Thoughts on the demo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Srekel, May 10, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Bad Buck

Bad Buck New Member

Well i cant understand how gettin out of tarant isnt an embuggerance if gettin out of shrouded hills is?

2. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

hehe, well it seems that to the east shrouded hills reaches pretty far before it goes into world map status, unilike to the south, or west.

in tarant you can escape in two directions(if i remember this correct) and as the town is pretty compressed its not much bigger then shrouded hills when it comes to restrictions in the world map.

also, as i found in the beta, you often do stuff in tarant, so you can plan a little, and do the stuff close to the exit last.

3. Bad Buck

Bad Buck New Member

well except for ya first few times there when ya dont know where ya are goin?
    :lol:

4. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

well on the first time there i doubt that you will rush out stat! well as long as you don't get one of the first quests you can find that brings you outside the town offcourse.

5. omnipotent_256

omnipotent_256 New Member

or if you get into a "discussion" with a rather tough individual who doesnt lie you all that much, hates you infact..

6. ratster

ratster New Member

Yeah, pretty much what Monkey said. If they allowed you to go to world map travel from anywhere, it would unbalance things, you would also have the potential to miss a lot, which would be bad for newbies.

You can't have it both ways really. While it would save time, it's not really possible with the game engine while allowing town maps.

Obviously you don't have to have town maps, the whole thing could have been done at the world map level, but it would have been strange to suddenly go from deep inside a dungeon to the outside worldmap, rather jarring.

Its still the best system I've seen for any CRPG, with the equivalent graphics.

As to SH, depending on where you are in town, go north or south young man, its the fastest way out of town(to the world map), unless your really close to the eastern or western(bridge) edges.

Our Host!