The Great Adventure Discussion

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Flink, May 22, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. VerZreV

VerZreV New Member

Ups... it might take longer to arrive than i had thought, since i'm going away for half a day... do not dispair.... Ferret and Luinil will keep the story going by trecking down my camp.....

Leaving you all in desperation, while plotting my next move
    Hahahahahaha :p

VerZreV

2. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

I'm a bit confused. Are you walking back along a different path than the one Ferret and I are on? If you are, will going to find your camp mess up something you planned? We could turn back after not finding anything for a while if it would be better for your storyline. I just don't want to mess up how you planned to introduce your character to the group.

3. VerZreV

VerZreV New Member

Well, i'm going to walk into the camp now, so IF you dicide to follow the trail, even AFTER you have seen me, it's up to you....
    Either way, i'll say that i just arrived a moment ago...
    :D

I hope this isn't TOO confusing

4. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

Assuming it is okay with Ferret, I think we'll turn back upon hearing a commotion back at the camp. That of course would require a commotion to be made.

5. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Are we still on the adventure of trying to help Icairus? I mean, we haven't done anything along those lines in awhile and I was just curious. If we are branchin off that is fine by me, I would just like to know.

6. VerZreV

VerZreV New Member

As far as I understand, you are heading to Stillwater... Where you will get provisions and a map (D'oh)

I'll try to make some nice RP over this :p

7. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Yes, I knew that is what we had been plannin to do, but we haven't done anything in that direction in a while. Oh well, guess I'll just figure it out as we go :)

8. VerZreV

VerZreV New Member

I guess you have seen my post in TGA, this is where things start to get interresting :p

9. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Yes, we're heading to Stillwater where we'll rest up, reorganise and get direction for Hardin's pass as that section of our map was damaged (probably by one of the claws on Icky's wings :p ).

At the moment I'm just trying to get some character interaction by posting about our first camp together. We've still got seven full day's travel ahead of us to get to Stillwater, but the next six camps will just be mentioned in passing and we'll just focus on any major encounters if there are any I decide to throw in for the fun of it.

After this camp, the next major plot development will be our arrival in Stillwater itself.

10. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Oh, ok, thanks. Yeah, I was wonderin if all the other camps would be like this. We'd get to Stillwater in a few months :D

11. VerZreV

VerZreV New Member

Everybody? hellooooooo?... Aw fudge... everybody is running away from TGA, and why?... Is the forum REALLY that boring now, or have you all got "Lives" and not enough "Spare time" ?... I suggest that everyone in here pushes the "Notify when reply arrives" button, so that we might get some progress here... And Phoenix, thanks for trying to interact, but i'm still waiting for Miss. Snow to arrive and shake my characters hand, which went numb many days ago... :p

12. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

I'm was waitin for her to interact with you before I actually said anything to ya. Right now I'm just waitin for you to twitch in the wrong direction so I can throw a knife at ya :D . BTW, I am kinda confused about your last post, who is standing by me with his sword drawn?

13. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I'm rather cnofused as to who those two men are too. I gather one is Phoenix. Is the other one supposed to be me? If so then I suggest you reread the thread again. I'm female and I'm armed with a bow. Plus I'm the friendly sort and not likely to sneer at people I haven't even met yet.

Plus, you will have absolutely no idea that we're heading to Stillwater - especially since you wrote yourself that you only just caught up to us the night before! You wouldn't have a clue where we were headed.

Besides, I jolly well know the way to Stillwater and we're perfectly on course! Add to that, that we're only a day's walk out from Tarant so unless we headed due south or north into the river or due east into the plains then you couldn't tell if we were off course or not. :p Infact, since west leads to 3/4 of the major destinations in Arcanum we could be headed pretty well anywhere! :roll:

Help is always nice and any party of adventurers could always do with a Dwarf around, but please try not to assume things that your character would not know in the story. Like our destination and competance. :???:

Anyway, instead of editing your post, I'm posting my own reply to your apparent arrogance! :D

14. VerZreV

VerZreV New Member

Ferret, there are more than one man in the whole camp, so it might be an NPC... Secondly I might have been told about your dustanation by Mr. Armand, or even heard you talk while I sneaked about... and if stillwater is the nearest town, chances are that you're going there, right ?
    Also, my arrogance is more of the "Polite type" as I don't boss around, but I do think I'm always right...

I'll be posting shortly

VerZreV

15. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

I just wrote my return to camp and included a realization about seeing VerZreV before. VerZreV, before you go ahead with what Mr. Armand set you out to do, can you PM me?

16. Ferret

Ferret New Member

However, if you'd READ the thread then you would know that our destination was actually Hardin's pass. You wouldn't know that our map was damaged and that we are now heading to Stillwater. If anything then you would have thought that we were still heading to Hardin's pass.

Plus, as I already said, we have only just left Tarant really so we could be heading for the Wheel clan, Stillwater, Hardin's pass, the Stonecutter clan, the Black mountain mines, or indeed anywhere through Hardin's pass for all you know.

17. VerZreV

VerZreV New Member

Oh damn you Ferret!, why must you always be right!!! :roll:

Anyway, le'ts pretend that I'm either guessing, or that I have a little imp who tells me peoples thoughts :p

Anyway, I posted my reply, but everything when so fast all of the sudden, so Ragnor will have find a way to reslove all this...

18. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I've had lots of practice at being right that's why. And I'm picky. :D

Anyway, hopefully I've resolved it for you. Unless anyone else in the group has some sort of reason against you joining of course. However, if all goes well then you've just been enlisted in the group.

Don't expect to have any personal freedom though and everyone will be keeping a very close eye on you (most likely with drawn weapons) so behave yourself. You're just being brought along for the ride at the moment so don't expect to have any sort of influence in the group either.

I've also given the command to strike camp to try and get the thread moving again. If everyone can post up until we all leave then I'll write another post where Jonathon asks me to formally take over, since I know what I'm doing. :) I'll also write our next day's trip and another little encounter. Just to see how VZV handles himself when there is conflict with the group.

Since that last camp was designed so that everyone could express themselves and establish interactions, but VZV came along near the end then I think that one more camp is needed. That should be enough for everyone to express themselves towards VZV and allow VZV to integrate into the group enough and then I'll just write the rest of our journey to Stillwater in one lump. :)

19. Resident Master Vampire

Resident Master Vampire New Member

20. Ferret

Ferret New Member

It will be difficult enough to join the group right now, since we've had difficulty enough integrating VZV into the group. However, we're in need of directions once we reach Stillwater so that leaves an opportunity for you to join - you can show us the way perhaps.

Therefore if you still want to join then post your character here (please use the format I outlined in the 'Roleplaying Ettiquette and Tips' thread) and I'll look it over.

Once I've approved your character then you can start anywhere in Arcanum, provided you can be at Stillwater before early afternoon in six days time from now (thread time). We'll then meet up with you there. :)

Also, I want you to read the entire thread before you start writing anything. There is nothing worse than someone joining without a clue as to what's gone on and who everyone is. It's not very long at the moment so it'll only take you 15 minutes or so.

Our Host!