This whole post is a load of spam

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Wolf, Jan 14, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Well, maybe not. I'm under the impression that Stone Throw's damage is adjusted by your strength.Cananyone verify it? If so, does Ma also aply?

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Sorry Wolf, but spontaneously I would say that you're wrong. The norm for any spell in Arcanum would be that the magickal aptitude determines the power and effiency of any spell effect, and nothing else.

In any case, MA should still apply. :)

How come that you're under that impression anyway?

3. Wolf

Wolf New Member

I had the SoE spell on and I killed an ailing wolf in one shot, but when I took it off it took to ST's. Must be some factor I didn't take into account. Anyway, I have another question. Are healing spells affected by the caster's MA? Damn that my last post was crawling with typos.

4. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

5. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

SPELLS are affected by MA. It doesn't matter what kind, they are affected by them, with very few exceptions. AoF, Disarm, and SoE are the only ones that come to mind. Well VoA and BoW, and the wall spells too.

6. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    You forgot about teleport :p

And Magelock. And hasten. And Tempus Fugit. And Halt Poison. And Spatial Distortion. And, I believe, Sanctuary. And possibly a whole lot more.

And it's PoW, not BoW. And damn, I like to use "and".

Basically, you could say that all spells that affect a value of something (with the exception of the stat-raisers) are MA-dependant. So, everything that damages or heals something gets more powerful the higher the MA. Other than that, Unlocking Cantrip needs high MA to open complex locks, and the enchantment spells probably need high MA to function properly, although I'm not sure about this, never played an enchanter.

There should be a table for this, what MA does and what calculations are being made.

Our Host!