The Tempter of Fate

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by rroyo, Nov 15, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

But jacking up the price that much would make you be able to buy what, 1-2 points per entire game?

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I don't have a stance on the whole Tempter thingy issue (mostly because I didn't see it in action, yet), but I just wanted to drop a hint that replacing the "x100" factor with a "x10" one would change the amount of possible points in a normal game from "1-2" to "10-20", more or less. 10'000 for buying, 7'500 for selling. Sounds reasonable.

3. Darkform

Darkform New Member

to Muro:sounds good that would have cut down the amount I could have got the first time I stumbled on him to about 5-7 points instead of 50-70.

to Mete: sometimes I forget some people don't collect as much gold as I do when I play but on avarage I have over 50K gold after my first visit to Tarrant and that includes buying all 6 high priced gems witch was just a drop in the bucket for the gold I had on hand.

for those that want high gold but don't have goldmakeing skills because you put all your skill in combat well:
    view the Gypsys inventory with barter once a day for 10 or more days I tend to make a day pass everytime I'm away from the shops so the invitorys reset myself and tend to walk tru town about 10 times before I start to leave.). and when you start to leave just kill her and all the gold added up each day that moved from her shop inventory to her personal inventory adds to a very large sum.

4. Oracle

Oracle Member

I visited the templer of fate location but there isn't anything I can do...

No one to be seen. I get the feeling it isn't working probably in my case. (mainly I had to do some tooling around to get your mod to work)

I see some can table/altar which I cannot click on?

when working probably, what should I see? (the templat I suspect?)

5. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

6. Oracle

Oracle Member

Yea, it's pretty much empty in my situation.

just running winXp here.

I should actually re-install Arcanum before installing WIP6.0 however I can't atm.

So with some fooling around I got WIP6.0 working, I expected some errors here and there.

7. Alessandro_Monti

Alessandro_Monti New Member

No, Windows 7 is not the issue, at least in my case. I'm running Arcanum: WIP on it and the Tempter of Fate is there.

8. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Did you have to do any compatability adjusting - like you do with Vista - or did Arcanum and my hack work as-is?

9. Alessandro_Monti

Alessandro_Monti New Member

No, neither the original Arcanum, nor the WIP needed compatibility mode adjustment. I don't remember playing Arcanum under Vista, but I do remember never needing to change the compatibility mode.

10. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

That's very good to hear. Thank you.

11. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

I support the jacking-up-the-price idea. If players want to use the Tempter, let them. It's not like they have to just beacuse he's there.

12. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Kind of like the Ristezze cheat, huh?

This would be the easiest to implement and would provide a workable offset whether or not I do go with the post-Vendigroth toggling.

Alright - I'll start by resetting the prices to 10,000 to buy and 7,500 to sell and see if the players still think it's too easy of a cheat. I can always bump up the prices some more if needed.

When I get near the end of the build, I'll take a fresh look at the Tempter and the posted comments about him and decide if the last-minute notification is needed or would enhance game-play.

Our Host!