Weekly Update #12

Discussion in 'Vampire Discussion' started by Hollywood, Jun 18, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Hollywood

Hollywood New Member

Now that people have gotten a look at the E3 2004 build that has prompted a bunch of new questions for Troika as it showed many more new features and changes. Here is what Leon from Torika had to say about your post E3 questions.

Enjoy!

-Shane

#1: How much are clan weaknesses (Torrie fasciniation, Brujah fury,
    Ventrue tastes) going to come into play? We see the Malkavian dialogue and the Nosferatu visages. But how will the other less obvious disadvantages be implemented?

We've tried to incorporate the clan weaknesses into the gameplay without making them to obtrusive to the player, but enough to change your game experience. For instance, the Brujah has a greater chance to frenzy than other clans, the Ventrue only get half blood from feeding on non- Blue Bloods (and may even throw up) and can't feed on rats, and the Malkavian and Nosferatu are fairly obvious as you've pointed out. We're still trying out some different ideas for some of the more obscure ones which we can fill you in on later.

#2: During the E3 demo it appeared that Troika chose to using a "bar"
    for health and disciplines vs. the typical 7 levels of health and 5 dots for powers. What prompted this change and will each discipline still have 5 individual levels?

Each discipline still has 5 levels, we've just changed the look of the interface. Your blood vial is still broken into sections (represented by ticks) to indicate how much you have left inyour blood pool. We've been forced to move away from the 7 levels of health because we've found that in real time combat situations you get hit alot more than in turn based. For example, let's say I've decided to take cover behind some crates to avoid some enemies firing at me. In real time, I decide to take cover, take some hits, run towards cover, take some more hits, finally make it to cover. In turn based I say "I'm taking cover behind these crates" and you do. If we had stayed with the 7 levels we would have had to subdivide it multiple times anyway, so that NPCs weren't dealing out a minimum of one level of damage every time they hit you.

2. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i can hardly wait... this is gonna be so awesome.

3. DEATH AT THE DOOR

DEATH AT THE DOOR New Member

And I was beginning to wonder if I was the only person interested in VTM: Bloodlines on this forum.

I wonder how the Toreador weakness and boon will be implimented...

4. mathboy

mathboy New Member

I'm interested in it too, if my computer can handle the game, and if it won't be too scary.

5. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i just want to play a Malkav... i used to play live action, and it was highly fun to pretend insanity...

6. DEATH AT THE DOOR

You know, I wanted to play a Malkav too :D.
    I am a Malkav with Torreador tendencies ;).

7. mathboy

mathboy New Member

I want to play a Malkavian too, but probably a Brujah the first time around, so I won't have to think much.

8. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

Malkavs are actually probably the easiest to play in any kind of game... you don't have to prescribe to too many rules. i liked the idea behind Tremere, but they were always a bitch to role-play... i did have quite a good time with a Giovanni character once, but i doubt the PC game will have the more obscure clans. Brujah is pretty entertaining, but it's hard to keep up that much energy and anger when playing in person... i suppose it's easier in a videogame, though.

9. DEATH AT THE DOOR

Ah, so you do play Vampire: TM, rosenshyne?

Any news about WoD 2.0? It is not going to be d20, is it?

10. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i used to, but that was like 5 years ago. i didn't really like masquerade, though, i preferred dark ages. live action with guns always sucks. it too quickly degenerates into
    "i got you!"
    "did not! you missed!"
    "yeah, well, you're a bitch!"
    "i hate you!"
    "i'm calling my mom, you poser!"
    "oh yeah? then i want my twenty-sided die back, you fuck-twit!"

actually, my favorite white wolf game is changling... but no one ever wants to play. i'm too old for live action now, though. i'd feel retarded running around the park in a cape pretending to pounce on people. it was still retarded when i was 16, but back then i didn't care. if only i could find people to sit down for a nice old-fashioned paper game...

11. DEATH AT THE DOOR

Hmm... VTM was live action then?
    Never played anything but the CRPG V:TM - Redemption.

12. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

it was never "officially" live action. but it's a helluva lot more fun to play that way. especially when you "accidentally" hit someone you don't like :D

13. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

How do you play "live action" RPGs? I've only played PNP, Shadowrun to be exact. I ruled, and I still miss it.

14. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    You dress yourself up like the character you would like to play, and then run around in the woods trying to "kill" others with padded swords. Surely fun for the ones involved, but I doubt that anyone could get me into it. I'd rather stick to the tabletop as it is.

Back at school, we had a guy who owned full sets of leather, chain, and plate armor, which he used to walk around with at school. He's really into that stuff, and go on long trips across the country to engage in some live action. Some people there are...

15. DEATH AT THE DOOR

16. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

live action is great fun, but yes, highly geeky. and everyone who sees you WILL laugh. still, if you don't care what the world at large thinks, it's a great way to spend an afternoon/evening/entire 24 hours... also, it's good exercise.

17. DEATH AT THE DOOR

Now all I have to do is to find a live action roleplaing group in the bloody hell-hole I am living in.
    Nonsense: there is no roleplaying group here.
    Damn french canadians.

18. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

19. DEATH AT THE DOOR

Our Host!