Vendigroth: enjoy :)

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Wangus, Jan 5, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wangus

Wangus New Member

[OOC]
    I'm sure most of you know that OOC means out of character, but for those of you who don't, there you go.
    I didn't want to join any of the other threads because they've gone on for so long. So instead of waiting for someone else to start a new thread, I think I'll give it a go.
    My plan is to go through the wastes for a small time before entering the ruins. Join with me if you want, make constructive full bodied posts, blah, blah, blah.
    Enjoy
    [/OOC]

I wiped the sand out of my eyes while I dragged my body along, my pack slung over my shoulder. I found a group of nice tall rocks and laid myself down against them, glad to finally be away from the wind. I looked at my map. The ruins weren't far away from the little dot with the words Miong D'serta on it, that was me. I smiled at the magical piece of parchment given to me by my elven mother the day of my human father's funeral.

I checked my supplies. I was fresh out of fatigue potions, all I had left were these horrible fatigue restorers given to me by some herbology expert. I shuddered involuntarily at the thought of them. I took off my elven chainmail and examined the gash across my chest. The blood was slowly stopping, but the wound was in no way better than before. I still remember the fight that gave me it.

It was two days ago. I was wondering through the sands when I heard a screech like no other. I turned to see five objects in the distance charging at me. I focused closer and saw that, well at least believed that, they were giant arachnids. I aimed my long bow, channeled some energy into my body and turned the arrow in my hand into a flaming weapon. I launched the arrow at my target, and down it went. I took out another two the same way before the last two caught up with me. I was shocked for a moment because of two things. The first was the speed that they arrived, and the second was that they were just big spiders, they were big spiders with human torsos and heads, female human torsos and heads. One of them broke grabbed my bow and broke it. I snapped out of my shock and gathered enough energy to form a ball of fire, which promptly incinerated the creature in front of me. I turned around to face the other too late. It slashed at me and sent me flying. I shot off another ball of fire, and all was quiet.

I focused back to real time and check my bow, broken in two places. With that broken and an almost no way to keep myself into to the magic around me, I had to trust on my dagger alone.

I repacked my things and started walking again. After a while, I was too weak. I took out one of the fatigue restorers and, looking at it disgustingly, swallowed it whole. I immediately retched and spat some of it out. This wasn’t going to be a fun trip.

[OOC]
    Obviously, the posts don't have to be as long as this (though I don't consider this really that long), but since this is my first roleplaying post, I wanted it to be lengthy.
    [/OOC]

[edit] had to fix some grammar, probably still more mistakes but I think i fixed the worst ones.[/edit]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wangus on 2002-01-05 14:28 ]</font>

2. Flink

Flink New Member

[OOC]
    Ok... I'll give this a try, my first time so go easy if I'm wrong about this. Alright? :smile:
    [/OOC]

I had finally escaped the Tarant law enforcers... I was free! free from the tyrant Gilbert Bates and his hellish factory. I had to kill the the factory foreman but it was worth it, even if it made had me a wanted man all the so called civilized cities and towns... I didn't care. My Orcish heart never wanted to return to any city ever again anyway... Unfortunatly a Tarantian guard shot me in the leg during my escape.. Which made the trek to the Vendigroth even harder, but I made it.

I knew that no sheriff would ever come this far north.. They wouldn't dare... Unfortunatly, my quick escape had left me with little supplies. A rusty work hammer and a few coins... I was forced to steal what I could to get where I was. But now, ones again my supplies where running low... I was down to my last cantine of water. And I was all out of food... I knew that I would be done for if I didn't get new supplies soon... But then I spotted something on the horizon.. And I picked up a sent... there was no mistake... It was the sent of a civilized person. Someone who probably had plenty of supplies. I picked up my hammer, and desided to attack!

[OOC]
    Just so there is no mistake, the person I spotted on the horizon is you Wangus :p
    [/OOC]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flink on 2002-01-06 10:57 ]</font>

3. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

This has been edited into deleted-ness.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Etalis Craftlord on 2002-02-03 16:43 ]</font>

4. Quethim

Quethim New Member

It was about time for me to leave Tulla.I was born in Tulla and I am an elf.I lived my whole life in Tulla and I have never left.I was trained as a mage of Force.I am now at the age of 25 and I just became a master of Force.

"I am going to leave now but I do not know where I am going to go.My power will defend me in this desert.Good bye my friends"

I then got all of my stuff and left Tulla.I then saw an orc charging straight at a wanderer.I ran over there.

5. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Damn I hated all this sand. It clogged all my guns up. Thank the heavens for my eye gear! At least they kept the sand out of my eyes.

I knew that damn city of Tulla was around here somewhere - I could feel the magicks surrounding me. Even if the sand hadn't made my guns useless, the magick would have. I was in the middle of nowhere, with useless weapons and only my trusty long-bladed knife to defend myself with.

Through a break in the twisting sands, I saw several figures converging on someone else. Two's a party, three's a crowd and four is...well, I'd find out when I got there. Those fellows looked pretty mean though. Still, I was not without a small amount of skill when it came to negotiations. Perhaps there was some situation that needed resolving. I needed a new quest. I'd already found those damn Vendigroth ruins, but I hadn't gone inside. Not alone at any rate.

I picked up the pace and hurried as fast as I could to where the unfortunate fellow who everyone converging on was. A gentleman never runs when he doesn't have to.

6. Wangus

Wangus New Member

[OOC]Etalis, we'll have to get to you later if you're inside the ruins, or you can create another character and play two if you want :smile:
    [/OOC]

The wind was at full force and I wasn't sure which was worse, the taste of sand in my mouth or those damned fatigue restorers. As more sand flew by my face I turned my head but was knocked down by the wind. Near the ground I saw out of the corner of my right eye and large object quickly gaining on me. On my left, I saw another object, not as large, further in the distance, but still coming nevertheless.

In an instant reaction I grabbed my bow. I realized it was broken, threw it on the ground, and spat out some obsenities. I closed my eyes to see myself once again in tune with my surroundings but found myself to weak to conjure anything useful against two might be attackers. Wait... oh no. I turned around, my eyes only affirmed what my ears heard. Another man was running at me.

I slowly took a deep breath and locked my hands in a triangle form. I lifted my arms in the air and pointed the triangle at the sun. I closed my eyes and did the only spell I could do. The solar light bounced off my hands and surrounded my body. Worthless against anything, I hoped that some of those charging at me would be afraid.

Apparently, I was wrong. The large object I saw, was first to reach me. I tried to speak but he jumped onto me and started to swing with a hammer before I wiggled my way out from under him. I jumped back and casted a wall of fire around me. The last spelled took the last of my strength and I fell. Lying their helpless, I watched as the man started beating wildly against the wall with his hammer. I was trapped, with precious seconds before he would break through.

Then I heard a noise, a loud noise, and all turned black.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wangus on 2002-01-06 19:43 ]</font>

7. Flink

Flink New Member

Argh! blast this foul magick! My enemy lies helpless, yet I can not move in for the kill!
    Hot flames spew from the ground burning my arms as I try to land a killing blow...

But while I know little of magick I know that it does not last forever... I will wait till the flames die and then take what I want from his helpless body.

But wait! ...Yes! I've picked up the sent of new prey! I turned around, and sure enough two other men came running towards me and my unconncius enemy.

I hesitated, At full strenght I might be able to take on two new advesaries. But I was both tired and hungry, and with my wounded leg I had lost much of my mobility.

I desided to stay and take my chances, grabbing my hammer, ready to ones again engage in battle, I was prepared for the worst...

8. Quethim

Quethim New Member

I saw the orc knock the other fellow down.I thought for a while and remembered what my father told me about orc.He told me to becarful around them and if htey are in the wilderness to just kill it.My father was slain by an orc and so I will kill this one.I started chanting some words but I then stopped.Mabey I should talk to the orc first.

"Hey you!What are you doing?"

9. Flink

Flink New Member

One of the strangers spoke to me, His accent sounded like nothing I'd ever heard before in Tarant (which houses people from all over Arcanum). I therefor concluded that this man had to be a native to the Vendigroth wastes. Possibly from the hidden city of Tulla. Well, I didn't care! even if he was an Arch mage he wouldn't stand between me and my prey!

<looking straight in to the eyes of the mage.>

"This is my prey, I saw him first... His supplies are mine! back off, or you'll feel the sting of my hammer!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flink on 2002-01-07 02:07 ]</font>

10. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

An orc. This did not look promising. Still, perhaps he was one of the rares that could speak.

I picked up the pace a little. The fellow on the ground was obviously a mage, which he had demonstrated by putting up a large wall of fire.

"Come, come my good fellows" I cried out as I reached them, "surely we can come to some sort of agreement here. What exactly is going on?"

Even though my gun was useless, the orc probably wouldn't know that. I made a show of loosening my favourite menacing revolver in it's holster. Nothing like the flash of sunlight of a polished steel barrel to give your enemy pause and weight to your words.

11. Quethim

Quethim New Member

"You foolish orc you do not just kill something for thier gear.I was told orcs are that pathetic."

12. Wangus

Wangus New Member

I awoke from my semi-unconscious state to still find my wall of fire erect. I let out a heavy sigh. I listened carefully, but there was no impact against the wall. I tried to get back up to my feet, but it was not use. Instead, I crawled to the edge of the wall. I slowly murmured a few words while grabbing my dagger.

A little tiny hole opened at the bottom of the wall. I crawled back with speed I did not think possible at the time. Nothing came in. I could see feet, lots of feet, and some voices rising against the roar of the fire. I decided to make another hole in the wall behind me, and I crawled out.

I slowly crept around the walls to see what was happening. I poked my head around the final corner and found three pairs of eyes staring at me.

"Um... hi?" I coughed out with my now scratchy voice from inhaling all the sand. I smiled weakly, "can I help you gentlemen?"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wangus on 2002-01-07 17:11 ]</font>

13. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

"Ah, jolly good! We're all alive and conscious. Now we can have a discussion like proper gentleman. Alas, if only we had less sand, a fire, my teapot and some cups! Oh well."

I brought out my walking stick, which also doubled as a small (and mildly uncomfortable) seat when the occasion arose. Sitting back, I dropped my pack to the ground, drew my pistol and set it in my lap, with my hand on the grip.

"Now, what brings us all here gentleman. Why have we all decided to converge on this unfortunate fellow?"

14. Flink

Flink New Member

My battle rage had cooled somewhat... While my contempt for the Tullian mage was still boiling. However, it would be unwise to attack with a revolver pointed at me, I had learned that leason well. My leg was still hurting from the last time I ignored a firearm...

"Better for me to wait, and kill them all in their sleep..."
    I thought.. For now, I'll listen to what this foppish city dweller has to say and remain calm, at least on the outside...

"My affairs here are none of you're concern... I am in need of supplies, and this weak fool was the only source that I was able to find in this wasteland..."

<Looking menecing at the Tullian mage>

"Until now...."

[OOC]
    Just so there are no misunderstandings, when I say Tullian mage, I refer to Quethim. Since he's a mage from Tulla :smile: Since there are two mages in this story, people might find it a little confusing...
    [/OOC]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flink on 2002-01-08 00:50 ]</font>

15. Maniac

Maniac New Member

I saw a gathering of men.They all were so ugly!There was an elf between them.But I was so hungry.I ran up to them.
    "Me Tygol.Tygol hungry.Can Tygol have some food?" I was greeted by amazed and angry eyes.One of them was an orc!I became scared.What if that orc decides to eat me?

16. Wangus

Wangus New Member

I looked over our little "party," and finally decided to remove the fire wall. The wall gone, I finally felt my strength slowly returning.

"Well, since we're all here," I spoke while slowly pulling myself up, "I guess I can start." The others looked at me intently. I wiped a cluster of sand out of my eye and continued, "I'm Mi..... well, you can just call me Wangus."

The other's looked at me amused.

"I'd shake all your hands, but I'm afraid I'd faint just trying to get over to you." I received a few light grunts.

I gathered my energy and spoke as sarcasticly as I could, "Now that we're all here, let's be friends." I look at each one tentatively, "Or not..."

I turned to the one who was obviously an elf and even more obviously a mage.

"You would happen to be a healer?" But before anyone could say anything else, I turned my head, and the rest followed to look at our new "friend."

I couldn't do anything but mutter, "What a day..."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wangus on 2002-01-08 11:57 ]</font>

17. Quethim

Quethim New Member

"I know very little healing but I may beable to help you"I touched his forhead and did theb est I could.

"My name is Quethim and I have just became a master of force.I decided to leave Tulla and just adventure a little bit"

18. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

"My name is David J Hirst. Gentleman, adventurer and gunfighter. Or, as some would say," with this, I gave a withering glance at the two mages, "technologist, if you will. First and foremost though, I am a gentleman. I expect that we can all act civilly for now. If not, unpleasant things will happen..."

Of course, I wasn't going to do anything while anyone was sleeping - I was a gentleman, and besides, I had honour. The only way I was going to attack someone was with a proper challenge and duel.

19. Dagorian

Dagorian New Member

I saw a small party in the desert. What those people are doing here? I checked my bandages. All was right. No one couldn't see my tatoos. Good.
    Then I slowly started to walk towards them. I had my whole body covered. Except my head. But anyway, it was hot. Really hot. Like in Pryan. But that was one great jungle. This is desert. I said: "Greetings! What are you doing in this desert?"

20. DwarvenWarrior

DwarvenWarrior New Member

I had come along way from Ashbury to Tarent and now to the wastes. But I am certain that my quarry would bring me the gold I needed to retire to Stillwater. Weary from traveling I looked at the picture of the Orc I was after quite a wily fellow killed one man and took a bullet in the leg and kept on going. He wasn't hard to track though not with the blood leaking from his leg. I stopped for a moment and fiddled with my beard trying to clean some of the sand out. I adjusted my marksman rifles strap and checked my Pyro axe blade. I took a drank from my Canteen and continued along the well-marked path of heavy footsteps toward Tulla. That's when I saw them I would have taken the shot at long range but there was a magik aura in the air and I did not want to risk backfire so I charged Pyro axe in hand.

Our Host!