They broke up, but can't move on.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grossenschwamm, Sep 26, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Meh. My experience wasn't extraordinary, and it was my first taste of how things can go wrong after such a sexual encounter.
    Now, if you mean you've wasted your life here...well, if you aren't who a lot of us say you are, you've not wasted much yet. Me? I'm 4 months shy of 6 years. Definitely wasted my life.
    Now, I personally don't believe it'll happen, but the rapture is calculated to occur in about 10 days, the date elucidated by Bible Maths, a.k.a. adding up all of the prominent biblical figures' ages, taking that one part of the bible where it says "One day is as 1000 years, and 1000 years is as one day..." according to God. Think it's in Ezekiel, but what do I know?
    Also, something in particular about the date of the flood corresponding exactly to the date of May 21st of this year (the Judgement), followed by 5 months of "suffering", at which point the date will be 10/21/11, and the Rapture will occur and the saved will be spirited to heaven, while everyone else will be stung by swarms of supernaturally endowed locusts and the universe will end. So, don't worry. It'll all be over soon.

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

So I won't get to watch the "The Thing" prequel? Not cool, man, not cool at all.

3. Xyle

Xyle Member

: shakes head : The very act of someone predicting (not you gross, the prediction didn't originate with you) the rapture's timing is a sure indication that this is a person who you shouldn't be listening to. Now, should we be listening to those that listen to those who we believe that we shouldn't be listening to? I think it depends on the topic, because not everything the secondary thinks comes from the one who you are trying not to listen to. But either way, we will still encounter "knowledge" that comes from sources we shouldn't be listening to because it's all interconnected.

Your Death: it's not the end of THE world, just YOUR world.

I think people should worry more about dying than the rapture. In fact, I think the predicting the rapture serves the adversary by getting the good to do nothing.

4. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

I always thought the adversary was a pretty cool name for the Devil.

5. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Everyone should read Lucifer by DC Comics. Best fucking comic out there.

6. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

7. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

'Nuff said.

8. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

From Fables?

9. Xyle

Xyle Member

It's what the word "Devil" translates as (but I am not sure from which language). Using it simplifies matters (e.g. Removes the question of Personification).

10. Jojobobo

No actually I thought that because it's used a lot in the Belial's Brood Vampire: the Requiem book; though you and Dark Elf have highlighted the fact I need to get round to reading some more good DC comics other than Batman.

I always thought the evil you can put a face to is less powerful than one you can't; if you personify something then you're quantifying it, if something is unquantifiable then its malavolent power must be almost limitless. But hey, if Christians want to exalt the Devil's power by calling him the adversary that's fine by me.

11. Xyle

Xyle Member

"Evil lurks in the heart of men." -- The Shadow (... I think).

The world is corrupt, and growing more so as prophecied by Scripture. Evil personified removes personal responsiblity from us by creating the illusion that the adversary doesn't live within our hearts. Therefore the adversary's power isn't limited to just his own. It is in union with every human whose heart doesn't belong to God. BUT in greater measure, do I measure my own Power for it is in union with God the Creator, therefore it doesn't matter how much power the Devil has: It is finite while my God's power is infinite. One billion is still less than infinity.

"This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh." (Galatians 5:16) The trick with being in union with God, or rather to "Walking in the Spirit", is to get up and resume walking after you trip and fall.

12. Jojobobo

My heart doesn't belong to God, so therefore I guess it's in league with the Devil. So are the hearts of billions of moral Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs, Jews, Buddists and even Rastas who live in the world.

13. wayne-scales

wayne-scales Well-Known Member

Anyone else have mindspeak-sex with Xyle's bitch, lately? Much more graphic than phone-sex, and she is one dirty, kinky whore.

14. Jojobobo

All I can say is wayne you have serious problems, what you just mindspoke to me then was some crazy-ass shit!

15. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

CAN YOU PEOPLE SHUT UP!

All this mindspeak shouting is giving me an headache, AND NO! I DON*T WANT TUBGIRLS IN MY HEAD WAYNE!

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3MLp7YNTznE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3MLp7YNTznE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

16. Smuelissim0

Smuelissim0 New Member

No it isn't. It's growing more civilized. War is down. Violent crime is down. Education levels are up. Scripture got it wrong, as usual.

17. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

"Man will always do stuff because that's how human works."

This prediction will turn out to be true, ergo I'm a prophet of God. Obey me.

18. Xyle

Xyle Member

War is moral and Civility is immoral. Knowledge is power & power corrupts. Civility, peace and education are measures of prosperity. Spirituality is about being above base desires. Prosperity is about fulfilling them. Yes, it is a good thing to live in a nation with every belly is full, the threat of pre-mature death removed and people treat each other with civility. But it also makes for a selfish, self-centered nation made up of citizens that are over-weight and irresponsible.

War is moral: Did you know that the United Nations was founded upon the alliance that defeated the Axis powers of WWII? Imagine if the world continued in the dogma that war is immoral. Even the pacifist Albert Einstein changed his tune for the duration of WWII, but let's assume that he and others didn't and the politicians heeded these pacifists. The world would have been united under Nazi Germany. War is moral, just like the hammer used to build a house is moral, but that doesn't mean that either can't be used for immoral purposes.

Civility is immoral: Civility is Lying and the demanding that others lie. Civility has created a work environment in which innocence is construed as harassment and the freedom of speech cannot be exercised. And the list continues to grow.

19. wayne-scales

wayne-scales Well-Known Member

20. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Take it from a woman who's children have square heads.

Our Host!