Whats your favorite character choice???

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by The Chosen One, Aug 14, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Menkhur

Menkhur New Member

Well, I'll have to admit you just described my current character, (with the exception of the alignment) which is the result of having completed the game with a male, ugly, halfling thief.

I'd just say: Add to that recepie "Master of Persuassion".
    It will do wonders for you.

2. The Chosen One

The Chosen One New Member

Yeah I've tried persaution b4 and it kicks arse. So does getting your charisma to 20+ (Any1 joins you, regardless of alignment) ^_^

Reason why I didn't include it with that dark elf is cos when you choose the background ''Dark Elf Follower'' You get extra WP with Lower CH 3:) I usually find it really hard to chose a back ground sometimes end up with not having one but i think its a good idea to have one cos it makes your character more orginal and personal. :p

If I play a Dark Elf im not going to have an evil one, just one that hates tech. Reason why is I just can't bring myself to do evil deeds :-? :eek:

Oh and incase you didn't know females make better makes as they gain +1 CN for -1 ST 3:)

3. Menkhur

Menkhur New Member

Make better makes?

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say here.

4. The Chosen One

HAHAHAHHAAAAAAA How stupid can I get? I must have an Int stat of about 3 and an even lower Perception stat :oops: :p

What I MEANT to say was that females make better M A G E S 3:)

5. Menkhur

Menkhur New Member

6. Sauron

Sauron New Member

One of my fav character choices is a female.Who is a reall hot. :wink: she has high per. very suductive. makes people do what ever she wants. normal to good not very strong or fast. and has many followers to do the fight in for her. no magic or tech.

7. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

I am a tech/thief/melee. I have maxed smithy and mechanics. Master lock pick and melee. Also, maxed charisma. I have alot of fun with this character. Pretty cool bein able to have as many automatons as you want.

8. Menkhur

Menkhur New Member

Sauron:
    Try to play using the debutante or super model character backgrounds. You may find them amusing.

When I played a female, I chose the debutante.

If you are human,though, then I recommend the Beauty School background.

9. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

I have become rather fond of 1/2 Orc females.

Debutant as a diplomat, Miracle Operation as a gunslinger, Barbarian as a battlemage. Mad doctor as a, well, mad doctor.

10. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

dont waste cp's on balanced sword, get Magnus to make them for you.

Another fun character is the super-mage, there are 64 cp's you can get so it's possible to have 12 colleges, I've done this and its so fun. I want to raze every city in Arcanum to the ground. My character thinks "if it breathes disintergrate it, if it breathes and has an Arcane staff fireball it.

I Killed stringy pete and all his followers with disintergrate ( I disintergrated stringy pete, stole the boat and then got mastery to kill the other skeletons.

I disintergrated kerghan when he came as a mysterios apparationm (not really)

11. Childe Random

Childe Random New Member

My current character is kind of a tech gunslinger. He mainly focuses on using weapons, but also does explosives and gunsmithing. A fine revolver is quite worth it in Otto Krupp's mod as opposed to the quality revolver my bandit-ish arse starts with. Ammo is tough early in the game though.

12. The Chosen One

I now have 2 players going at the same time, both very different.

One is a Dark Elf Follower, stongly opposed to Magic and skilled in Bow, Haggle, powling and expert in pick pocket.
    She has the magics force, fire, temporal, conveyance, black an white necro and summoning :p

The Other is a Human Theif. Expert Melee, Fire Arms. Master Lockpick, Prowling, pick pocket and back stab. Hs also got all the electric and Mechanical skills. At level 10 I made Eye Gear which is the 4th one on the Mech list......Dam thoose Essance of Int are useful. 0:)

Did Anyone else know you can make an Electric Gun !?!? I bought the Scematic from the inventor in Tarant, It requires a Looking Glass rile and a Tesla Rod, I want one 0:) 3:)

Our Host!