Followers help

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Masta Tank, Jan 9, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Masta Tank

Masta Tank New Member

Well It would sound like a lamer question to all of you , but HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO USE THE FOLLOWERS SKILS LIKE PICK POCKET & LOCKPICK.What to do so I can make sombody use his lockpick skil on a chest for example? :sad:

2. mihawk85

mihawk85 New Member

i haven't played arcanum for quite a while,but if i remember well you should give a lockpick to a high tech follower and then make your character try to pick the lock,at this point your follower should say something like "let me handle that,sir" and pick the lock himself...i think :-o

3. Lagash

Lagash New Member

No, really is that the follower has to have a higher quality than you in that skill. There's no need to give 'em lockpicks (but if you do they have more possibilites of doing it well.).

If you have 1 in lockpick and... let's say Virgil has 2, he'll try to do it. You must do as if you were going to do it and the indicated follower will do it for you.

4. Masta Tank

Masta Tank New Member

5. Gavla

Gavla New Member

What a display of gentle manners all around

6. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

it is necessary to turn on follower skills in the options menu in order for this work.

7. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

If unpatched, they will need their own lockpicks. The lockpickers are, any Dwarf, 1/2 point; Vergil, 2 points; Sebastian & Tollo Underhill, both get to 5 points. Interestingly enough, they have a harder time at 5 points untrained than my PCs have at 4 points Expert.

8. Serak Vulnar

Serak Vulnar New Member

Too bad none of the followers has a "tape Magnus's mouth shut" skill. His belly aching and threatening to leave gets old.

9. Canis

Canis New Member

Well, there's always the "strip Magnus naked and feed him to the Cursed Paladin" skill....

10. Lagash

Lagash New Member

I like Magnus' critical hit phrase, because normally I have to stand Virgil with his annoying phrase. But when Magnus says "Ooh, you're not winning fighting like that!" ...well, I want to slay him. :) Also his constant complains against the locks being picked bothers me really bad.

11. Susano

Susano New Member

Dont we all want to kill magnus? Never understood the dislike of Virgil, if theres this Magnus to compare him with!

12. Lagash

Lagash New Member

Hahaha! I saw some people who thinks of Magnus as one of the best NPC's... but I see that the majority actually hates him! :grin:

Is the character with more complaints in the game! ...And Gar a bit too. Virgil rules... he will never complain about anything you do! :cool:

13. Solaris

Solaris New Member

I'm ok with Magnus. Its Chukka who irritates me because the way it looks his reaction to me never goes higher then "suspicious". Dante is bloody annoying as well, he's too much of a coward. Though his comments when I kill orcs are somewhat amusing.

14. Susano

Susano New Member

All half-orges are the same. Never took Chukka, but Soggs like this, too... well not on "suspicious", but still...
    hes a very good and tough fighter, though, and if your party has few members I guess you need a half-ogre like him. Besides hes teh most loyal - he stays with you until the end, while even Virgil leaves you for a time (and if youre toos tupid to find him again, like in my first game, forever :lol: )
    Garr is allright, he can carry enough things, but in this game I dumped him for this halfling adventurer at the Vendigroth bridge... well, I "gace him his freedom"

15. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

There is nothing 1/2 about Cukka, he is a full blodded Ogre & his ST goes to 28.

Dante's sole saving grace is that he is free. Does not take up a follower slot.

16. Lagash

Lagash New Member

Chukka, (yes, he's right, is an ogre) only reaches 26! I don't know if you altered some file to do that because I saw his stats at maximum and never reached more than 26. :cool:

17. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Memory could be faulty & the machine with Chukka > 40 is :sigh: on the other machine. Its a good game, he & Sog are both in large Basic Plate....

Our Host!