Yet another nationbuilder.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark Elf, Apr 22, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

2. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Thou hast quite a good suggestion there.

Legislation changed.

3. JustaFishInaJar

JustaFishInaJar New Member

4. Telcontar

Telcontar Well-Known Member

I had to post this-

The Issue
    The fierce debate on Poo faced condom men hunting in TelcontarConfederacy has been brought to your attention after vociferous supporters of both sides of the argument stormed your parliament.

The Debate
    "Poo faced condom men hunting is a cruel and horrible 'sport' for the wealthy," says Bianca Chicago of the 'Protect Anything Cute and Furry Society'. "How can you possibly justify it? Oh, they witter on about 'tradition' and 'pest control' and other such nonsense, but really we all know it's because these sadists love to torture poor, innocent animals! Hunting must be banned!"
    [Accept]

"Banning Poo faced condom men hunting would be the end for centuries of tradition!" wails esteemed aristocrat Samuel Dredd from atop his steed. "The thrill of the chase, the baying of the hounds, the Poo faced condom men scooting through the undergrowth - it would be a travesty! We provide much needed stimulus to the local tourism, and you can't deny that Poo faced condom mens are pests - killing farmers' livestock for example! I propose that Poo faced condom men hunting be encouraged, for the cultural - and economic - benefit of the nation!"
    [Accept]

"Well, you know what I think?" asks Sue-Ann Christmas, while helping to assemble a small trebuchet. "I reckon that the real issue about this sport is the cruelty aspect, and no-one can deny that sending a pack of dogs to tear apart a poor, innocent Poo faced condom men is cruel. I reckon we should just ban hunting with hounds and only allow kinder and more instantly lethal methods like guns, tranquillisers, and cruise missiles."
    [Accept]

"I'm firmly against the slaughter of dumb animals," says Fleur Silk, while feeding an infant Poo faced condom men with a milk bottle. "It would be best if the animals didn't die, and hunters could still do what they love to do - how about instead of shooting them or sending vicious canines after them, the hunter runs up to his quarry and gives it a symbolic 'tap' with his hand? Now isn't that much nicer for everyone?"
    [Accept]

5. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Grossenschwamm

Families are only permitted to have two children, pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid, and children have taken to using semaphore in light of the recent mobile phone ban. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Grossenschwamm's national animal is the dogman, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the grossmark.

Crafty kids and their flag-waving...is there an event pertaining to removing people's limbs for the good of the nation?

6. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Rosenshyne's radio stations, the government helps teach children how to kill a man from six paces, genetic research is temporarily tied up in government red tape, and people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is well under control, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rosenshyne's national animal is the little bunny foofoo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the rosen.

7. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Several underground organisations in Bakatsuki have recently been spreading discontent throughout the populace about not being able to vote.
    The Debate

1. "We demand the power to rule the country the way we want!" cries Miranda Steele while being dragged before you in chains. "Too long have you and your dictatorial government been allowed to control our lives! The right to vote in a fair and free election is all we crave! You can take our lives, but you'll never take our souls! Elections for Bakatsuki!"
    [Accept]

2. "If you'll take my advice, we should just send these crazies down to the dungeons," murmurs Stephanie Longfellow, one of your political advisors. "If we let them spread this propaganda we'll soon have a revolution on our hands! We should crack down on these groups, and ban non-governmental political organisations to keep the people from getting too frisky with their pitchforks."
    [Accept]

3. "There's no need to be quite so dramatic," assures Chastity Mistletoe, your minister of Silly Walks as he pinwheels past. "We could let them have their way a little, just to keep them happy, you know? We could give them the right to vote, but not the right to run for office. Then we could just pick out the candidates we wanted and they could choose! We've been doing this for years, we don't want some uppity new bloke trying to tell us what to do."
    [Accept]

Yea, that is whom I'm taking advices from.

8. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

9. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Needless to say I went with option one.

10. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

'Mountain Doobie' is widely regarded as the nation's favourite drink, there have been reports of people marrying housepets, jails have become colloquially known as 'vampire houses', and child labor has been outlawed.

haha, vampire houses. I made it mandatory for all prisoners to donate blood. it's not like they're doing anything else productive. i mean, honestly, how many license plates do we need?

11. Telcontar

Telcontar Well-Known Member

TelcontarConfederacy's airwaves are dominated by corporate-backed commercial radio, the institution of marriage is held sacred and strictly enforced, every product goes through extensive safety-testing by the government, and sex offenders find themselves 'cut off' from any ability to repeat their crimes. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. TelcontarConfederacy's national animal is the Poo faced condom men, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the dollar.

Our Host!