End game: Dernholm

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Pirate Tony, May 24, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Pirate Tony

Pirate Tony New Member

OK I've completed the game before and when I finish Max comes back to Dernholm and takes over leading to a new age where Dernholm florishes. The thing is now that I've put the new patch on. I've done the same thing, talked to Warren's daughter in Dernholm, found Max, told Daughter where he is, she says she go and get him, but in the summary Dernholm and Black Root are destroyed. Where did I go wrong??????

2. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

That is... seriously fucked up. I mean, DUDE.

I'm not sure what went wrong there...

3. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

I've got that problem. I don't know how to get around it at all. Basically, I get frustrated and kill the current king, and leave it as is. Dernholm still falls, but at least the king is dead.

4. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

I'm really sad for you guys, 'cause that's the ending scene I like the most. But my favourite scene nr. 2 is when you rescue Don Throgg and the storyteller sais : And he soon brought an end to the Industrial Council."
    WONDERFUL!!! :p

But I'm still sad for you guys though.

5. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

My game must be really stuff up, all I ever get is one about me killing everyone with Kerghan...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Try being a good guy once in a while. That should let you see something different.

7. Vorak

Tell me more of this 'good'

Nah, I've seen all the endings, but I can't remember how to get the one where Maximillian has a war with Tarant over Blackroot, I saw it years ago and I can't get it again. It had a picture of a guy riding a mechanical horse.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Since I normally play as a good character, I rarely get the worst-case screens.

9. Vorak

Bad guys are more fun, especially if you're playing a half orc.

10. Grossenschwamm

Bad guys are good if you don't want to listen to your team mates whine about "Oh, he's such a nice person! Don't shoot him!"
    They applaud my inversions of anatomy on the good citizens when I'm an evil character.
    My favorite event in the game is when you convince Loghaire that all of the humans are just fat elves, and he goes to Tarant with his clan and kills the whole city. (you need to be a dwarf to activate this portion of dialogue)
    I also like Don Throgg's event. I like his poster, though it reminds me of nazi propaganda. Swarthy rogue my ass!!
    Whatever the case, it's awesome how he does away with all of those shifty-eyed gnomes. Little bastards.
    Right now, I'm still unable to get all of the pieces to fall into place in which Maxmillian comes back to Dernholm. I've been keeping multiple save files to see how each of my choices pans out, but I'm just unable to get Warren's daughter to do anything.
    I do know that whatever you do, it involves killing the current king. I do that all the time, just for fun (provided he's actually alive at the time I get to Dernholm). Eh, I'll figure something out. I'll let you guys know if I solve it. Not to say noone else could do it, but since I'm already in that portion of the story...
    Another problem I've had since the patch is moving to certain points on the map, and when I get to the overhead view of my characters, I'm standing in a big expanse of blackness, and I can't move. Another thing that happens is at the edge of Roseborough, the northern portion, if I walk far enough up the map the ground starts to glitch out and multiply itself.

11. Pirate Tony

Pirate Tony New Member

Before the patch you didn't need to kill the King, just find Max, then tell Warren de Pells daughter where Max was and that was it. Currently trying to finish the game having reported to the King that Daughter was dead (Which was the only thing I didn't do last time). If that fails we'll just have to let Dernholm fall. I may try it with Killing the King, I've even tried it by returning Dante to the King's service and that didn't work either.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best of luck guys. I've never gotten anything but the end slide saying that Cumbria regained its former glory.

Hopefully, one of the new mods will let you complete the Maximillion Quest - Good, Bad, or Otherwise.

13. Bunny

Bunny New Member

There's a war between Blackroot and Dernholm when you can't persuade the mayor of Blackroot to leave Tarant's side.

[Edit=That was in response to Vorak's mechanical horse.]

14. Vorak

Yes, I remember the slide but haven't triggered since I got the patch in 2003.

I still get the Cumbria restored slide though, all I do is talk to Maximillian and then go to Lianna. Sometimes I'll talk to her before hand and then tell Max that Warren is dead, but it isn't necessary. I've never killed Praetor in 3 years, I like him to much.

15. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

It's more fun being evil. When all your companions congratulate you for 'shooting for the groin'. And if you use the Filament sword, geez, the laughs come thick and fast!

I just like the Filament sword. It's such a kick-ass weapon for the magic types.

16. Grossenschwamm

How can you like him? He's the pompous-ass-king of nothing.
    "Blackroot isn't paying me my taxes!"
    "Well maybe you shouldn't suck so much!" *BANG* or *SLICE* or *THUD-splat!*
    I'm able to form relationships with NPC's in my head, in which I actually carry on conversations with them, and argue, and all that (sometimes I lose...schizophrenia?). The person whom I believe Praetor to be is an ass with nothing to do but complain and worry. He's better off dead. I use that as an excuse to kill him every time I meet him. Normally, I do it with such finess that his council of advisors flee in terror at my skills in combat, melee or otherwise. If anyone here can lay down a convincing argument that I should NOT kill Praetor for being such an ass, then present your facts in a coherent and civil manner, and I may consider them. Bear in mind that I am, in fact, clinically insane.

17. Vorak

His twisted logic is classic:

Tarant beat us in battle, making Tarant evil, making anything remotely Tarantian i.e. technology a tool of evil and thusly to be avoided.

Magic is the opposite of technology and should therefore be good, unfortunately this is not the case, obviously the mages of Tulla have been corrupted.

A priest is trying to advise me, I do not think I like his advice, therefore organised religion is bad and therefore I must banish all my priests.

Blackroot has abandoned me? Of course not! peasants can't think for themselves, in fact they are so stupid they probably just forgot to send me those taxes, I'll just go and get a random stranger to collect the chest of gold ingots and trust that he will return it for 200 coins.

18. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I know people like that in real life. *sigh*

19. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Don't we all? Well, I usually let him live and imagine what Maximillian does to him once he gets back to Cumbria. His guys can probably make Preator scream more than I can, hohoho.

20. Pirate Tony

Pirate Tony New Member

You're not being very fair.... I mean to Max. What do you think happens to Preator when Max gets back anyway? He retires to the local nut house and spends the remainder of his days popping pills and drooling.... Don't think so, more of a case of ...
    Arms and legs removed surgically, pole inserted .... surgically, and then placed above the Town gates until he staves to death.
    Well that's what I would do....PS it's more fun being Psychotic or is that what you were implying concerning the reference to being Insane.

Our Host!