What kind of computer games do you like.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Native Bug, Nov 19, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Native Bug

Native Bug New Member

Never mind tony hawk i mean skate board game. But what other games do you like milo.

2. xento

xento New Member

He's talking about Tony Hawk Proskater II.
    I know you mean something different, but he doesn't.

3. Native Bug

Native Bug New Member

It not hack it hawk nbrosz ok so anyway have any of you played midtown maddness.

4. xento

xento New Member

5. Rat Keeng

Rat Keeng New Member

He pointed out that the game was spelled "Hawk", not "Hack". Why he pointed it out i do not know.

But hey, i have midtown madness lying around somewhere. It came with my computer when i bought it, but it's been 1 year now and i still haven't gotten around to even trying it. Slug, why don't you write a 500 word review of Midtown Madness. If it passes my mustard, i'll give it a shot.

Syberia is a beautiful game, yes? I saw a bit of it and it looked astounding. Been shifting a bit away from RPGs myself lately, and it's been so long since i played a good Adventure game, and this Syberia game piqued my interest so to speak.

6. Milo

Milo New Member

Syberia is a very pretty game. It tends to be a little "mechanical puzzle" heavy, though. In some places, I've had to use a walkthrough because I got completely stuck and had no idea what to do to advance the story.

Post Mortem is, so far, a totally different type of adventure. This game has you as a private investigator trying to solve a double murder sometime in 1920s or 1930s Paris. It uses a modified first person perspective which, once you get used to it, isn't too distracting. It features totally free mouselook, but not free movement. No WASD keys here. You can move to different spots within each location. Like I said, it takes some getting used to.

The dialogue is in third person and I think it adds a great feel to the game. Once you enter into a conversation, the camera switches to a sort of "movie view" with the camera panning back and forth between speakers. Almost like an in-game cutscene where you pick the dialogue. And speaking of dialogue, it seems pretty dynamic in this game. Each NPC has a sort of vibe to them that you, as the player, can really pick up on. For instance, early in the game, you talk to a psychoanalyst about his profile of the suspect. Now, previously, you've lied about being a private eye to some of the witnesses and it's worked like a charm. With the psychoanalyst, though, you could just tell that lying wouldn't work. And guess what, it didn't. Good thing he wasn't too pissed at me. Bottom line is, it's a like a typical "choose what you say" dialogue, but there's more depth to it. It feels more realistic.

Also, I'm really liking the little touches in the game. Things that you don't normally get in a "click everything in my inventory over and over again" type of adventure. Things like gathering clues on the suspects appearance, ie was he wearing glasses, what kind of nose, did he have a mustache, etc, and using your sketchbook to draw a composite image that you can show to people.

Finally, regarding graphics, it's the same people that made Syberia and it shows. The cutscenes are jaw dropping. Just beautiful. The in game graphics are a mixed bag. The backgrounds are top notch. Very, very good. At times, they look almost photo-realistic. Then at others, they look a little rushed. For instance, there's a scene at a bar where it's painfully obvious that the people around you are just flat images. It's not too distracting, though, and so far it's the exception, not the norm.

The character models are just ok. They would've been excellent like a year or so ago, but after playing No One Lives Forever 2, Mafia, and UT2k3, the ones in Post Mortem are a little subpar. They just don't look realistically human. And their mouths are scary looking. They're just... funky looking. I'd like to stress that this is a minor thing, though. It doesn't majorly detract from what is otherwise a very engrossing, immersive murder mystery.

7. Native Bug

Native Bug New Member

I played lots of game still have no beaten arcanum do.

8. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

gion by tihs:
    Last edited by nbrosz on 23 Nov 2002 06:55, edited 1 time in total

id saey nbross maed a typo an spell ti "Tony Hack Proskater II" wich si a veeri diffarint gaeme in it u play a kompootar hax0r a0l pron lol!!11! an u haev to taek on teh ohtar compootar hax0r befoer he hax0rs ur kompotar sti a veray good gaem an i liek it lots.

9. Native Bug

Native Bug New Member

Nbrosz just edited it that all i seen him do it but anyway I like games with lots of places to go and missions and guns and all of that.

10. xento

xento New Member

Isn't that what the general computer game is about these days?

11. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

yeh lol it si but gaems liek taht r fun!!1! i liek retarn to casetl wolfonsteen coz i liek shootin german natsis lol!

12. Drugar

Drugar New Member

I've been playing Hitman lately, wanna have finished 1 before I buy 2.
    That game is farkin' AWESOME! Nothing better than sneakin' up to a guard, strangling him, dragging him into an empty room, taking his clothes, and go stand at his post, pretending to be him.
    Then, when the other guard walks by, quickly strangle him too, drag him into the room, and go look for another guard....

I love it!

13. Native Bug

Native Bug New Member

That sounds like a fun game killing lots of guards and all that.

Our Host!