Making special new medalions

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Anonymous, May 16, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would like to add a "Medalion of Slavery" to the game but I keep running into a problem of getting it to trigger decreased WP in the wearer.

What do I need to do to make the medalion function as needed?

And secondly, for PC safety among a mechanized army (small) how would one set up a medalion situation that allows the wearer to be ignored or even obeyed by a mech, yet will have any close mech attack a follower who is not equipped?

2. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

If you are trying to reduce the stat using "stat (num) of (obj): adjust by (num)" then don't. It isn't suitable for this type of thing. I'm not entirely sure why, but it screws up a lot.

Wield on script: Give triggerer effect XXX
    Wield off script: Remove from triggerer effect XXX
    Create effect line {XXX}{WP -4} in effect.mes.

Or if you want it to scale, then check out one of Troika's nifty loops. Found in almost all wield on scripts.

For your second question, it depends whether the medallion applies to all automatons found in the game, or only to a pre-created army in your mod.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the info on the first question. That's why I couldn't get it to work...

As for the second - it will be only for a created army the I put into the mod.

I plan to try the "Mad Scientist" side-quest. With a portal added to the warehouse guarded by mech spiders in Tarant, you go to the underground lab/assembly area for the robot army. The NPC guards and techs in that area would each have a medalion to keep them safe. In the final room, you will encounter as many robots as I can make work with my slow computer. IF you have equiped your entire party with the techno medalions. you will be able to confront the madman without destroying all the robots first.

Am I trying for too much?

4. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

Of course you are. But if you stick to filling sewers with rats then you'll never progress.

Uncheck the kill on sight flag for each automaton.
    Remove the dialogue script (this prevents the player from deactivating and stealing the automaton).
    Give every automaton a hearbeat script.

0.Loop for everyone in vicinity
    1.if current looped object is a member of species (automaton) then go to line 4
    2.if current looped object has item named (medallion) then go to line 4
    3.combat: automaton attacks current looped object
    4.loop end
    5.return and run default

Going to line 4 skips the kill command, preventing the automaton from attacking other automatons or medallion wearing critters.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If I understand this correctly, by removing the dialog script, there's no way I could utilize the mechs as followers. But if I left the dialog in, and set a flag for - "The Professor is dead" - I could then use the mechs?

6. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

Yes. Just put a new line at the start of the dialogue script to check if the prof is still alive.
    e.g. IF global flag XXXX = 0
    THEN return and run default

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I always did like having my cake and eating it too. :)

Our Host!