What kind of view and combat style do you want in Fallout 3?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkUnderlord, Jul 16, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

What view and combat style would you like in fo3?

1. First person real time

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. First person turn based

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Third person over-the-shoulder real time

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Third person over-the-shoulder turn based

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Isometric top-down real time

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Isometric top-down turn based

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Aries Shion

Aries Shion New Member

I want Silent Storm's combat and damageable environment ported whole into Fallout.

2. floyd

floyd New Member

Isometric top-down turn based.
    And I'd rather see a 2D engine than a 3D engine for reasons mentioned above and for the continuity of the series.
    Never change a winning formula.

3. xento

xento New Member

Exactly.

And, as mentioned, a destructable enviroment would be nice. You don't see that very often.

4. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

It's been a while since I played StarCraft, but I think it still used ze olde 640x480 resolution. Compare that to what you can set in WC3, zoomout and enjoy.

Another reason why I think the way I do is because I own a 19 inch monitor for over 3 years now. I'm sure StarCraft looks purdy with a 15 incher...

Every time I think that an athlon 2500 and a radeon 9600 or GF 4 card is standard, I meet a bunch of people with such low end computers that I start crying. Heh funny that, I'll soon be among them, I'm not planning an upgrade for some time still. I'm getting a BMW...

5. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

No. Wizardry 8 you have to positon some member of your party to be in the front, on the right and left side and middle and rear. In combat you can move than right flank person to the front or rear it there where no monster on the right flank or left life on the right flank.

6. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

It was inpossible to model Fallout 1 and 2 as it was all hardcode witch also make it harder to patch. BGI AND BGII and all Icewind Dale game can be model to than certain extend which is adding life to those game. Morrowwind was make to make modeing easier to do. There are wedsite that carry mods you can download and change or you can make your own.
    Image that in Fallout 3 you can load in a clothing mod or armour and weapon mod or than new dungeon or quests mod or than your own stronghold or base mod.

7. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

If computer gameing have not change we would still be playing text based game. Isolate view used in Fallout 1 and 2 was used to make you think that 2-d view was 3-d view. It give your eyes than phony percep point to fool you into think that 2-d image is 3-d. So when Fallout 3 is make in 3-d than Isolate view isnot really needed.

8. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

9. Aries Shion

Aries Shion New Member

Impossible to mod Fallout 1 & 2? Then I suggest you visit nma's fallout modding and hacking forum, Charles. We are close to unraveling the mystaries of the game. Gone are the days of ultra-lame, weapon replacement mods. Hell, Celestial is producing a 1.06 Fallout patch that adds content that the developers locked out.

10. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Oooh, like what? I can't be bothered going to the forums to find out, so just spoil the surprise for me already!

11. xento

xento New Member

Yes, I forgot about that, Charles. If you use 3D models, you can't have the awesome death animations anymore; 3D models just can't optimally do that in a game yet.

12. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

First how many year did it take then to do it and it still not going to easy to mod as other games. Morrowind the game have over 3400 mods on one forum alone. There are people who never mod before makeing good mods.

13. Sea Dog

Sea Dog New Member

From what I gather of Charles' post, I agree. Morrowind is easiest game to mod I have played yet, right now I can't think of many but it certainly tops all games that I can think of.

14. xento

xento New Member

Yes, thankfully it came with an editor, or else it would be a gutter game. The editor is the only thing that keeps people licking at it's tit, even though it's milk came sour. In other words, it's official single player mod sucks, but at least they have the editor to make better, fan-made ones.

15. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

Yeah, definitely. Simple as hell.

16. Sea Dog

Sea Dog New Member

I disagree Xento, I also enjoyed the single player game and Morrowind's milk is nothing but full cream goodness

17. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

In Mathematics for the Million by Lancelot Hogben he state the reason that the Arabic numbering came the standard numbering system worldwide was it make adding, subtaction, mulp and divison earier to so compare to roman numbering system. With the zero as than placeholder you where able to write large number with just 10 sybols. It also make doudle entery booking possible which is why the merchants of Europe and alsowhere like it. Before the arabic numbering system came out all bookeeping was single entry. Single entry bookkeeping is still use when it usefull, since I have than debt card I use the back of the copy of your chech to keep track of debt card use by writeing the round up to the next dollar of tranaction that have than cents like 1.10 to 2 dollar, on the back of your copy of the written check in single entry format.

18. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

In above post I meant how many of you would want to use Roman numbering in checks writeing or in veryday life to take the place of Arabic numbering system. That the different between hard to mod games and easy to mod games. The company want Wal-Mart to carry the game so no nudeity was allow in the game but modeler make mods that allow nudeity an Wal-Mart cannot do anything about that, as the game company cannot be hold legality for the action of modeler whinin reason.

19. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

I found Attack of the Cliff Racersâ„¢ to be as linear as hell and full of little more than uninteresting combat. Morrowind's a giant 'Whack a Skeleton' game.

20. Chunky944

Chunky944 New Member

I actually found the editor to be too hard... I'm too impatient to even bother learning such things.
    Same goes for arcanums editor, it takes WAY too long to use.

Our Host!