Things That Piss Me Off: A Compendium

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Canis, Oct 8, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

hhhh, if i ever have to write a descriptive essay of my pet for my composition class i'll post it here, but lately i dont really have the urge... sorry, i'll post a picture if someone will uload it for me...

blinky, go to another state if its so hard to get a dog in new york. who needs a pure breed anyway? all the dogs i've ever had were muts and they all had wonderful personalities.my dog is sitting next to me right now because he wants me to get off of the computer and throw a frisbee for him or something. my family rescued our dog from apound in Las Angeles and it only cost 200 dollars. There will always be a market for pure breeds, why not rescue an animal that would be destroyed otherwise?

2. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

That is an excellent idea, I can get over to the North Shore Animal League this week, hopefully. No, but you misunderstand. The dogs just under a 2 grand aren't pure. Those are mutts dude! Shit gets expensive in NYC. The 7,000 buck dog was in Manhattan, but even out here in Queens/Brooklyn it's really expensive.

Yea, I know these big breeder dogs are trouble, but I still think this thing was absolutely beautiful. It wasn't at a show I saw this, it belongs to a guy in my area. Not sure exactly where he lives, but I see him walking it on occasion. I don't particularly like black dogs. It get's really hot in the summer here, and all the black dogs get dehydrated. IT WAS AWFUL. This one dumb ass was jogging with a bulldog in 100 degree weather over the summer! Bulldogs shouldn't even be out in 100 degrees, let alone running. The thing died in the park a few blocks from my house, it was awful. Stupid bastard!

EDIT: OMG Icairus, I just saw your sig, that's great, I remember when Canis said that. I feel all old now too! That's the only real reason I'm saying any of this, it makes me feel like a regular, even though now I'm sure I just look like a douche.

3. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Egads! Sleek has a good point! Mutts are good.

However, if you decide to get a purebred, Great pyrenees are the way to go. Why? Because they are exceptionally cool dogs and nearly guaranteed to have hip problems late in their life.
    Newfoundlands are equally fantastic.

4. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Good lookin' dog, Canis. Lemme tell you all a love story, if you'll allow me. Since we're talkin' about dogs......

We (my family) have had a lot of dogs in our life. None have ever compared to the first great dog in my life. Susie. Laugh at the name, if you must. She was a beautiful full-blooded Doberman Pinscher. We never bobbed her tail, or clipped her tail, so she didn't really look all that much like a Doberman.

This dog defined the word loyal. And it's a damn shame I was too young to really appreciate her. Only now that I'm older do I really realize what I had. We got her when I was about eight, and I guess she lived till I was about 13-14. Heartworms. Bane of every dog in the South. If you don't have your dog on a heartworm preventative, they have heartworms. Period. Anyway... Susie was never far behind me when I rode off on my bike. Even as she got older, and started lagging behind, I think she would have caused her heart to explode before she would let me or my sisters out of her sight. She held off a snake when I was about 10. My younger sis almost stumbled on the snake, but Susie spotted it first, and got between them and raised hell till the Dad came out with the 12 guage.

Anyway, we've had a lotta dogs since, but none compared.

Until I got married, and got a German Sheperd. Got him at 12 weeks, and he's 9 months now. This dog is beautiful. He's a little more hyper than Susie was, but just as damn loyal. (And guys, when I say loyal, I just mean that they can't love me enough, and they have hearts the size of Texas. When he was about 4 months old, he jumped in a creek to follow me across, (I had stepped over it). Current was so strong, he was swimming towards me, but moving downstream at the same time. Heh. Loyal, and stupid as a post.

Anyway.... Thanks for reading. Or not. Here's to Susie. Maybe when my life is flashing before my eyes, maybe it will slow down just a little around the time we had her, and I can just see myself pet her, scratch her head, and look into those big brown eyes one more time.

3, count em, 3 cookies will be given by me, upon answer to the following riddle. "If rabbits be not rodents, by what name are they called?" Tick-tock, mutherphuckers. 3 cookies at stake.

5. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

6. Aries Shion

Aries Shion New Member

FF6

MUGU, MUGU? :D

7. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

I hereby withdraw my offer of cookies. Sleek will NOT recieve cookies.

Oh, and that's why you're not very liked sleek. Your answer to my post was very 12 year old like, what with the DUH and all. Read your post again, and think how icy-cold that knife is that plunges into your insides when you think you've said something cool or smart or witty only to hear the scream of the wind whipping past the ice-cold sharpness of the blade plunging towards your warm, beating heart. The blade that is the word "DUH". Wipe the snot off your upper lip, and talk in the big-boy voice, mmmkaaay???

Anyway, Canis, how old was your Sheperd before his/her ears stood up fully? Champ, (my pup) still has floppy ears. They perk off his head, but halfway up, they fold over in front. I'm scared that they won't stand up at this point without taping, or someother bullshit like that. What do you say/think?

8. Canis

Canis New Member

DAMMIT, I wanted to see Retard give Sleek a cookie. Life is full of disappointments. I'm still waiting for those pictures of Xento's dick piercing....

Anyway, Captain Skanky Pants Sir (that reminds me, isn't Most Extreme Elimination Challenge on tonight? Woo-hoo!), actually I didn't get my GSD until she was two years old. A couple down the street from me are breeders and they imported her and her siblings from Germany and then decided they didn't want to use her, and the guy just GAVE her to me. $2000+ dog, just gave her to me. Actually, he'd been trying to get her a new home for several months but people kept returning her because they couldn't handle her. No wonder: his dogs aren't pets, they're puppy machines who live in cages in his yard. She didn't know anything when I got her. ANYTHING. No sit, no stay, no come, not even her name. It was like having a wild beast around the house. Human language was a meaningless background noise to her. She'd jump up on the kitchen counters and walk along the top of the back of the couch like a cat. The people who had her right before me got so frustrated they tried to get her to behave by depriving her of food, so when I got her she was 12 pounds underweight! Anyway, she's five now and she's the perfect pet, and has even excelled in Schutzhund. She has a boyfriend, two kittens, and two bunnies, her own wading pool, and can even pull me around town on my skates without killing me. And yeah, she knows her name too.

Oh, right, the ears. How old is he? Nine months? That's a little unusual. Typically if the ears don't stand by five months it's recommended you see a vet and discuss taping, which lasts like four weeks. Is he a purebred? American or German bloodline? I don't suppose you've heard of any of his relatives having ear problems? Well anyway, I've seen a lot of Shepherds with slightly floppy ears like that and personally I think it's adorable, but I certainly understand your concern. You might want to ask your vet about it if you really had your heart set on strong upright ears.

9. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Alright, who else is deathly afraid of retard right now?

Um, can we call them bunnies?

So, I've only had one dog, even though I absolutely love them. She was a big sheperd. It's a shame, she got sent to a 'farm' when I was like 7.

10. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

You're right, i guess it was a little icy cold and immature, i guess my subconscious is still clinging to my recently lost youth.

Couldnt i just have a cracker instead? I mean i did answer the question, so be a sport and give baby something to put in his mouth so he'll stop whining (or at least suffocate trying to whine and chew at the same time). :D

11. Settler

Settler Member

Hey, where has Xento been for the last few months? Has Father Brosz been getting all despot again?

12. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Yeah, Xento haven't been posting for like a month now. Same goes for Ferret. How shall I live on without my favourite little furry friend? :cry:

Talking about furry friends - I've had to say goodbye to two very close friends this summer and autumn. Two of the absolutely lovliest dogs on earth. I still feel like shit sometimes, though I find salvation in the fact that we've got a little german shepherd puppy now. He's going to become a damn fine dog, I can assure you that. :)

13. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

As to the topic of not needing a purebred I am very torn(or at least see both sides) having grown up on a farm.

I believe that a dog that is just a 'pet' is a worthless mutt. Any dog should have its purpose first and be a pet second. Dogs are bred as workers, helpers, teamsters, and 'soldiers.' Every dog should have its initial duty/job/purpose, and then be a "friend" last. Case in point are bird dogs(which I call hunting dogs) they are bred for a purpose and should be properly trained and treated as such, and then befriended. Examples of dogs no longer serving their intended purpose(for the most part in general) due to fashion, status, politics, and human emotion:

Dalmatians - personal guard dogs(sort of honor guard)

'Farm' dogs - Blue-Heelers, Collies, German Shepherds, Border Collies

Hunting dogs - Spaniels, Terriers, Pointers, Setters, Retrievers, Greyhounds(Whippets are the true-bred racers)

Yet I do thouroughly love and enjoy the companionship offered by canines I believe that a breed should be chosen with much care. Careful consideration should be taken to select the best breed for: housing, children/infants(as well as age of), age of dog, temperment, trainablity, required space, other pet(s), and time available to devote to animal. If interested please spend some time at http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/abc.htm and become educated before diving into the wonderful world of canines! :D

14. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Dude, I'm sorry but I don't need too many farming dogs in my apartment, but thanks anyway.

Dogs don't have to work! If they do fine, but they don't HAVE to. I mean, people don't have to work, look at everyone on welfare, so why do dogs. I mean, they are much less intelligent than humans, so if humans can be lazy, why can't dogs?

15. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

Sorry that I'm popping on so late, but when I saw German Shepard, I got very excited. I have three, and they are the best things ever. First of all, I wouldn't get a German one, because they tend to rip off the Americans who buy dogs from them, and they use incredibly harsh electrical shocks on their dogs. A dog from Germany that my mom got cost a fortune, and her head was always cocked from the shocks that they gave her. However, she was an amazing dog, so I guess it balances out.

One of our current shepards is from England, and she's a beautiful, smart dog. Unlike in America, where they breed shepards with horrible hips for the sake of fashion or whatever, it is considered better in England to have the straight top line. This dog, Pax, has perfect hips, and won't have as many arthritis problems as she ages. We also have her son, who is the sweetest, goofiest dog ever. He's huge, about 100 pounds and mostly black. I'll see if I can dig up a picture of him, since he's great.

16. benno the mad

benno the mad New Member

u want a farm dog get urself a kelpie, tho i suppose it's still all personal preferance. my old dog was a kelpie, but he died when he got bit by a snake.

cant beleive how expensive dogs are in the states, my sister spent US$200 on a purebreed labrador retreiver - the most expensive dog i've ever seen was a pup from a purebreed Kelpie (US$2500), and it was only that expenseive cos it was blue.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. I don't like republicans. Good call, Canis. Let's organize the CAR organization. (Citizens Against Republicans)

:lol:

18. Ron_Lugge

Ron_Lugge New Member

Humph. Then I need to form CACAR - Citizens against CAR.

19. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I think republicans do a decent enough job at a local level. Their ideologs is pretty good for mayors, or school board members. They just seem to be too closeminded to perform well at any government position. They focus very well on local problems, and they solve them very quickly, but when you are in the senate and you need to negotiate with other senators whose states and situations are 3,000 miles away, then you need to take a much more open mind than the average conservative does, at least the average conservative that I'VE seen. I like democrats in most jobs that involve dealing with people unlike you. Not to generalize, like I've done in most of this post, but democrats have always struck me as more tolerant of differances.

20. Canis

Canis New Member

I'm sorry, I've had way too much experience with crazy school boards who think creationism is a science, or want to put prayer or other religious expression back in the school, to agree with you. Here in Burbank we even had a problem with the city council starting every meeting with the Lord's Prayer until the JDL sued them. (Go JDL!!! :D ) They're all nutters.

What is it about conservative ideology that makes you think it suited to local government?

Our Host!