Amulet of Mental Domination

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Tekkus McDwarf, Nov 1, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Tekkus McDwarf

Tekkus McDwarf Member

Ok, I finally got around to making a new proto for Amulet of Mental Domination. Its a tech amulet with 100% TA, i've got the following flags set (according to the proto editing docs) ismagical ( so it can call the casting sub box ), can use box ( so it has uses / can be used ), needs target ( obvious ), and has spell point pool ( so it has a limited number of uses ). At least, I think that is how I understood the way it needs to work. Its set to just pop a custom (IS_TECH:1) spell I made... not having any luck so far though... other than making a new proto. I suck at scripting. I have no webspace to post the proto, but will email to anyone who wants it, along with the relevant *.mes numbers used in its creation. Ideally, its wearable, but pops up the use box as would a magical weapon that has uses. Then it should use a tech spell, overriding any elixir of hypnotic suggestion uses, and support its duration with massive battery usage from the caster. Any help scripting on this would be welcome.

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

3. jfkoski

jfkoski New Member

I'd noticed that there were no tech amulets and wondered, Why? What tech things do we wear around our necks?

Garlic necklace isn't really tech, and Arcanum doesn't have vampires. I could only think of two things: my grandfather used to wear a hearing amplifier in his shirt pocket. Eh, not really the neck. And people with speech loss hold an amplifier to their throats. Of course, in Arcanum, "mute" isn't a background option, although "idiot speech" is.

Can you imagine mute dialog:
    Yes, what do you want?
    [Gesture come.]
    [Let Virgil do the talking.]

4. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Actually, jfkoski...that might add a very interesting form of gameplay to Arcanum.

5. Tekkus McDwarf

Tekkus McDwarf Member

Well, neck is just a slot. It could be used for backpacks or suspenders or shoulderpads type of stuff. I had thought of updating the levered machine gun into a steam powered gatling gun that required you to wear an engine/ammo pack that would be a backpack. It would have required a STR of 18 to use the gun and scripted to remove all of your ammo if the necklace wasn't worn. But again, I can't script my way out of a paper bag.
    Just imagine a steam powered levered machine gun... speed around 120, probably add a +5 TH bonus due to the gyroscopic stablizing action of its rotation, damage range of a clarington but a ton more ammo usage ~3 or 4 bullets per shot ( alot of feed mechanism jams and dud ejections ).

Our Host!