Summoning

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Redbloof, Jan 14, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

Why? All he's doing is asking questions right? What's the harm in that? He's not killing anyone is he?

And my earlier question still hasn't been answered: Why did my name come up with the mention of sexual favors?

2. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Point: magikot. :lol:

Yuki's whinging about not having a puppy like Xaio.
    I mentioned you might be available for cash and or sexual favores.
    IIRC, Yuki thinks sex is yucky, so you'll probably have to make due with cash.
    Not as sweet as the deal I have with Xiao, but you'll have to make due. :p

3. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

4. magikot

Yes, Yuki, that's what he means. That's exactly what he means :roll:

Yuki, I could get you a puppy or I can show you an easy way to get your own. Which would you prefer?

5. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

The latter. And if that doesn't work, the former.

6. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

So, Yuki, want to maul the stupid AI in NWN2 yet? (Seriously, play it through once so you understand the plot, then go play MotB and enjoy a REAL RPG.)

7. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

Actually, I love the characters in the original. And then MotB comes in and KILLS THEM ALL.

8. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

Oh, noes! The cute little bard is (most probably) dead! Honestly, most of the followers ain't so damn cool. Take for example, Mr.Whatshisname Badass, the Ranger. Boring as hell, and everyone knows that bows in NWN sucks balls. I did, on the other hand, like Gann a bit. Dunno why, maybe I like the Druid/Sorceress concept. Or, possibly, I'm gay.

9. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

No harm, it's just that "prepare to get banned" does not strike me as interrogative.

His previous use of the quest mark was a legitimate question, so I remarked out of place. For whatever reason, his used of question marks stuck out to me. I was only flipping him grief because he has proven he can take it graciously.

10. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Okay, you've brought up characters, so here comes Xiao with her opinion on most if not all of them.

SPOILERS ABOUT HERE AND I'M NOT BLANKING THEM OUT, READ THIS POST AT YOUR OWN FUCKING RISK.

NWN2, In Order of Acquisition:

Amie and Bevil: I know you only get them for a little while, but it does rather seem like they have more personality than most of the other NPCs combined. I loved them both, I cried the first time Amie died (I HATE it when characters I love die uselessly!!!!), and I really, really wanted to take Bevil with me when I left West Harbour. Which is more than I can say for a fair number of the characters who I did wind up having to take.

Khelgar Ironfist: Mostly stereotypical dwarf. Occasionally amusing but serves best as a meat shield for my Bard.

Neeshka: Fairly stereotypical tiefling, but forgiven for having an actual sense of humour (or at least one that doesn't make me gag).

Elanee: Booooooooooooooooooooooooooring.

Qara: Bloody hell. If I met her in real life she be fucking terrifying, but in the context of a video game she's just a squishy mage with an attitude problem.

Grobnar Gnomehands: I'm not sure if this little guy is absolutely hysterical or terrifyingly insane. Didn't see much use from me, what with me playing a Bard and all.

Casavir: Anomen Delryn part 2, but without the personality. (I'm actually fond of Anomen in a fucked-up way, but that's because he learned and grew and seemed to actually care about your character.)

Bishop: I really don't get why he has so many rabid horny fangirls. He's a bastard and an evil cunt of one at that. His only good feature is his habit of mocking Casavir something chronic. It amuses me. Oh, and he suggests murdering Torio.

Shandra Jerro: Sweet girl, but a bit of a whiner. I was genuinely sad when she died, which just goes to show that occasionally making someone react the way anyone normal would react to all this bullshit is a genuinely good idea.

Sand: How can I not love this guy? He's a snarky wizard, he mocks Qara as a hobby (yay!), and has some moments when he's a genuinely nice guy, even if he does see the need to be a little defensive about it. Oh, that and he outright tells Torio she belongs on the docks. In court. In front of the LORD OF NEVERWINTER. Mwahahahahahaha!

Zhjaeve: God, how I hate her. 'Know' this, 'Know' that... Know that I will kill her myself if she doesn't stop casting Bless and start healing my fighters.

Ammon Jerro: Bastard. EVIL bastard. Pragmatic or not, he's still a cunt. Plus Warlocks are severely nerfed in NWN2, due to a severe lack of the really cool Invocations. Better than bloody Zhjaeve, though, and as you need one of the sods to beat most of the bosses for the last Act of the game, I'll take what I can get.

Mask of the Betrayer, In Order Of Acquisition:

Safiya: Although not quite capable of matching Sand's level of sheer awesome (very few people could), she's still a pretty cool character. She's kind and weird and has the best damn familiar EVER. (Talk to Kaji. You won't regret it.) She's also a pretty capable mage in her own right, and the Red Wizard prestige class is pretty sweet.

Gann: *happy note* Best romance option EVER for a woman in a video game. He's got an ego the size of a planet, but if you can work past it he's actually rather vulnerable under all that bluster. Plus, dude, he's voiced by Crispin Freeman and that makes my knees go all weak. Oh, and did I mention that he's literally blue?

Kaelyn: She's weird. I don't have much to say about her yet, as I didn't use her on my first runthrough and I've yet to pluck up the courage to do my 'Divine Doom' run. (Damned Skein, I'm still fucking twitchy about that hellhole.)

Okku: Giant Bear God! Okku is just plain awesome. Okay, he can't equip much gear, but I promise you it's not an issue. Okku is your party wall, and he's pretty damn awesome to boot. Plus, you know, BEAR GOD.

One of Many: I haven't gotten him yet. I'll get back to you on this one. Eventually.

11. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

The only reason I had not to like Ammon Jerro was the fact that his AI was quite broken. Never heard of a Warlock who prefers swords over Invocations. Oh, and the fact that I played a Warlock myself, and felt that two might be a little bit too much for one party. Haven't played through MotB, but I didn't like Okku, simply because pure fighters ain't so damn cool. One of Many seems to be rather interesting, since I've read that he could get some levels in Warlock, Rouge and/or Fighter, which is a rather odd combo.

12. magikot

Try here for your very own free puppy.

(Hey, it worked on Family Guy...)

13. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

TP: Okku is surprisingly effective, though, even if he is pure Fighter.

I might make my Divine Doom Favoured Soul evil to justify getting One of Many, because none of my nice characters can eat Okku. Plus... dude... insane evil dude who can change classes? FUCK, yes please!

14. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

15. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

You now have 'puppy love' given a different meaning. :D

16. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

My turn.

NWN2, In Order of Acquisition:

Amie and Bevil: I figured Amie was going to die. She was too weak of a character to keep. Bevil was an over glorified farm-hand. I wanted to bring him along to leave him with a transvestite dwarven hooker.

Khelgar Ironfist: Mostly stereotypical dwarf. Fights with Neeshka/Qara provide entertainment.

Neeshka: Fairly stereotypical tiefling. See Khelgar.

Elanee: Druids suck. Period.

Qara: Whiny prat. Kept her due to preference of Sorcerer over Wizard. Give her a heavy crossbow and she's decent support.

Grobnar Gnomehands: Couldn't tolerate him. Never kept him.

Casavir: A decent meat shield. Him and my Drow Fighter made it hammer time with grand effect.

Bishop: Cynical asshole. Kept him for the missions. Otherwise, I consider rangers useless. Ditched him after that.

Shandra Jerro: Sweet girl, but a bit of a whiner. I was genuinely sad when she died, though I laughed at the fact that her grand father did it.

Sand: Useful during trial. Loved the bit about the docks. Not a big wizard person. Especially those that are caring but distant: Too much like most of my friends.

Zhjaeve: I wish I could've had her babies, purely out of a curiosity as to what variety of hellish offspring would derive from the vagina of a green woman and the sperm of a drow. Otherwise, she was a fairly useless cleric.

Ammon Jerro: I think perhaps my second favorite character. Mainly due to expansion.

Mask of the Betrayer, In Order Of Acquisition:

Safiya: Didn't ever think much of her. The romance wasn't terribly interesting to me. The lines seemed dull and written by someone who'd read a few too many cheap romance books.

Gann: I never picked him up. He looked useless to me. ^_^

Kaelyn: Entertaining sidekick. I like random holy people to follow me.

Okku: Ate him.

One of Many: I haven't gotten him yet. I'll get back to you on this one. Eventually.[/quote]

17. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I assure you, DF, Gann is useful. In all seriousness, he's the only character apart from my Bard/RDD who survived fighting that friggin' coven... *shudder* Now I think about, he is the only character who didn't die a single bloody time for the campaign. Plus taking him is the only way to get the full Mask of the Betrayer and get the good ending.

Our Host!