Who is your most favorite character that you created?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by gargob, Jul 13, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Silvio-Arjunza

Silvio-Arjunza New Member

My favorite is Everard a lvl 60 mage-tech

I've got full Tech, and most spells... um... around 20 in all stats, I'm a master at lock pick, haggle, firearms, throwing, melee, and I'm working on bow.

2. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

so basically you;re saying your favorite character is one that is perfect in everything... i think the purpose of this thread was to discuss your favorite style of play, not to tell everyone about how you just said fuck it all and made it so you could play however you felt at the time, with a character that isnt specialized in any way. the purpose of the level cap is so that there is a limit to what your character can do, forcing you to find a unique way to develope your character. so basically they put the level cap into the game to enhance the gameplay, not limit it.

sorry if i sound preachy, but hacked characters shouldnt necessarily count. :/ :thumbdown:

3. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

Sleek said:

I believe you to be very correct in this. Anyway my best character thus far in two and a half years of on-again-off-again play would have been:
    Conar Rocksmythe lvl 50 dwarf(I forget background)
    full tech + all found schematics
    firearms expert(never did master thing)
    four followers +:
    dog(no longer mutt nor worthless)
    automaton
    two spiders(one medic)

I am currently working on his opposite: a female elven mage-educator. She has 19 willpower, 2 cp into bow(I think), 1 cp into heal, and I am just starting on spells. She will have summoning, conveyance, and I don't remember the third.

4. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Ah yes, hacked guys. One of the worst things to come from Dkoepp's character editor, although I'll never complain about it during my tests, a maxed out guy is somewhat useful while hacking through unhackable hack and slash mods. They are more like hack and still die horribly mods. It's quite bad now that I think about it, I should probably make a more, um, completable, mod, one that doesn't require either hacking, or 18 followers to finish.

5. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    As for the topic in question, I've got three favourite characters:

1) Baltazar Stormhammer - my first character, as well as the first one to beat the game :D . Baltazar was a half-ogre with the Ran Away with the Circus background (yes, and I put all cp:s into strength in the beginning - reaching 24 at lv2...) - tired of being dumb, I later increased my Int and Wp and got some Force and Conveyance spells... all in all, a true monster in melee, backed up by powerful spells... it just can't get better, can it?

Poor old Baltazar is long gone, a flickering shadow on a passed away hard-drive... but here are his lv 25 stats, regardless:

http://www.terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/view ... t=baltazar

2) Current character: Solairon. Elven diplomat mage - will put his efforts in Charisma, Intelligence, Willpower, Constitution, Strength (some - can't stand being weak), Conveyance and all the elemental spell schools. Will be a goody two-shoes, just like Baltazar.

3) Current character: Caeron. Elven diplomat mage - will put his efforts quite the same as Solairon, but in different spell schools - Conveyance, Black Necromancy, Summoning, Fire and mayhap Mental. He'll be an evil version of Solairon.

Some day, I'll beat the game as a female character... and as a technologist. Damn, I've never delved deep enough into that I realize... maybe a female tech-thief? Hmmm....

6. Solaris

Solaris New Member

My favorites (keep in mind that I play unpatched:
    Gwynnbleidd: evil Elf Temporal battlemage
    "Sold your soul" background
    Stats:
    100%MA
    100% evil

Main stats:
    DX21
    WP20
    CN18
    ST20

Spells: Conveyance and Temporal to the top, Shielf of Force, AoF, Wall of Flames, Fireflash, SoE

Skills: melee, dodge, pick pocket.

Top combat speed: 77

Thor- Dwarf Tech archer
    "Miracle operation" background
    Stats:
    100% good
    About 80% tech

Main stats:
    DX 20
    PE 20
    CH 20
    ST 16

Tech knowlege: Explosives to Fire Obstruction, Electricity to Charged Rings + found schematics

7. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Wow, a tech archer! :eek: You don't see that everyday! I want to try and do all the auto-schemes, experiment with some characters. I did once make a half-orc sniper, I have no idea what the stats are anymore, but he had master firearms, master repair, figured I would get it, and when he had a quality revolver, everything died :D :) :p

8. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Tech archers are deadly as hell. Pyro bow is the most effective ranged weapon in the game I think.

9. RC6X03NX

RC6X03NX New Member

Right now, I'm playing a human Escaped Lunatic called Roger McGuinn, specializing in throwing and explosives. He is a paranoid type that prefers to blow people up over letting your guard down to them. :p

10. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Sounds like some of the kids at my school :razz:

11. RC6X03NX

RC6X03NX New Member

12. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Pyro Bow VS. Elemun's Bow, proof that raw power can overcome blinding speed.

Try the bow sniper sometime. Use that Bow of Whatshisnose from the master quest. Max PE & Prowl. About 50% MA to get the range & TH + from the bow. It can shoot further than you can see.

13. Silvio-Arjunza

Silvio-Arjunza New Member

actually, I specialized in Technoology... he's the first Char I made, so I got Tech high, and then I did magic just outta curiousity as to which I prefer... I am, at the moment, using the Sword of Sickness, and all magic gear... but in a level or two I'll switch to tech, I'm going between the two with a strong char so I can figure which I think is funner (more fun, meh, who cares?!) to play as! :) :) :)

14. Solaris

Solaris New Member

That's the problem with that bow. The range bonus doesn't make up for low damage, and you can't even use half of the bonus (I believe at 20 PE your sight range is about 25). But then, with a speed of 77 like Gwynnbleidd had...

15. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Sword of Sickness sucks. Poison damage in general sucks. If you're after a good magic weapon, use Filament sword, you can get the magic bonuses of it with relatively low MA. If your MA is below 50, a Filament sword may be better than an Arcane one. Also consider stealing Baltar's sword from Lianna in Dernholm, you seem to get full damage with it regardless to your MA level (the only catch is having ST 16). If you're 100% neutral or at least slightly tech, get a pyro axe.

16. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

"It can shoot further than you can see." But the high TH bonus makes for a high crit hit %. The superior range means that the TH % does not drop off at extreme sight distance. When using another bow from long range & not prowling, sometimes the target can't figure out where the arrows are coming from. With high prowl, maxed out PE, & that bow, they NEVER will.

No, it does not have the sheer speed of Elemun's Bow, nor the damage of the Pyro Bow. It is a speicalists weapon, & needs a specalist to properly employ it.

Now if only there was a Paralizer Bow....

17. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Would be nice. A Tranquilizer bow, to be more precise. But then, I wouldn't mind a Shock bow (electrical) as well. As for sniper archer- sounds like a neat idea. I'm not fond of prowl most of the time (I'm more of a frontal assault type), but there IS something about the idea of picking off unsuspecting enemies from far away. Useful for taking down crowds without alerting them and being forced into close combat. Might try it after I finish playing my gunslinger team...

18. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

In Dkoepp's new editor you can make new weapon prototypes, or if you are REALLY desperate, since I have the editor, I could make them for you and mail them to you. Of course you wouldn't have them available in the game unless you edited an inventory and placed them in there, like add the tranquilizer bow to the blacksmith inventory. If you guys want, send your email to me and I can hook you up.

EDIT: I just remembered, there is a problem with bows at present. The graphics for the arrows fired isn't right, and concrete blocks are being shot across the screen instead.

19. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Another thought on the sniper archer scheme- how do I prevent my followers from attacking and alerting my target? Its not like they're going to listen if I tell them to stay in place...

20. greatfrito

greatfrito New Member

My character (just got one at the moment... well, I have others, but they're not above level 10 yet) is Jordan Smith, Lev 41 Human techie with no significant background.

He's just starting the Gods' Quest, and has (base) 8 str, 8 dex, 8 con, 8 be, 19 in, 8 wp, 19 pe, and 15 ch.

He's a master of firearms, has a single cp in gamble (y'know, I put that in early, and he's never used it.. waste of a point), a beginner at dodge, and an expert at persuasion. He has fully maxed tech aptitude, learned every found schematic he's gotten to as of yet, he's got one point in Explosives, one in Smithy, Doctorate in Electrical, Doctorate in Gunsmithy(he started out as a pure gunsmith, but eventually decided to explore electrical items... and ended up hot on the tail of the newest technological weapon: the Tesla Gun).

Normally he wears Machined Plate (with the patch online that makes it give an appropriate STR bonus, as it's description says it should), Goggles (give me a helmet of vision, and I'll get around to making myself a goggled helmet), Machined Gauntlets, two charged rings, a... amulet... and ... boots. He alternates between using the hand-cannon (which is otherwise tossed over to Franklin Payne), and the Tesla Gun.

He has 5 followers (and Dog, of course): Virgil (who won't fricken' stop trying ot heal Jordan, and ends up passing out after every battle now), Chukka (who is a complete clepto, and won't let anything stay lying on the ground), Jayna Stiles (who insists on wearing Barbarian armor and looking less clothed than when her armor breaks), Franklin Payne (who, right now, I simply dislike just because he tends to use so much ammo... I mean.. that's my job), Waroman (who is just cool... and fast), and occasionally a medical arachnid, though usually Chukka carries it around so that Jordan isn't weighed down.

Our Host!