Unofficial Arcanum Patch: Bug Reporting

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Anonymous, Aug 6, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Skyfish

Skyfish New Member

My apologies for the double-post; i can't edit my last post using my phone's browser.

I was using the Ring of Shadows for a zero-registered-kill playthrough. I used it to dispatch Arronax's warden and one of the guards at Kerghan's castle, but had no more Scrolls of See Invisible to retrieve the ring and remove the last guard. In desperation i used a Magick Bean to revive the fallen guard. When he died from the ring's effects a second time, i was able to enter the castle -- even though the other sentry was unperturbed.

I was very pleased at this result, but it must surely have been a bug.

Regards,
    Sky

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

A little thing lately noticed by Yuki.
    Glasses boost your perception when PE <8, while the description says "PE <7".

3. DDTerr

DDTerr New Member

Wrong quest flag for Randver and Loghaire

I 've found one potential source of problems (bug?). Troika probably mismatched global flags 1063 and 1064 in Randver and Loghaire dialogues where talking about Lorek - there should be "gf1064" instead of "gf1063" according to globalflags.mes file. Before this correction it could have led to a swap of states for Fenwick/false Gigant pelt dialogues and Randver-Loghaire/Lorek dialogues.

Corrected lines:
    "01067Randver_Thunder_Stone.dlg"
    {430}{And what of Lorek the Abjurer? }{}{5}{}{432}{gf1064 1}

"01071Loghaire_Thunder_Stone.dlg"
    {259}{No...that was Lorek's flaw. Yours is a conflict of Shape...}{}{5}{gf1064 1}{263}{}
    {260}{The failure is not one of Stone, but of Shape...don't you see?}{}{5}{gf1064 0}{263}{}

---------------------------
    To prevent the possibility to repeatedly accept the quest from Erick Obsidian (to find Iron Clan) it is needed to add "qb1093 1" as a test condition to lines 87 and 90:

Corrected lines:
    "01473Erick_Obsidian.dlg"
    {87}{Perhaps I might attempt to find them for you...}{}{5}{qb1093 1}{94}{}
    {90}{Mebbe I find Iron Clan!}{}{-4}{qb1093 1}{94}{}

---------------------------
    And similar problem/bug with Vegard - it is posible to repeatedly accept the quest from Vegard (to find his heirloom) following the lines 3-93-151-126- and gain the reaction +5 bonus or lines 3-93-151-127-134- without bonus... the same is true also for dumb players. The solution is similar to above mentioned...

Corrected lines:
    "01471Vegard_MoltenFlow.dlg"
    {126}{Perhaps I might retrieve that heirloom?}{}{5}{qb1092 1}{81}{re +5}
    {129}{Uh...mebbe I get air-loom for you?}{}{-4}{qb1092 1}{81}{re +5}
    {134}{Perhaps I might retrieve that heirloom?}{}{5}{qb1092 1}{81}{}
    {137}{Uh...mebbe I get air-loom for you?}{}{-4}{qb1092 1}{81}{}

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Updated the main changelog with the list of upcoming changes. (The list of the Extra Content module additions will be coming soon as well.)

The new version of the patch is just beyond the corner, although I'll try to squeeze in as many fixes as I can. Thanks to everyone for the bug reports.

5. jamminfrog

jamminfrog New Member

Hi there and thanks for all your hard work in improving this wonderful game. Had a go as a thief and now as a techno gunman.

I have found the following bugs:

1. creating a healing jacket for sizes other than human didn't work although I managed to create an electro armor for human, small and large sizes.

2. sometimes the games indicates "skills" when pointing the mouse on an object. In fact it refers to a message than has appeared a little earlier but that has been delt with such as a Level Up message...

3. My character doesn't seem to benefit from drinking healing/fatigue potions. healing salves work a treat on the other hand

good luck and thanks again

6. Minuos

Minuos New Member

The problem there is that you're playing a technologically based character. Potions are magickal, and healing salves, fatigue restorers and such are technological. Once you're at a certain level of technological aptitude, potions will do nothing. Same for tech healing with a magick character.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It works. Make sure you're using Leather Armor, not Guard Leather Armor.

Yes, it happens sometimes, but it's just a minor annoyance regardless.

8. dzzirt

dzzirt New Member

Ive just got to half ogre island, but cant get back, because captain dissapeared :(

Ive reloaded and tried it multiply times, but still no captain on the ship :(

9. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Obvious bug, but just as a quick hint, try using the wheel yourself, perhaps it will save your game.

10. Woreczko

Woreczko New Member

After conversation with sir Matt de Cesare, Thom Ghrak did not bust in with his gun. Cesare said "look out", at nothing happened - thus I`m unable to start X-files quest.

Any tips on how to encourage Ghrak to bust into Wellingtons Club? He is not standing at Kensington anymore unfortunately...

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just played through the whole quest to check this, haven't noticed any problems, everything works.

Could you describe your installation? What patches/mods do you have installed?

12. light-servant

light-servant New Member

I think i know how to get the ship captain back, you just need to wait till morning and he should be back. And as for Matt de Cesare quest it worked perfectly for me with Drog's patch.

13. Woreczko

Woreczko New Member

@Drog
    My installation of Arcanum includes
    1. 1.0.7.4 version of the game
    2. Latest UAP + high resolution patch + restored content + townmaps
    3. Modified effect and spell.mes - I did play with them before, so I don`t think, they cause trouble. For record, they contain changed racial modifiers, altered minimum WP values for spell casting and some changes to exixsting spells.
    4. Edited protos. This, I think, is causing the trouble. I had copied protos from the previous walkthrough, which was done under earlier UAP with Krupps ranged mod on it. Moreover, I have modified protos myself via hexeditor (mainly changed speed values of most weapons).

I suppose, I either screwed something, modifying guns, which Thom Ghrak and de Cesare use; or the old set of protos is causing troble with new version of UAP + all the goodies. I needlessly copied all the protos, not only the weapon ones... :/
    What do you think?

Thank you for attention :)

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, the prototypes could be damaged, you should definitely check that. Just temporarily rename the 'proto' folder, so that the game will generate new ones.

Also, just in case, what resolution are you running the game in?

15. Woreczko

Woreczko New Member

Right you were Drog :)

I`ve deleted all the prototypes save for weapons and encounter with de Cesare works just fine. I`m very happy, that I need not to revert changes in weapon prototypes, that I`ve made.

I`m playing at 1400x900

Thank you for your help and for the absolutely flaggerblasting (sp?) UAP :)

16. martix

martix New Member

I don't know where to post typos, but say its here - the problem is:
    When completing Stringy Pete's quest he insulted my woman by calling her laddie, instead of lassie or some such...

17. Charonte

Charonte Member

This may or may not have been reported before, but in Shrouded Hills if you dispose of the bandits at the gate (I persuaded them to leave) before telling the Constable you will assist him, it is possible to go back, claim your reward and end up in a dialog tree that has the Constable talking about 'a problem at the bridge' again. He'll even offer to give you 50 gold despite them already being dispatched, although you can't actually claim the reward twice.

If you really, really, really need the dialog numbers I can get them as soon a I'm not dying of asthma.

18. Krycek

Krycek New Member

19. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Damn cold meds!
    I read Krycek post.
    Then reread Charonte's post to try and gain some context.
    Only this time I read ‘Silent Hill’ instead of ‘Shrouded Hills’.
    At that point my brain promptly made a hard right and headed out to the snack machine leaving me at my office computer trying to make sense of it all.
    The best I could manage was drooling slightly and attempting to gnaw on my shoulder.

20. lewton

lewton New Member

My game is crashing after I talk to Nasrudin and before it, whenever i try to fight those monsters in the jungle.

Arcanum 1074
    UAP 081229
    HighRes 1.1
    HQ Townmaps
    Level Cap remover

Whit the cheat enabler, i can turn off the NPC fight, so I dont have to fight with the monsters, but I dont have any solution to the Nasrudin problem. Right after the cinematic its just crashes.

Our Host!