What do YOU think the Void should look like?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Wolfsbane, Mar 28, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Would you like a Void mod?

Poll closed Apr 7, 2006.
  1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. don't care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. SPAM!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

How should it look? Should it be a world consisting of drifting islands above an abyss of god-knows-what? Or should it be a thriving technological world, where the people has already invented teleportation by technology? hould there be deserts or forests?
    What does your Void look like? Discuss it here, and maybe then a modder will create the Void Mod (fat chance...)!

2. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

I think the void should still have the floating islands, but it would be more of a social device than anything else. They hover above the real surface of the void, where the downtrodden and generally out of luck dwell. All of the people who do well for themselves find a way up to the floating islands, or are born there. There should be a great variety of creatures, but with a rapidly growing population of Void Lizards and Arayas, and some discussion as to what should be done with these "pests." Seeing as the void is empty by the time Kerghan gets there, the Void Lizards should be a central theme, since they and the Arayas are the only other living things there. The major point of the void mod whould be trying to find a way to best combat this growing menace, like maybe finding a lizard hive with a massive queen void lizard to kill, or try to kill. However, there would be something you missed, like a hidden cache of eggs and caretaker lizards, something to result in the state of the void by the time Kerghan got there.

3. Archea47

Archea47 New Member

It should be a coutry club with lots of smokers, they are evil sorts it seems. Oh and you should include Golf Cart arcanum with it

4. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

I think it should be a God-know-what where people can flow freely, and where they can see only 50m before themselves. Anyway, there would be a country club.

5. Wolfsbane

I liked Gross' idea, I really did. But what of Gorgoth and Kraka-Tur? They were banished before Kerghan, and they could easily've been a part of the Voids destruction. Or, well, at least Gorgoth could. Kraka-Tur is by far a too great coward to battle greater forces.

6. Maximus

Maximus New Member

If anything, there should be some big nasty, never before seen monsters that are truely terrifying, and worthy of our charecters strength by time we get there. Maybe dragons? Two-headed cyclops? Blue rabbits with big sharp teeth?

Above all, you should be able to get back to the main map and continue playing if you want. That all by itself would be the best mod of all!
    The ending's great, but I didn't want it to just end like that.

7. Archea47

Archea47 New Member

I don't recall seeing nearly that far but where have you been?

8. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

If I would have known...:hippy:

9. Gizmaluke

Gizmaluke New Member

it should have the floating islands but they should all be connected by a bridge and should be a advanced tech city with lots of steam engines and shit like that and they are there because they got to advanced and a freak technological explosion sent them to the beginning of time or summit lol

10. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

I like my idea more. Oh, and use the emoticon for that phrase, don't actually use the L followed by O followed by yet another L. Not a chat-room or IM here.

11. Wolfsbane

Or... What if the islands were all connected and they were cast out into space by some massive explosion caused by magic vs tech?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you borrowing from me or just thinking along similar lines?

13. Wolfsbane

Borrowing? No, I don't recall any other posting this... So I guess we're thinking in similar lines, yes. Have you already posted this idea?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, I did mention something similar, although I'll be damned if I can remember where. It was a couple, three weeks ago.

Basically, there is a large landmass in the Void that is being ripped apart by the constant drain of magic energy in Arcanum. High society, High art, and all that. The Void islands are the pieces that broke off.

15. Wolfsbane

... And they floated into that dimension's "space" of some sort... It's a good idea, really.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wolfsbane, I owe you an apology.

It's one of those things where you think about doing something, then later believe that you had.
    The idea I mentioned was in fact just a thumbnail note for a future storyline. I might have mentioned something along these lines in a post, but not enough to matter.

Now that that's out of the way, have you seen the movie, "The Neverending Story"? The Nothing mentioned there gave me an idea that as the pieces were being torn away they would disappear into a realm between two universes. In terms of map-making this would really simplify things. You could use a basic outdoor & indoor scheme for the world, then back it right up against the Void landscape.

Our Host!