Traps, Spot and Disarm?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by ConjurerDragon, Mar 6, 2021.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Member Supporter

My current character is a dwarven technogunfighter, so starts with a small bonus in disarming traps but none in spotting traps.

I found the first traps in Betty Boo´s mine, or rather did run into the trap. Now I gained a level and have a skill point to spend:

So I try to evaluate if raising disarm traps would be worthwhile (for a dwarf it would be fitting anyway).

- Is disarm traps any useful without spotting traps? As in can I actually disarm a trap that I do not see before running into it? Or do I have to have the thief-skill spot traps too to make it work at all?
    - what does disarming do? Just disarm /make harmless the traps? Or do I get the trap as loot that I disarmed to sell so that it would help my finances just like I can sell the traps that I can make from trash using the technology-templates?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  2. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

- you need to know if there is a trap to disarm it, so spotting traps is necessary
    - the better you are at disarming higher are the chances not only to succesfully disarm traps but also to obtain loot from them ;)

Our Host!