winzip q's

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Shota Shernokavich, May 7, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Shota Shernokavich

Shota Shernokavich New Member

im trying to put 2 folders into a zip file. i have winzip opened, but im not sure how to use, as i've never compressed a file before using winzip.

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

With the version I've got, I can simply click and drag to highlight the two folders.
    Then I right-click and select winzip.
    Select "Add to zip file". You'll get a pop-up Add window.
    In the "Add to archive" space it usually lists the name of one of the folders you've highlighted - rename that part to whatever you want the output to be.
    Example: c:\\Arcanum\modules\MyKewlMod\Yursewscerood.zip.

Make sure the Action window reads "Add (and replace) files".
    On the Compression window below it - stick with the Normal setting. Some people are still using old versions of Winzip.
    And unless you're over the upload limit for your favorite file storage site, there's no need to split the files.

Once all that has checked out, click the big Add button and you'll be returned to the main page and a listing of everything that has been added to your zip file.

If you check, you'll see that the new zip has been created where you designated, and that allows you to close the Winzip window.

Our Host!