Why are all the ghouls dead?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bryant1380, Jun 2, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

You get to kill the overseer, I don't remember the finger though.

2. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Where the Sam Hill is the military base? Cookies® for the first to reply!

3. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Come on. Does nobody want a cookiecookiecookiecookiecookiecookie? mrnobodie, you seemed to like your cookie the last time... Tell me how to find the military base, bee-ahtch.

4. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Directly west of Vault 13, or NW of the Brotherhood. Probably quicker to go from the Brotherhood, because travelling over desert is faster. However, you'll also likely encounter Super Mutant patrols which can be very nasty when they've all got rokit lawnchairs and laysir riphils.

Dey hit me hed and make me dum.

Oh yeah, the computer on the first level of the vault under the Cathedral (next to the elevator) can also tell you the location of the Base, provided you have enough science skill. A handy 1250 XP bonus as well.

5. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

GRRRRRRRR

Where is the computer that I can put the radio on in the military base? And how do you put the radio on it? Every time I click a radio it just says, "There is only static" or some crap. I'm trying to get where I can toggle the green force fields.

6. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

Ahh Retard, nothing would give me more pleasure then helping you give me a cookie....... unfortunatly i've never played any of the Fallout series....... maybe i should stop playing Settlers/Serf city and check them out?. heh, a nice spiffy GF4 video card and i'm playing games with a whole 256 colours........ what a waste of a good system.

7. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

You have to use repair to disable the force fields. The radios can be used to ensure the other mutants that nothing is wrong. Harry can show you the location of the suooer mutant base.

You can talk yourself into the super mutant base if you have the power armor. The only thing you need to say is that you are s0ome special bread of super mutant.

8. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Yeah, I used repair on one force field, walked into the room, and the green force field came back up. So I was stuck in the room with no way out.

Look at NMA. On the walkthrough it clearly says you can place a radio on a computer, and as long as you have another radio, you can toggle the computer to turn the force fields on and off.

9. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Just use repair all the time, and you'll have no problem. You can't repair the red fields though. I don't make any claims to know everything about the game - there's just so many little tricks and tips to find - and I've personally never used the radio.

10. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Well, using repair is all well and good, for the doors that have a control panel. Some don't. No worries, though, I just used my dynamite and C-4 to blast the fucking doors. The military base is no more. The leiutenant begged to sample my manhood before I killed him. His death animation was kewl.

I'm in the cathedral now, and can't get downstairs. Also, is the master unbeatable? He waxed my ass with one spurt, err, of gunfire.

11. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

Join, DIE! Join, DIE! The master is a punk, sounds like you may need to gain a few more levels. I assume you're wearing chemically enhanced power armor? What is your fighting style? Did you get the Slayer or Sniper perk? I found the fight out of the cathedral to be much harder than the confrontation with freak boy.

12. stormwell55

stormwell55 New Member

instead of facing the master, you could just blow the nuke;)

13. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Darkwalker, I'm only like level 13. How do you guys get such high levels before coming to the end of the game? I am wearing hardened power armor, and using a Turbo Plasma Rifle. Most creatures die in one shot, at the most 2. I haven't had the chance to get the sniper or slayer perk yet. I guess my levels aren't high enough yet. Dang, and I have done all the quests I know of....

14. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

Did you find the portion of the the Boneyard where the Deathclaws dwell? Up until the point where you destroy the Queen, the filthy beasts will continue to appear in that area. I think you get a 1000 exp. for each kill. I built my character up to max level in no time there.

15. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Shit, I wiped those fuckers like a shitty ass. First time through.

16. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Don't worry about it. You can finish the game at level 13. I think you mentioned destroying the mutants already? Anyway, if you buy enough dynamite, you may be able to just blow up the locks on the door and elevator to the 4th level, in which case you only have to kill two mutants down there, set off the bomb, and run for it.

Otherwise, fight the Master. Use Tesla armour (yes, the Tesla armour you find on the top floor), psycho and buffout, and he's easy. Just don't expect your followers to survive though.

17. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Well friends and neighbors, I have now completed Fallout 1. The Master died in a withering turbo-plasma rifle blast, and I did it with power armor. (I never found that telsa armor.) Then the overseer kicked my ass outta the vault. It pissed me off enough, now I'm going back to play as an evil, dumb character, as so many of you have suggested.

I've got a couple of questions about the endgame sequence, though.

It said that the super mutants destroyed the Hub. What? I blew up their base, was there anything I coulda/shoulda done in the game so the Hub would survive in the end? Or is that just a part of it, no matter what happens?

Anyway, ON TO FALLOUT 2!!! BEE-OTCH!!

*Edit: Hey look, Jarinor, I actually finished an RPG for the first time. Don't I make you proud? Proud enough, say, to give me a Cookie®?

18. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

The beginning of FO II, in my opinion at least, is rather depressing. I hated that tribal vilage shit. After that though, get ready for some fun.

19. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Man, I should kick your ass for not finishing it sooner. Still, at least you did it, and have now experienced the joy of a nuclear wasteland.

Our Host!