The Film

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Gavla, Oct 13, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Gavla

Gavla New Member

I guess it fits best into this forum.

If you were in charge of Arcanum : The Motion Picture, how would you go about it?
    What parts of the plot would you include?
    Who would the hero be?
    What would you emphasise?

I'd start the film with a black and white kineograph (like the game intro did!) showing a practical demonstration of the experiment described in the beginnng of the manual, with the slope, about the nature of magick and technology. This would introduce a setting, and put some emphasis on the whole magick/technology thing.
    It'd be something I emphasised, the post i made about bicycles in the other forum has got me thinking about it.
    Also, put in little things to show how technology is a little incomplete in the beginning of the film, then, when Bates admits to stealing the engine, it all falls into place.

2. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Your beginning is good. I would concentrate on Magick/Tech conflicts I think. There would have to be a lot of angry dwarfs of course. My heroine would be a half-elf thief who knows her way around and can kick any ass any day (while her ass is a sight to die for of course). She would be neither evil nor good - just minding her own business. Yep, sexy, tough, yet intelligent, humorous young brave girl. Yummy. On the other hand I'll just take the money I got to make the film, take my heroin (and her luscious, female obviously, sidekick - yes I am perverted) and off we go to Mexico.

3. xento

xento New Member

:-?

Maybe the experiment shown in the manual, which would fade into color and into a movie of the Ring of Brodgar. Suddenly, a hole of swirling blue colors would appear, and turn transparent, kinda like a one-way mirror. The camera would adjust to look into the protal, showing the ground of the Void and a few dwarves scurrying about, carrying things, and operating levers and switches. Then, the view would switch to you looking from inside the Void at the Dwarven Portal. It would start up, like at the end of Arcanum, and you would look out into Arcanum. You would then walk through the hole into Arcanum, and something related to the storyline would happen, such as a crowd cheering you as you come back into Arcanum, the dwarves following you, or, maybe, some kind of tragety, like some evil mage(s) killing the dwarves and beginning to fight you, or some technologist(s) start shooting them with guns, and the game starts with you fighting them.

4. The Chosen One

The Chosen One New Member

If I was to make this film, it would revolve around different characters around the world. For example, after the intro etc we follow the story of say an elven mage who is at that young age where she is seeking adventure (kinda like Swyft in Quintara). So we see a small part of her adventures and see the world from someone who's life revolves around Magic. ^_^

After a while the story switches to a mine and a Dwarf's son if helping his farther make gadgets but he wishes to see some of the world and follow his own path. ^_^

Then we see a halfling theif in a great city who appears your average theif (although very skilled) but infact is colloecting money for his son's life saving operation or college fund (whatever).

By change all 3 paths cross and they somehow end up travellig toegther to some higher goal etc.......go from there 3:)

Our Host!