Yllarius' Introduction

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yllarius, Aug 5, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

You're probably one of the most stupid people I've ever "met" (can't really meet anyone on the intrabutts, can you?). Hopefully, you'll realise your folly and start enjoying your life like you should. If not, then hopefully you will never succeed in convincing anybody else of your disturbed philosophy.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for your concern, but my view is so reinforced with logic that it will take logic for my opinion to change.

It is true that I'd be better off not believing what I do, but it ain't gonna change unless I can be intellectually proven wrong.

3. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Wow, you remind me of Kerghan a little too much.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I forgot what Kerghan's ideals were. It's been years since I completed the game. I thought he just wanted to destroy the world, but I forgot his motives.

However, I don't know what is happening in the afterlife if there is one, which stimulated his motive, I believe.

5. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

Don't get me started. I'm guessing you're either atheist or agnostic, right?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, actually.

It's safe to say that I am a monotheist, but my religion, by faith, is extremely close to Reform Judaism.

7. Heart_Flame

Heart_Flame New Member

Then, would you say you're suffering? Knowing that in your mind there is a world of suffering people and there is nothing you can do about it but post in forums where nobody cares about you? Must be pretty depressing. You could always do yourself a favor and help natural selection out, and save yourself the suffering.

8. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Your so-called logic has some serious holes in it. If some people enjoy living while others detest it, it doesn't logically conclude that the happy people deserve to die just because it "isn't fair". Why should anybody have to give up their happiness, just because the person next to them isn't having a as good time? It's just not valid. I bet you're the kind of person who thinks that if you can't enjoy yourself at, say, a party, then noone should.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, here is what I really think: I believe that everybody who is suffering should be killed, in a quick, ignorant, painless manner. Now, what's left? A world of people who previously enjoyed life, but now all their suffering relatives are dead, and all the sweat shops where they get their clothes would produce no more. Basically, the remaining world would be very chaotic, and presumably be contained with suffering, and to save the survivors from this, well I'd be evil to begrudge them a quick, ignorant, painless death with their suffering fellow human beings.

10. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

If your life is so good and perfect and not emo that you claim it is, why do you think everyone deserves to die, that existence if suffering and that yoiu should never have been brought into this world?

(That you shouldn't have been brought into this world I can totally agree with though.)

By the way, logic fails you, and you fail to see that.

11. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Thus depriving people the chance they have of improving their lives. Way to go, dickwad.

I firmly believe that suffering is a necessary part of life. If anything, an existence entirely void of pain scares the shit out of me, because in such a world there'd be no means of self-improvement, merely pleasure that would eventually evolve into boredom. Can't have that. There'd be no challenge. Of course, emo pussies just can't see things the way I do.

So by all means, go on a killing spree! May I suggest you go to the nearest crowded pub, yell that you're pro-abortion, that the pope is fallible, that Saint Patrick was an idiot and then swing a bottle at a random bloke. That would put an end to a lot of suffering.

12. Heart_Flame

Heart_Flame New Member

A man is what he believes. You are a moron. I don't feel like feeding the troll anymore, not as entertaining as it ought to be. Maybe if he fought back a bit it would be fun.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I suppose because I'm not selfish enough just to think about myself, and I'd just rather not have to deal with this existence, and I wish the same for everyone else.

I'd disagree.

Hey, I hope you aren't taking this personally. No universal truth states that people have the right to life, however, people were forced into this existence which they did not choose. They have the right to death; in fact, that is the only thing anyone deserves: for what has been done to be undone (well, they deserve for this existence to have never have happened, but what I am suggesting is the closest thing they will get to what they deserve).

Ok, killing everyone would deprive them the chance to improve their lives, but it is also preventing them the chance of their lives getting worse, and the inevitable pain of relatives dying.

Killing someone isn't a bad thing; it is a neutral thing. You are preventing the future good and bad. Now, if you kill them with any pain or fear, then what you are doing is bad. Also, their relatives will be pained by their death, so that's why you must kill everyone in the same instant.

True, and this is the same argument I have composed for the justification of the evil God (if such a deity exists) has implemented into this existence (my signature on many forums is: "Try painting a picture with just a single shade of white (on white canvas). How interesting can you make it?"), and this same argument actually pulled me out of by death-obsessed stance for a while, but now I have realized that non-existence is just fairer.

No, that would just cause a lot of distress, discomfort and suffering.

Yeah, go on; throw in the troll card. Whatever.

14. Jungle Japes

15. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    You are right in presenting backgrounds but I do not share your conclusion. Yes, none of us chose to be born into this world. I do however maintain that we have the freedom to choose what we want to do with this limited existence, and the fairest thing we can do is to let people have that choice. If someone wishes to live in spite of the suffering in his life, who are you to decide that he be put to death?

We never chose life. How can we then deserve death as punishment?

Who are you to make that choice?

Your arguments keep coming back to the same essential truth, that everyone has the freedom to choose. Instantly incinerating the world would deprive them of that choice.

I would say that your belief is closer to deism than reform Judaism, what with the evil/vacant demiurge.

16. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

All belief is a lie.

There is no higher power, no greater meaning no ideal to which we must aspire there is merely life and then an eternity spent as fertiliser.

Any effort to justify your existence beyond this is merely a way of entertaining me since I find the squabblings of the 'enlightened' people of the world hilarious. They try and 'save the world', to 'improve their lot' and to 'ensure a place in the afterlife' amongst the myriad of excuses they spew up to justify their totally unfathomable and often hypocritical actions, in my eyes each attempt to justify ones position just adds to the joke of the whole thing.

Existence consists of one thing and one thing only, smashing enough shit and hurting enough people to be hated since only the hated people are remembered and history is the only real immortality anyone can aspire too. Hitler will intrigue the world and be known by just about everyone long after Mother Theresa has been forgotten by everyone but biblical scholars.

The way I see it the world is kill or be killed with only a very few killing enough to matter in the end anyway (And neither you or I will ever be one of them, nobody sets out to be a monster it just happens along the way). Anyone who deviates from that line is merely clinging to bullshit mysticism in a desperate attempt to justify a life that in truth has no meaning, but at the very least they make me laugh when they do it.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, the fact is, most of my beliefs or whatever you wish to call them were centered around that fact that I wished to justify suicide, so, day to day I have no problem with people living. Still, consider this: a schoolchild being bullied, yet still doesn't tell the teacher. Who would anyone be to tell the teacher of the bullying for the schoolchild?

Not punishment, but as a favor. Sure, some wish to live, but this Earth will be a shit hole for everyone if all the sufferers die, so their killing as well would be an act of mercy.

The fact is, there are no rules if I have the power to kill everyone instantly, painlessly and ignorantly. I won't do this act any other way.

It isn't as if I am doing something evil. What I propose doing is good for the sufferers, neutral for the rest, and fair for everyone.

Well, if someone was dragged into a house, should they have the freedom to choose to remain in the house, even if the front door was open? What was done should be undone. Well, it shouldn't have ever happened in the first place.

I did state that my religion was extremely close to reform Judaism; not exactly like it. Free will and the whole death thing are the two areas where I disagree with Reform Judaism.

18. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Everybody who hasn't committed suicide, but is able to do it, prefers life to death. Are there really enough suffering disabled people to make killing everybody a better choice than just killing the ones who want to die but are physically unable to do it themselves?

19. Jungle Japes

This has got to be the lamest metaphor ever. But that aside, what you propose is not only admittedly impossible to accomplish, it's completely ludicrous. Let me present the reason why in a logical way, so that you can make yourself a hypocrite when you ignore it:

You admit to belief in at least one deity, so it stands to reason that you also believe that we were created by said deity. Obviously, he/she/it gave us free will to do as we see fit with what has been granted us (if you don't believe that then everything else is a moot point), and gave us the capacity to experience both joy and pain. It is impossible to live your life completely devoid of either, and each compliments the other and makes it more poignant (the white crayon concept). So why try to eliminate one or the other?

The true hallmark of a happy person is not how many good things have come his way, but what he has made of both the good and bad. To quote Ecclesiastes, "Better is a handful with quietness, than both the hands full with travail and vexation of the spirit." Thus, it can be said that we are ultimately responsible for our own happiness in this life, and it falls to us to make such a life as we can with what we have. We cannot be held responsible for the happiness or suffering of others, nor is it for us to decide when, how, or why their lives should end. I'll sum up with another quote from Ecclesiastes:

"Consider the work of God; for who can make straight that which He hath made crooked? In the day of prosperity be joyful, but in the day of adversity consider this: God also hath set the one over against the other, to the end that man should find nothing after him. All things have I seen in the days of my vanity: There is a just man who perisheth in his righteousness, and there is a wicked man who prolongeth his life in his wickedness. Be not righteous overmuch, neither make thyself overwise: why shouldest thou destroy thyself? Be not overmuch wicked, neither be thou foolish. Why shouldest thou die before thy time? It is good that thou shouldest take hold of this; yea, also from the other withdraw not thine hand. For he that feareth God shall come forth from them all."

Anyway, take it or leave it. If you don't like the way things are, just open a couple arteries and kiss your ass goodbye. You do have a free will after all.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

^ I don't believe that free will exists. That was the other thing thing I disagree with Reform Judaism about, which I mentioned earlier.

It is true that existence is interesting, but only so with the good and the bad, and I understand this, and this argument has pulled be out of my death obsessed state before, but this state of existence just isn't fair.

Not true. Some people prefer death to life, but are unwilling to commit suicide because of responsibility (to their family and friends), and because of fear of pain and fear of religion (hell).

Our Host!