wall-eyed Virgil

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Feldon Kane, Nov 22, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

I like this game. I really do. But DAMN if this isn't the buggiest piece of software I've ever owned!
    I've finished the game once, so now I'm trying a variety of characters. My 38th level mage, who has taken full advantage of the god quest, is in the Vendigroth ruins. I'm toting Dog, Magnus, Loghaire, Raven, and (as I call him) Virgil the Dumbass. I wanted to see what happens in the end game with Loghaire along. But, of course, the BUGS have put an end to my fun once again.
    Virgil the Dumbass has turned into a wall again, and I saved before I noticed that Virgil the Dumbass had pulled another of his goofs. Now the game either won't load or if it does, all the character portraits are black (I mean they're not visible. They're not of African ancestry. That might be interesting.).
    How do I deal with this problem? Can I rescue my game? And has anyone else noticed that one of the elf portraits for new characters looks just like Freddie Mercury of Queen fame?

2. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I don't know how to work your problem out, mabbe try safe mode. Maybe Jarinor knows the answer to yer problem. He thinks the bugs don't exist. What a load. The bug thing in Arcanum are a piece of art in itself

3. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Thanks for the advice. I've never tried safe mode. What's the advantage?

4. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

It's just that it doesn't have access to all your system files and runs in a minimun configuration. It fixes all sorts of bugs but at a price

5. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Thanks. I'll try anything at this point. Happy Thanksgiving, Turkey Day, Thursday.

6. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Same to you my friend. hope the bugs from arcanum don't end up in yer turkey! :smile:

Our Host!