Town/World Map option for Arcanum 2?

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Eternal Dreamer, Nov 12, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Eternal Dreamer

Eternal Dreamer New Member

I don't know about some of you, but there were times when I was exploring certain areas that I wished Arcanum had the kind of Town/World map that the Fallout series has. That way when you enter a given city or multi-level dungeon, you can go to the level/quarter you've explored already.

There were several places in Arcanum 1 where this could have saved some time such as The Black Mountain Clan, The Vendigroth Ruins, The Wheel Clan, Caladon, Ashbury, etc. I must say that the subway system in Tarant was nice as long as your character wasn't too magickly oriented. Anyway, just an idea... :)

2. xento

xento New Member

Yes, I agree that it should bookmark the main areas of town. Also, yes, it would be nice if it would also bookmark all the known locations so it would defaultly take you there with a button click. However, I didn't like the subway much. It was expensive if you used it all the time.

3. Drugar

Drugar New Member

Those things cost money? Wow...

Anyway, I agree, running around town for hours just because a few things are not so close to eachother, or you just have to be in town to buy something at that one shop (Mithril in Wheel Clan) is quite irritating if you have to walk for several minutes, just to arrive at the place.

Good point!

4. xento

xento New Member

I was highly disappointed at how Tarant was built. The sewers are in the middle of the street. How dumb is that? Sometimes, I would accidently throw somthing out into the sewer water, and I just could never get it again. Also, it was very hard to access some areas of Tarant because the sewers were in the way, and you had to take a specific route.

5. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

No, the MANHOLES were in the middle of the street. Don't venture outside too often, do you, nbrosz? That's the way sewers are built. Below the street. Manholes in the middle of the street. Not that hard to keep track of.

6. starchybean

starchybean New Member

Oh my!

But, yeah, I agree, Tarant is crap. The city was too spread out... I liked how all the warehouses were organized together, but, the same plan needed to be done with the residential and commercial buildings... It would be nice to have some bookmarks between spots on a map, but what if something useful to the plot was supposed to happen on the way? How would that work?

Our Host!