The Return of a Lord

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Maximus, Oct 28, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Don't tell us what to do, wyrm!

The audacity of this man! Though, he's probably unused to thinking of people outside of himself as a group.
    The voices don't tell him to clean himself much...
    Walking deeper into the cavern, there were more and more torches fixed to the walls, and it seemed as though they were guiding Gross toward his own little niche underground.
    As you may notice, the torches on the walls are guiding each of you toward a particular area. None of you can see another's torches, and that rule applies to me as well. You may see yourself to your accomodations. There's plenty of food and drink waiting for you, should you feel the need.
    Good...and no townspeople will interrupt my meal?
    Oh, no. None of the people outside of my lord's manor know of the caverns.
    Excellent. There may be an up side to all of this after all.

2. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Vyenna was a bit taken aback by Voraks mention of her disability. Most people had learnt not to make mention of it. She proceeded to respond with the usual:

My 'disability' is none of yer bloody business! As for secrecy, while costing extra, can be assured.

3. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Eyeing the woman he began a new evaluation, clearly vanity wasn't one of her weaknesses, but there was always greed.

Very well, lets say I double your price would that guarentee your silence?

As he let that statement sink in Vorak began to reveal a little more of his plan.

Miss, as I am sure that you are doubtless aware, technology has leaped forward at an amazing rate these past few decades and feats that were once impossible are now quite within the realms of possibility.

As my associate would have made you aware, cost is not an issue on this project. This is because I stand to gain quite a deal of gold as the direct result of it.

You see, I'm in the mining business, I reopen old shafts that previosly were to deep or contained stone to hard to dig through and collect ore that previously was beyond reach. In this particiular case I have heard of a mine which holds very rich deposits of iron, but unfortunately it has completely collapsed. The mountain in which this mine is located consisted of a high grade granite which my usual tools cannot penetrate, so I am in need of a new type of mining device which I'm hoping you can design and build for me.

4. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Such a device can be built, yes. It won't be cheap, and it'll take some time, but I can promise you outsanding quality.

I will need to see the actual mine before I start designing anything, though. Maybe something can be arranged tomorrow? In either case, I must be getting home soon.

5. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

....Well....yes I can have you taken up to the mine tomorrow, but it will take several days to get there and several days to come back and we'll have to get through that skeleton army.

Would we have to come back here once we set out?

6. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

I see, the mine is on the other side of the skeleton army. That might prove a bit difficult then. Unless of course, you have some sort of plan? You know... I'f you'd need any help, I'm always available... For the right amount of coin.

7. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Wolfsbane ventured further into what seemed to be his personal cavern. He was beginning to wonder wether he'd ever get there, when he finally found the door leading to his quarters. Funnily enough, he recognized it from somewhere.
    He grasped the handle, and entered.

Blue light filled the room with it's soft, cold shine. The walls had turned from bare rock to exquisite marble, and all was pale. Wolfsbane shut the door carefully behind him, and stepped closer to the source of the light. His steps echoed in the large room, and the sound didn't quite ever stop.

There it was again. So pale, so perfect. So beautiful.
    His masters treasure. The secret of the mountain. The source of the power. Wolfsbane streched his arm towards it, and touched it.

It felt like nothing he'd ever felt before.

8. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

As Grossenschwaum approached his room, he smelled something familiar.
    He came upon the chamber door, which was actually large enough that he needn't attempt to slither though it.
    Pushing the door open, he was struck by a brilliant light, as if it was suddenly daylight inside the cavern.
    So bright...just like my home before the catacombs near Burgundy. And the smell...The sulphuric air of a volcano!
    Though he knew it was all an illusion (probably a spell that brought out pleasant memories), Gross felt at ease. He saw a pen full of various types of livestock, and wondered which he should try first. However, as hungry as he was, he was simply so relaxed in the room that he felt a proper nap was in order. So, he simply closed his eyes...

9. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Wolfsbane stood still for some time and just stroke the gem before him. It was so... Soft, in a way. Like a gentle breeze in the morning. Then, in the midst of his euphoria, his stomach reminded him of itself, and he quit stroking his masters treasure and tried to spot some food.
    Luckily for him, he thought, the room he was in had a second door, leading to another area.
    He opened the door, and entered.
    The room was as big as the former room, but it was not filled with blue light, nor did it have a gem inside. On the contrary, the room was filled with the delicate smell of as much food as you will never be able to eat by yourself. The walls had shelves, and they were all simply full of... Food.

Wolfsbane started drooling, and aproached the nearest shelf.

Our Host!