When all is said and done, my problem with Arcanum

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Childe Random, Aug 8, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. xento

xento New Member

2. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

The maximum number of summoning spells you can run concurrently depend on your Willpower, I believe.
    The limit is four.

3. xento

xento New Member

Maybe a higher limit, for both summoned, and free-willed followers.

4. Childe Random

Childe Random New Member

Graphics are somewhat important nonetheless. Personally, I put more stock in a game's animations then just the resolution of the textures and smoothness of surfaces though. I enjoyed the heck out of an old game called Soulbringer even though it was a shameless dungeon hack, because it had a good character leveling system and fun combat with many many fluid animations.

Oh yes, and I've been playing Arcanum a little bit lately. The character developement is more rewarding when you force yourself to absolutely specialize early on and take other useful skills later. Also, Otto's ranged weapons mod is nice.

5. xento

xento New Member

Well, I think that the animations are okay, but yes, they need more fluid and ranged animations, like instead of switching the Iron Clan's secret entrance door from closed to open, you will see it opening slowly. Also, all weapons have special death animations and looks, as well as how you look depends specifically to what you have on.

6. Childe Random

Childe Random New Member

I think more combat character animations are most important. If combat doesn't look cool it's not as much fun. A more in depth combat SYSTEM helps too.

7. Etalis Craftlord

I got the feeling that combat, while important, was not the main focus of the game. Which is good, because I found the most entertaining part to be the interaction with the other characters.

8. Childe Random

Childe Random New Member

Right you are. But I'm not sure Arcanum made such a leap with gameplay and non-combat that they could transcend the lack of technology and detailed combat system, sorry for the pun.

9. Etalis Craftlord

10. Childe Random

Childe Random New Member

11. Etalis Craftlord

12. The_Malus_Monkey

The_Malus_Monkey New Member

I think that troika should take the Fallout fighting style and put it into the next game they make. I went from playing arcanum to fallout and all i can say is WOW. I LOVE this game!!!! A reasonably fast char leveling time but it is more fluid in how skills change. I also LOVE called shots!!!! SHOOT THE GROIN!!!! lol I always shoot there or for the eyes. I think they should take more from fallout but keep Arcanum's unique......... arcane feel to it, I like that about arcanum. It just is a generally fun game to play if you keep moving and dont get "jammed" EX. waiting for techy bits in shops, getting stopped very often by 1 or 2 rats(I think that there should be fewer random encounters but with creatures at your level or higher)

Oh yes and this is what i think of the graphics in Arcanum :minigun: DIE!

13. Childe Random

Childe Random New Member

Yes, I guess part of what irritates me is the waiting aspects of Arcanum, where I am by no standards enjoying the game. In fallout after playing it for a very long time I had the same feeling, but Arcanum magnifies to where that symptom occurs within a week. The relatively slow load times and traveling are most of it, but random encounters are a very important part of getting tired of Arcanum.

Our Host!