The (Insert Gloomy Adjective Here)

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Blinky969, Sep 17, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

So, who feels like giving our rather....deceased....rp forum a swift boot to the ass, eh?

Welcome to Trell, a reasonably sized continent, fully surrounded by water, as all good controlled rpg environments are. There are five major regions on the island/continent. The north, known as the Dark Hills. While they are dark, they aren't hills, they are quite obviously extremely tall and often pointy mountains. There are rumored to be a few rich, and very fertile valleys deep inside the range, but they are hard to find. We of course, being the adventurers, will probably bump into all of them. This is where the dwarves live, although they can only claim a rather small portion of the land. The rest is well populated with monsters, outlaws, etc. Altogether a fun place to bring the family for the afternoon.

The second region is the Western Plain. A large, flat plain that contains most of the large cities on the continent. The farmland is fertile, good for growing wheat and such in the north, and more tropical produce in the south. The fishing off the coast is very good as well.

The third area is the Shining Trees. A forest in the heart of the continent. The forest is populated with elves, at least along the major trade routes. The depths of the forest are too feral even for them, possibly containing dark elves, or a large infestation of other nefarious creatures. The elven kingdoms are no real power on the continent, although if you're playing an elf from off the island, you may very well have backing.

The Southlands. Obviously, in the south. This land is rocky, and good for little else other than hiding loot and bodies. There are quite a few odd hermits and such wandering the crags and caves, but besides them and a few struggling fishing villages, nothing else.

The Highlands, they are the last region. Set in the east, they are the Alabama of the civilized world on Trell. Their livlihoods are much the same as in the west, but the soil isn't as rich, and altogether they lead poorer, more miserable lives.

In the largest human city, Drublar, there have been a rash of kidnappings in the past month. 17 abductions, all vanished with nary a trace or explaination, except one. That one a passing guard noticed two or three goblins dragging a struggling girl from her window into an alley. He tried to follow them, but they then disappeared without a trace as well. All of the victims were young, and either wealthy, or showing considerable gifts in magical power. None of them should have been easy pickings for the Goblins of the Dark Hills, who are reknowned for their idiocy more than their battle prowess. The guard feel the goblins must be receiving aid from a powerful ally.

That's where we step in. We are to meet at the mansion of the mayor of Drublar, where the guard will brief us. 10,000 gold pieces, negotiable upon conclusion, is offered to the person or persons who bring the responsible parties to justice. More details to be tendered at the meeting.

My guy is based more on dnd than Arcanum, so I can't very well begrudge you your own game formats, can I? Pick any games you want, it's not like we're actually using the game mechanics.

Jake Drouch
    Human
    24 years old.
    About his past, all people know is that he doesn't talk about it. About the present, he's a locally reknown hunter in Shining Trees. He's human, but he has held his own against elves many a time. He's a great shot with a gun, but it's hard to get your hands on one in elven country, and bullets cost too much money and effort to keep stocked. He uses a bow also, although with less skill. He could still drop a deer in one shot at 100 yards, no small feat aiming through trees. He also fights very well hand to hand with his buck knife, a nasty looking 7 inch long blade on a deer bone handle.

Three words that best describe Jake are really, doesn't, and care. He's a serious guy, and he deals with his own problems. He isn't out to get anyone, but if your looking for a soft shoulder to cry on, you're going to have to look somewhere else. He's on this job for one reason, cash. He isn't trying to save anyone or be a hero, he's trying to buy a nice winchester and have some gold to throw around a couple of bars he goes to. If he can save the kidnapped victims he will, he has no vendetta against people. But in his mind, he comes first.

He also doesn't smoke, and the only thing he chews in an odd, pink, chewy substance that one of his hedge wizard friends makes from the trees in his backyard.

2. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Damnit! Fecking spambot made me think this was new...

3. mathboy

mathboy New Member

This thread was grave dug by a spam bot.

4. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Yea, there was a long story related to this, and I don't remember it at all, so this probably shouldn't be dug.

5. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

What sucks about that, is I had a pretty well thought out character.
    I may need to stary my own RP thread just to give him life.

Our Host!