Your attention, please, CharlesBHoff

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chalupa Cobra, Jul 29, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Does the American president deserve a premature death by sniper's bullet??

Poll closed Aug 5, 2003.
  1. Indubitably so. That corruptive, corporate-pandering lech must be PUT DOWN!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nay, I say. G. W. is a crusader for all that is good and right in the world today!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Voting with bullets is wrong.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

Alright you guys, that's enough arguing. You all, don't be so hostile towards new people around here. On the other hand, Chiquita, don't be snappy back. And stop idolising Charles. It's... strange. That's an order, private.

2. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

I'll ask you once to stop misspelling my name, Snowmane. Will you stop misspelling my name??

Snowmane said, "Alright you guys, that's enough arguing."

Does that mean we can't continue this thread??

3. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

I guess I'm just too "young" to understand.

4. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

Let me be more oblique: you were equating age with wisdom; I was equating age with experience.

5. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Where?

6. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

retard said, "You do know what to 'assume' makes. An 'ass' out of 'u and me' What's funny is that you assume because CharlesBHuffandPuff is 'older' that he's wiser than most here."

7. Settler

Settler Member

Before I rant, a belated welcome to the boards, Chalupa.

Ahem...

Bloody hell! Chalupa is clearly an intelligent, valuable member to he board, who just happens to disagree with most of the vets...calm down, make peace, welcome him, whatever you want - why the hell do the two of you have to scare of anyone with a shred of intelligence!?

8. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

That's not true, this is the first time I've specifically addressed you and called you something other than your name. If you can't take a joke, then I feel very bad for you.

No, but I would like you guys to stop having these petty back and forth, semi flame post wars.

9. gargob

gargob New Member

Okay if there was an election for president of USA who would you pick?
    Bush

OR

a bush.

10. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

WHERE? Now you're just making up stuff! I think Charles is STUPID! I've never said Charles is wise, Chupa Chups. I think he's one sick, mentally disturbed individual. You're just putting words in my mouth, and quite frankly, doing a poor job of it. I doubt very seriously that Charles has the intelligence to get out of the rain, much less know anything of world politics. If you can show me where I said he's wise, I'll concede.

Which "two" are you referring to? I certainly hope that you aren't including me in that statement, cause I'll have you know, I have never, I repeat NEVER tried to threaten/bash/belittle or otherwise drive off newbies.

Well, I'm sorry Snowmane, for bringing this kinda crap in your forum. Apparently I came back at a bad time. I'll solve that, though.

11. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Who is Robert E lee? Please explain this to me because the only american that has the name robert is my previous english teacher, he is also short, tiny, a social democratand he spits when he talks, wich is not the qualities that i think retard looks for in his presidents.

Also what is the difference between wisdom and experience?

12. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Sorry I'm respondin to this so late. I've been out for a couple of days. I'm a christian and I can certainly see how this would be blasphemous to those other than religous extremists. Since Charles is always talkin about averting nuclear war and such (which I for some strange reason consider lies :D ) it would just make me think that he is lying about this. Therefore, if he is lying about it, it WOULD be blasphemous. Of course, he could be a crackpot that believes he averted nuclear war and such, then I don't guess it would be blasphemous cause he is just crazy. Or, he could have talked to God, but due to all the stuff I have seen him post on here I have a hard time believing much of anything he says.

13. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

Alright, retard, it SEEMS that you found that I wasn't putting words in your mouth but I'm not sure if you understood the meaning of my previous post. If you didn't find the post of yours that I was quoting check the one that you made on August 1st at 8:20 PM, second paragraph up from the bottom on this same thread (although it SEEMS that you've already found that thread). I never said that you said Charles was "wiser" because of his age, I said that you were equating wisdom with age because you said that which you said (whew!). I, on the other hand, spoke only of Charles's age in association with the experience that he has had as the result of living for so many years -- I didn't bring "wisdom" into the discussion until you did. I hope this has made things clearer and that you will now concede with some dignity (although I doubt the former and can only hope for the latter, whatever concession that may entail).

gargob, if I were a voter I would have voted for a shrubbery before voting for G.W. but I don't think that would have made much difference seeing as how Bush was able to manipulate the ballots in a fashion similar to Ferdinand Marcos's. Votes are no longer cast in this country, they are purchased.

14. xento

xento New Member

He didn't say you had said it previously. He simply said that he was going to ask you once not to do it again.

Be thankful they are just words.

You're shittin' me, right? Robert E. Lee is a infamous inventor of the Cotton Gin. Quite the revolution during the time around the Civil War period when cotton had a big part in the United States' economy and agriculture.

This is similar to the question of 'What is the difference between intelligence and wisdom'. The difference is that experience means you know what happens if certain variables are brought together, while wisdom means you not only know, but also understand what comes of it, and can, therefore, help others with your knowledge in a more reliable way than someone who just has experience. Or, anyway, that's my two cents.

Actually, that would make him hipocritical(sp?).

Actually, this struck me as funny, because it reminded me of an interview with Bush's brother when he was a candidate for being a governor of (I don't remember the state). In the interview, the reporter asked 'If you were a tree, which would you be?' to which he replied, 'I'm not a tree; I'm a Bush!'. :lol:

15. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

Thank you, xento, your comments are duly noted. Eli Whitney invented the cotton gin; Robert E. Lee was a Civil War general (I hope you were joking). In either case, you should not berate Qilikatal for not knowing American history when he is Scandinavian; you should berate yourself for not knowing who invented the cotton gin or even when it was invented and the circumstances surrounding its invention (that is, if you weren't joking).

Qilikatal, if "Civil War general" hasn't slaked your thirst for American history I'm sure that a simple web search will yield a couple thousand hits for sites put up by Civil War buffs.

16. xento

xento New Member

Of course it was a joke. :roll: And I dont hold that against him. I was merely pulling his leg.

Not to mention the Dixie theme song. :)

17. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

18. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Actually, intelligence never enters the equation. Intelligence is your ability to reason and comprehend the things that you experience. It is not experience itself. Intelligence doesn't involve the ability to link those experiences or determinations - just the direct interpretation of them.

Experience is simply the collective of all that has happened in your life. It is everything that your senses have picked up, whether you remember them or not.

Wisdom is your ability to interpret those experience into patterns and to learn from those patterns to interpret or comprehend experiences you have not yet received. It covers common sense and logical interpretation of variables so that you can reason and understand those thing that may happen to you in the future and so you can make reasonable judgements of preset events based upon your past experiences.

So... in short, experience are the base events that happen in your life and wisdom is your ability to use those past experiences to help you with experiences you have not yet had.

19. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Well, your opinions are loud, unpopular and strict. I'd say you fit the mould :D.

As for the reasoning skills part, if you don't know what I'm talking about, I can't explain them in any place. Just imagine the sort of logic a Christian zealot brings to the table when talking about homosexuals. Yeah, that'll do for an analogy...

Nice to know we both hold the same opinion of that sort of people ala the Quethim of old (not that you'd know who he is).

Oh, I don't know, he tends to listen to what a fair few of the other people here have to say. Not liking something is not the same as not listening to what they're saying...but of course, you knew that didn't you?

You speak from personal experience, I assume? As for the whole "might makes right" tenet, the people who have a problem with it are usually the people who are 'overruled' by those who believe in it. I should know, I speak from experience :). At any rate, it's still a valid philosophy, and just because you're a pansy non-violent bitch doesn't mean you should offload your problems on us.

Yes, Jackson was excellent. I personally liked the scene with the Wolf.

They wouldn't have to if you stopped voicing yours.

As retard said, what truths has he uttered? Better yet, I want proof.

You have pretty low expectations then of your sanity at a mere 50-odd years, don't you? What's his age got to do with it? It doesn't make him smarter or wiser than me.

I suspected, when you denied right wing affiliations that you were a Lefty. This has just confirmed it.

You preach 'respect your elders' one sentence, and violate it the next. Assuming your granddad told impressive war stories, Odi could tell stories to impress your granddad, and certainly prove you wrong that people in the army are mindless automatons...but it seems that, like you accuse Darkwalker, no one's opinion but your own (or Charles') matters, does it?

It's a shame the cheese didn't win. I would have paid your family good money for the food the slew a fool :D.

20. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

No, hypocritical would mean he said you should not do something, then did it himself.

Our Host!