Where did the Zephyr fly from?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by nomwalla, Jul 9, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

That dialogue is what you get for keeping that damn box of matches through the whole bloody game. There is also a similar dialogue-for-keeping-the-item situation with Mr Razzia in Caladon and "Preston's" passport after you carry out the one above.

Not really much for having five unusable squares of inventory space for most of the game, but all in all quite a nice bit of Arcanum lore explaining what happened between "Preston's" escape from you-know-where and the events shown in the intro.

2. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I do recall "Preston Radcliffe's" body does not despawn at the crash site so you could always wait till late in the game and retrieve it.

3. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Yes, of course. That or keep it in a barrel somewhere until the situation calls for it. I'm mostly referring to one's first playthrough and, well, most of my playthroughs, seeing how my inner roleplayer demands that I do that what my character would really do, reminding me that "No, he wouldn't leave those items at the Crash Site, he would keep them with him the whooole time". Damn you, inner roleplayer. Did I mention that guy forces me to keep a bottle of absinthe + a wine glass and a set of cut jewels in the inventory of my own character and each of his followers in my recent evil mage party? Sheesh.

4. manillungol

manillungol New Member

I always kept that stuff in the tarant warehouse at the docks until I went to the caladon area then I would get out the camera the skulls and the matchbook with the passport.

5. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I usually carry a bottle of absinthe, no glass, I also usually wear priest robes and use the gunslingers pistol from the bloke in the firearms shop in Tarant. Best fate point ever. The drunk gunslinging priest never gets old for me.

6. Sjael

Sjael New Member

The PC was a lifelong hermit living up in the hills, when all of a sudden a zeppelin landed on his shack. Cue the "Find the boy" movie.

It's fun cause it actually fits in with the game. :roll:

7. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I always give Ristezze the shoe to get information about the Schuylers and then sell the camera for an amount of coin quite nifty at the beginning of the game. My character has no idea that the camera will be useful so much later in the game so my inner roleplayer doesn't prevent me from selling it - he even encourages it, actually - and from my experience the camera never disappears from Ristezze's stock, making it a safe place to keep it for later and buy it back when the Living One is already swimming in coin.

How would he know about heavier-than-air aircrafts attacking the Zephir, though?

8. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Not to mention all the dialogue framing the PC as the sole survivor of the crash!

9. Sjael

Sjael New Member

I sometimes look up when I hear explosions above me..

Zeppelin crashes into man, man survives. It could be said that he, in fact, survived the zeppelin crash.

The only thing I can think of off hand that really disputes this would be the backgrounds that mention booking passage on the Zephyr. But they are just backgrounds; I could write one saying the PC was living in the hills and got hit by a zeppelin.

10. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

You know what? All things considered, than actually makes sense, as humorous at it is.

"And so the Living One ventured into the unknown in order to find peace, truth, justice and a new shack."

[​IMG]

11. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I gotta say that makes complete sense to me, except you are shown the attack on the zeppelin from the inside.

12. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

How do we know for sure that everything that was shown in the intro was seen by the eyes of the Living One, though?

13. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I thought about that the moment I posted that. The intro isn't really seen from the eyes of the Living One directly.

14. Sjael

Sjael New Member

Oh man, when I read that, I had this mental image of the Living One sitting on the front of one of the Orc flyers, just watching the orc's enraged facial expressions. :D

Our Host!