Which schools?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by zxcvbnmnbvcxz123, Oct 10, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. zxcvbnmnbvcxz123

zxcvbnmnbvcxz123 New Member

I really feel like making a tech character for some reason...

I want to use electricity, gun smithy, and smith. Is this viable? Do you think other schools will work better? How hard will it be? The character will put points into firearms and use them.

I heard gun slingers were hard, will this be?

Maybe if I put some points into CHA so I can have some followers to give the items I make to...

And how many manuels of each school can you buy from the university? ...Unlimited I hope...

2. The Chosen One

The Chosen One New Member

Electric, guns and smithy are good choices. Another good one is Mechanical as you can make eye gear which will increase your PE by 2 and therefore will help you save a coupleof CPs when raising Fire Arms.

I also recommend Mechanical with smithy because you'll be able to make Automaton eventually with really do kick arse. Its a hard choice but maybe sacrifice elecritc for mechanical.......up 2 u really.

2 points in herbology early on is a very good idea for both making moey and surviving early on. 3:)

Pickpocket Samie White's hand cannon early and judge for yourself if you think gun slinging is hard or not ;)

oh and yes you can buy unlimited manuals ^_^

3. xento

xento New Member

BUT they are very heavy, and they don't give you all that much alignment. Be careful. They are really expensive too.

4. The Chosen One

The Chosen One New Member

Concerning the tech manuals.......

They weigh 200 stone each , cost 750 gold and increase your expertise depending on your INT stat. E.g. a Int of 10 would give you an expertise increase of 10 if you had ONE tech manual. If you had TWO manuals then your expertise would increase to 20.

Expertise Increase= Number of manuals X Level of INT

3:)

As for storing them, simpily stick in a safe chest somewhere (I used the one in Black room at the inn since you get a room of the inkeeper for ever after doing the Strong Box quest) . ^_^

5. Gavla

Gavla New Member

It's not that sophisticated an equation, really.

6. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

If you are tech, get Janya. She has Herboligy & Therapudics. If you are good, get Magnus. He has Smithy & Mechanical & will eventualy make Eye Gear. They are great compainions for a gunslinger. BTW, with Janya's Elixer of Persuasion, you can get Expert training in persuasion at CH 9. And that is good for an extra folower. Volinger is Evil, will folow anyone, & does Gun Smithy & Chem. None of these goes beyond 4th level in any dicipilne.

Gun Smithy & Electrical = Tesla gun. But the Smithy does not add to either except for the Charged Sword & Axe & Magnus can make the weapons used to make them. A gunslinger doesn't need heavy armour to slow him down. Smithy adds best with Mechanical, as someone said. If you take Chem, you can make the Tranquilizer Gun.

You can steal better guns than you can make for some time. But not enough to make all the guns you want.

7. Gwindor

Gwindor New Member

Hey, two questions... what is manuals, and what is a gunslinger?

I myself use gun smith and smithy, and one level herb to make healing salve...

I have found alot of schematics, but I can't use alot of them... is this what manuals are for?

8. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Tech manuals. You get them at the university in Tarant. They give you skill in tech that you haven't studied so you can build the things in found schematics.

One who's primary weapon is a gun. :roll:

9. Gwindor

Gwindor New Member

Aha, then I'm a gunslinger/melee guy...

Just haven't used the expression :D (I'm swedish)

Well... I'm going to Tarant!

10. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

I thought you were probably not a native english speaker.

You just haven't seen enough American westerns. Or Italian for that mater. The 'spagetti westerns' are some of the best.

11. Gwindor

Gwindor New Member

Hehe, well, I've never liked westerns anyway... But I guessed it was a person using guns... :)

12. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Other terms not used much today are shootist & gunsel. Shootist dates from the Victorian era & was used by people who didn't like the outlaw conotations in the term gunslinger. See the John Wane film 'The Shootist'. Gunsel was used during the '20s & '30s when the gunslinger term had aquired some western glamor as a word for prohibition era gangsters.

13. magius39

magius39 New Member

If you want to build a combineable something, use tech manuals. All you have to do is drop all of you money and then go buy the manuals. They are free that way!!! Then build the item, pick up your money, and sell the manuals to the junk dealer by the docks! FANTASTIC

Our Host!