Thieves Rule!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Bane, Jul 10, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Bane

Bane New Member

This is one aspect of the game that makes money grubbing in Arcanum a little too easy!
    Most of you probably already know that if you picklock some merchant's chest u can flick his stuff and re-sell them back to him.
    But I'm not sure if anyone knows but this trick can also be used to identify items.

Jes put your unidentified shit inside the chest and ask the merchant to trade. The merchant will identify it for you! You save 100 coins and get a nifty item to use!

Oh I had a little question here,

Why can't the Lesser potions of healing work on me? Everytime I use them a puff pf smoke just poofs on my character but no healing.
    Btw I'm a techo-halfelf if thats any consideration.

2. Bane

Bane New Member

shadow

Oh yeah Im really sorry if this is a watchacallit,.. a spoiler? or anything. When can I change my stupid railroad spike picture?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Once u are into Tech

I think Magic potions and spells will be less effective when ur neddle goes higher towards the Tech side....

4. xavier

xavier New Member

The money hasn't been made too easy to obtain, it's been made easy enough. I've allways hated the games where you need to hike the wilderness for hours and hours just to get that armor.

The pickpocket skill is something even non-thief craracters could consider, since you get a lot of tips from people just by stealing notes and stuff like that from their pockets.

5. Bane

Bane New Member

Pickpocketing vs Lockpicking

Pickpocketing isn't really useful (to me) bcos

If you want cash, pick pocketing only gets so muuch cash from someone.. and chests and barrels still require lock picking.

getting quest clues thru pickpocketing is a useful way to avoid confrontations but its seldom used. I'd rather just shoot him!

6. xavier

xavier New Member

You dont really need to picklock anything, if you have the key. Pickpocket the key. Open the barrel/chest/door to untold tresures. Of course, picking locks is useful as well :wink:

7. Bane

Bane New Member

Duh...

Hoho Xavier we both have Maces!..

8. Jubei_TRZ

Jubei_TRZ New Member

Very often there's no key. So both are highly
    recommended. Ofcourse you could just slaughter everyone and smash everything to get the things you need but one will find it very hard to sell stuff to corpses.

Our Host!