To those of you making Arcanum 2.

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Dark Elf, Sep 10, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Alright, so it's been standard fare at this particular section of the forum for people to blow and whistle about their upcoming and unfailingly ambitious unofficial sequel to Arcanum. Now, I'd congratulate a fanmade Arcanum 2 as much as anyone else here, but there are a few things I'd like the budding game developer to be aware of.

1) Don't claim anything you can't back up. We've had our fair share of instances with people who've claimed that the completion of Arcanum 2 was just behind the corner, along with detailed descriptions of the features in the game. When asked for screenshots or other means of evidence, silence and procrastination has always been the answer. Understandably, we've grown somewhat tired of the huge projects that tend to be announced in here on a regular basis.

2) Arguably, the best way to not be sorted into category 2) is to make your own website. It provides credibility, and if your attempt to create Arcanum's sequel is anywhere near serious you'll want one anyway. A forum to organize and discuss work, a screenshot gallery and regular newsposts are quite necessary if you wish to create publicity, attract talent to your project and receive feedback.

3) Establish a presence at a few select forums. This pretty much ties in to what I wrote in 2). You want attention, you want feedback, you may need people to do some work for you. Announcements at RPG dedicated forums is therefore a very good idea. This place, and the Codex are good places to start at.

Over and out

Dark Elf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!