Transport

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Rane, Oct 18, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DarkChylde

DarkChylde New Member

Bombs aren't nearly as fun as guns. Besides, if anybody comes into my house earlier than midnight they're gonna find themselves staring at my handgun until I figure out who they are, and why they are here. But anyway! I think you should be able to modify your cars. ie: build yourself a model T, and then lower it, put hydralics in it, and a kickin' sound system. You ain't never seen big pimpin tell you seen my T! :D anybody else like the ideas of modable cars? oh, and I think you should get a couple different cars avilable (ie: like a car, an SUV-type thing, and a plane)

2. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Now that would take at lot of space... how would you carry all those CDs home? :D

3. Langolier

Langolier Member

We're still talking about Arcanum here right? Well provided we are still FAIRLY close to the victorian era (im thinking 1918 tops) I dont think there would be any SUV's around. Cars should be REALLY expensive. With only the upper classes owning them. It would be nice if somewhere they had one of those early race cars. It would get anywhere on the world map i half the time as a normal car.

4. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

There should be horses too. I think there should have been horses in the first place. I suppose a modder could make one. Just like Chrisbebboes' car except a horse.

5. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

Yeah, it doesn't make sense that there are no horses. There are carts and other horse-drawn vehicles in the game, so where are the friggin horses? The cities need to be alot busier, with carraiges, wagons, and riders going by all the time. And you need to be able to actually ride a horse around a city area, not just teleport across the map. The riding could work kind of like in Dynasty Warriors. Which is a great console game, by the way.

6. Schadrach

Schadrach New Member

It *IS* politically incorrect though. Just like caling someone black rather than African American is politically incorrect. God, I hate political correctness. If anyone ever tells me to be politically correct because I called someone any term less offensive than "nigger" or "chink" again, I'm going to start demanding that they call me a "Predominately Caucasain American of multi-national descent, including but not limited wholly to the native peoples of England, France, and Germany", and claim that any other reference to my ethnicity is insulting and racist. :)

Did I mention having a sociology class a couple of years back where we had a handout titled "Ten Myths About Affirmative Action" (https://www.patrick.af.mil/deomi/Librar ... Action.pdf is almost the same as the one we read) and on the final had an essay question near the end of the test along the lines of "Are you in favor of affirmative action and why?", with the question being noted as worth 15% of the test. Note again that the "10 Myths" was the only written source about affirmative action even mentioned in the course.

Oh, and no offense to those of you of the "we must defend the 2nd Amendment, if I can't have fully automatic guns that have absolutely no legal use except to own and look at them then only criminals will have weapons and they will walk all over me and my familiy who can't defend themselves" bent, why is it so many people are of that view but seem to be against Freedom of Speech and Religion and against Seperation of Church and State?

Oh, and given that the 2nd Amendment doesn't specify guns, but rather says "arms" in general, why am I not allowed to carry around nerve gas canisters and nuclear warheads? They are arms. :p

And why, without trying anything that would make me a "dangerous terrorist and enemy combatant" for a second, why can I not walk down the street with a katana, arming sword, or other melee weapon slung at my side? :)

Guarantee you if you walk down a street looking like you're armed to fight the roman legions you'll be stopped and probably jailed for some charge... likely disturbing the peace... :p

As for Arcanum, I don't think there should be cars, but rather more fantastical tech transportation. Mechanized horses, gyrocopters, maybe even things that are very car-like, but no model-Ts. Some sort of magical beast to be ridden for the mages, perhaps?

7. JustaFishInaJar

JustaFishInaJar New Member

I feel I must help Sleek Jeek out with all this gravedigging and say..... THIS THREAD IS DEAD. D.E.A.D. Your talking to nobody, you hear that NOBODY. But hey at least it wasnt DM Bane this time but some other stupid newbie

8. jskadiang

jskadiang New Member

Are u kidding?
    Arcanum 2 should be around the times of arcanum 1 maybe a few years l8er at the most. i agree there should be a huge range of new items but dont u think robotic horses is a bit stupid???? :/ i mean cmon guys arcanum 1's realism was amazing i dont wan;t no 2 to wreck it :-( horses would be great but not robotic. you could have that horse armor stuff though to make em look robotic :)

9. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

<reads the above conversation>

GOD DAMMIT!!!!

WHERE THE FUCK WAS I WHEN THIS WAS GOING ON????

Fuck. Oh well, in conclusion Bowling for columbine is a good movie.

I don't believe in taking everyone's guns away, but we should make handguns illegal, crime would STOP if there were no handguns. Have you ever seen someone get carjacked with a bolt action hunting rifle? NO. End of story. Theres no easy way to conceal it. I'm a firm beliver in mace and stun guns for protection on the street, its incapacitating, and non-lethal. For protection of the home I think anyone thats listened to loveline probably agrees with Adam Corola's home protection system:

10. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

My god. That was likely one of your most ignorant pieces of leftist bullshit in months. First of all, blaming violent crime on handguns alone is utter ignorance and idiocy, and you know it. By your reasoning, there would be no crime before handguns. Oh wait, but that's not true. In Texas, a few years ago, they enacted a legalized concealed carry law. What happened? Handgun violence went up...for a few weeks. Subsequently, it went drastically down. Who's going to attack the business man when he might have a Desert Eagle under his suit coat? Not the average jackass after a quick buck, that's who. Crime will always be with us. Back in Ancient Rome, there was a very high crime rate, and they didn't have firearms. What now, bitch?

On a different note, why aren't we allowed to carry melee weapons in public here in America? I can't carry a katana on my back, which definitely causes me psychological anguish. But I am allowed to cary my jo staff with me wherever I go, including Binghamton University campus. I doubt if any RA could convince the University Police that a 48-inch poplar dowel is actually a lethal weapon, although they might change their minds if they saw how I can make that baby move. Therefore, I am allowed to keep it in my room, but the eight-inch hunting knife in my top drawer would be confiscated and judicial action would be taken against me if the same RA knew it's existence. I guaruntee you I could cause a hell of alot more damage and mayhem with my staff than my hunting knife. What's more scary, eight inches of sharpened steel, or forty-eight inches of whirling, skull-crushing poplar wood?

11. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Listen Killik, I was exagerating when I said crime would stop, but like I said, Handguns are not made for shooting deer, Tech 9's are not for sport. You're staff might be a lethal weapon in your hands, but in mine its just a walking stick. A stapler could be used to bash in someone's skull, but that is not its original intention, its just an unorthodox way of killing someone, you just carry around your preffereed obscure piece of lethal furniture. Handguns are meant for close range combat, there should be a census taken comparing cars stolen by men carrying hunting rifles, vs. deer killed with handguns per year. Do you get my point now? Its not about protecting yourself. The way you make it sound everyone in Texas lives in constant fear of confrontation, I'd be afraid to have this argument with you because you could be carrying a glock in your underpants. If you remove the handguns, then there is no reason to fear them. When a convenience store clerk sees someone walking in with a holstered .357 magnum he tenses up, but doesnt sound the alarm because he is unsure of the man's intention. If he sees someone running in with a shtgun, or hunting rifle I think its pretty clear that something is wrong. (unless of course its hunting season, but thats besides the point)

Handguns as a form of sport is something I can agree with, but personally I think you should only be able to obtain modified handguns that are only capable of carrying one bullet at a time. The same way you can only obtain semi-automatic assault rifles.

You call me ignorant, but I'm not the one arguing that putting more handguns into society is going to make anything safer. If "guns don't kill people, People kill people" then how does it make sense to make it easier for all these people to carry around concealed weapons?

12. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

Dude, do you know how easy it is to obtain illegal arms? GUN CONTROL DOES NOT WORK! I am not a criminal, and I know at least five ways I could get my hands on three or four fully automatic assault rifles, six handguns, several blocks of C-4, and as many hand grenades as I wanted. How much more those who know underworld contacts and additional (I only have one) corrupt Army personnel? My Army contact has already given me a 15-round (illegal) M-16 magazine, and several AK-47 mags and even a belt of empty 7.62 bullet casings. While none of these items are going to do anyone any harm (at least no more than a stapler, computer speaker, 5-lb disk wieght, or any other improvised weapon), I could just as easily get an M4 from him. Why haven't I? Now that I think about it, I'm not sure. I'll have to look into that soon. Anyway, the point is, if you "remove" handguns, all that will mean is that the average citizen (who needs the weapon) will not be able to buy one from the local gun store or pawn shop. But the average criminal will be able to get them as easily as you can obtain condoms. Has drug control worked? No.

By the way, good call with the "Killik" comment, even though you mispelled it and Kilik wields a bo, not a jo. The difference is about a foot or more of length. But I did laugh, and it reminded me of why I can't hate you.

13. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

All the guns used at the Columbine "massacre" were stolen from people who had obtained them legally.

14. omniraptor

omniraptor New Member

If it were to me, what type of transport there is gonna be then I where unicorns, horses , tiger/lion type beast , dragons , the train idea in the beginning of this topic, for the techs a robot type such in mechwarrior

15. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

What's your point? Stealing a gun is still obtaining it illegally.

16. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

I believe his point is that, had those guns not been available legally, they would not have found their way into criminal hands. Any availability of guns, legal or no, increases the number that fall, in the end, into the hands of criminals.

Our Host!