Howard Stern, Jun 15, 2021.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Howard Stern

Howard Stern Member

Hi I'm back after a LONG hiatus.

I now have the Steam version of the game because I threw out my CDs in frustration years ago because my newer computer could never play Arcanum without MAJOR problems. I have now fixed those issues. These links were a big help:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=755396888

https://terra-arcanum.com/drog/uap.html

I FINALLY got it working. I have the Arcanum official patch installed, Drog's latest patch and the Aqrit's DDrawFix patch.

QUESTION: Can I now install the rroyo patch as well? Would there be a way to have them both (Drog and Rroyo patch) installed at the same time. I don't care about losing any saved games, I am willing uninstall and re-install everything.

Thanks!

2. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

You have to install the game twice and use the Rroyo mod on the second installed game. Possibly you have to add some .DLLs from UAP and DDrawFix in the second game if you're using Win10

3. Howard Stern

Howard Stern Member

***INTERESTING UPDATE***

So after all the installs of these patches and finally getting this game to work: the whole game and computer now stalls and freezes up when I use throwing skill, especially when I use the ALT key to stand in place and hit my target from further away.

I'm actually happy because this gives me the opportunity to uninstall this game for the last time and go do something else that I will NOT later feel was a total and shameful waste of my time.

2002 just called me on the phone to tell me that I don't live there anymore and to fuck off back to 2021. That's exactly what I'm going to do.

Have fun with the game if it works for you but also don't forget to work out, get some sunshine and read. You know stuff that makes you feel happy after, not self-hating and suicidal like staring into a screen VOLUNTARILY for hours on end.

God bless and good luck.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
Our Host!