Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Jojobobo, Oct 14, 2011.
1. Hellfire medallion
2. Statue of Geshtianna
3. Ring of Virility
1. and 3. are correct. For the second however I had something else in mind.
1. Hexed helm that has no PE penalty.
2. Technological throwing weapon. Dmg: 20-40 and speed of 17
3. 2 ways of getting your hands on the Hand Cannon without schematics or buying from the shop.
Only one I know about is 2: Aerial Decapitator. Found on the old blind master in a mysterious location. He says, "I don't care WHO you are!"
Otherwise, I technically know two ways to get the hand cannon, and that'd be to either pickpocket or kill the pickpocket master in Tarant.
ah, the Jewel of Hebe of course.
Aerial Decapitator of course.
Grossenschwamm, you named one way to get the hand cannon. I think I should rephrase the hint. What I actually mean is not how to obtain it but more likely from where to obtain it. And yes, there is another place where you could obtain one.
Deman, Jewel of Hebe it is
Helmet of Yzar's Cost.
Also, the second Hand Cannon can be received from Pollock as part of a tech reward for accepting his quest.
I thought of another helmet. I guess I should be more specific. It can be found from a sarcophagus.
And Muro, you hit the spot with the Hand Cannon.
Nature's Wrath Helm, then, though a perception penalty has been added to it in an early version of the Unofficial Arcanum Patch.
I figured there would be, but I might as well work in a technicality considering the wording. I remembered there was one other place to get that gun in the game, but couldn't exactly place it.
Aerial Decapitator is not technological.
Yeah, but it's still the only thrown weapon in the game with those stats, which is how I knew what his item was.
Nature's Wrath Helm is correct. Penalty was added? I think its time to download unofficial patch. And i thought Aerial was technological. My bad.
Jojobobo, could you clarify on how you get to meet Doc Roberts at the bridge? I'm not able to replicate the part where Jacob Bens gets mad at you. I mean, he says that I've until noon next day to return with his money, but apparently he doesn't reply differently should I not make it back in time. I've the UAP installed and tried to communicate with him at a lower reaction. Still no success :cry:.
EDIT: Two new targets;
1. A single demi-liche
2. A single air elemental
I just robbed the money after noon the next day, though if I guess that doesn't work you could try waiting an extra day longer. There isn't any trick to it, and I guess if it doesn't work it might just be a random bug.
I really want to start hunting for targets again but unfortunately time constraints won't currently allow at the minute.
It never occured to me that the game might actually check if the safe gets emptied rather than when you return with the stolen loot. Seems odd, but I'll give it a try.
About the target with the two katanas; you mean the ones wielded by the two dark elves at the Elven Ruins, correct?
The dark elves at the Elven Ruins aren't wielding katanas.
Hmm, then I don’t know how these blades ended up in my inventory. From now on, I’ll try to be more observant.
This target’s location I know however. It’s K’na T’ha. This creature spawns if you hit the incorrect torches in first area.
Did you mean Dark Adder Empress? If that’s so, then this snake-like creature can also be found in K’na T’ha.
There sure are a handful of unsolved hunts scattered in this thread;
• A character with only a dagger of speed and a potion of heal lesser wounds in their inventory
• A single demi-liche
• A single air elemental
• A gnome carrying a regular staff
• A person carrying corrosive acid
• A character who drops an item after being disintegrated. I have killed the character by other means and the item is indeed in their inventory, not just conveniently beneath them or something else that may make it look like the character dropped the item upon disintegration when this actually isn't the case.
• Diseased Chain Mail
• Two Envenomed Swords, excluding the one wielded by Grunwalde in Blackroot and the one sold by the blacksmith in Stillwater
• Shield of Force
• Strong poison found on the floor
• If you want to smack someone with Torian Kel's ancestral sword or Kryggird's Falchion outside the Void (in the vanilla game) what do you do?
• Two wielded katanas
• A very rare technological potion. When used on a NPC, it summons a random wild animal (from a wolf to a forest ape) which attacks the NPC.
Cannot be bought or created. Only one copy of this item can be found the whole game world.
• Scroll of Familiar. Found rather than bought. Not the one on Harold Sumner in Tulla.
• A wielded Axe of Strength
• Like Muro's rustic finery, one fine suit with a white sprite, excluding the one worn by a generic gnome noble in Caladon.
• Two large gears in one container/on one person
• A quality iron shield found on the floor, I will mention it's hard to spot
• Two more vials of poison; excluding the three previously found at Razors Pointe, Adam Maxwell's house and Caladon's high security prison
• If you play your cards right, you should be able to collect three magic crystal balls in Madame Toussade's house. How?
• Name how you can get at least two examples of the item “Debt of Bessie Toone mine” from Stanton . Acquiring unlimited is again gold star material.
• How do you become cherished as the hero and despised as the outlaw of Shrouded Hills at the same time?
Of course, I couldn’t just make this post without adding another target.
Face off a havoc wreaking Kerghan in the land of the living (prior to the ending slide)
Requirements; an item that deals fatigue damage over time, an item that allows you to kill indirectly, fatigue replenishment, a specific follower (other than Virgil) and four spells (one of them being a shapeshifting spell).
There you have it. It’s possible going back and forth between Arcanum and the Void without the use of the debug menu.
I purposely didn't say it flat out before, in hope to cause some confusion with the former target. Two hints for this target;
- Fatigue damage has to be dealt to the living one
- "Humanoid Kerghan" has to die once while still being in the Void
There is one in Dernholm pit after you take Tollo Underhill in party to find an exit.
I was a bit dissapointed in his words "breath of death" as I expected to see there Bludgeoners, no less.
Thanks very much for the useful summary Deman, I would have done it myself but laziness got in the way! Though I'm not very active right now due to having to produce an A1 sized poster for my degree and shortly following that having my 3rd year exams (they're before Easter oddly), I will chip in when I have time available and tackle some of the targets.
Defended my engineering thesis last week. Got tons of time now, but I'm currently ironmaning Fallout 2 with an underage chick. Wish me to get fatally stabbed in the eyeball by a lucky gecko's tooth so that I may turn my interest to Arcanum.
Separate names with a comma.