THE END

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Quethim, Dec 3, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Well, well, well - it looked like for once someone had dragged me into something worthwhile. I'd lost relatives to those shite-eating midgets.

With a grunt, I tossed the flask back to its owner, who seemed unreasonably upset given the lack of fire in the grog I'd just knocked back. So, I was pretty amazed to hear myself mutter, "Sorry. It won't happen again," a moment later.

Fuck! It must have been the spell. I guessed me upsetting the guy must be some sort of threat to Hor-Mel. Interesting.

2. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

"My story? My story is that I was in the bar having a drink when some guy insulted me. Why can't anybody understand that? The best way to describe me would be a freelancer. I do jobs for whoever pays me the best money. That is if they don't conflict with my morals."

3. Quethim

Quethim New Member

"You know we better get going because I know they will have guards on us real soon ohh and I thought I just heard some dogs barking and I believe that they are getting closer to us"

4. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

That Dreig was on the wrong side of the law, that is, my side, came as no surprise. Although he hadn't actually mentioned any illegal activities. Hmmm.
    The gunman, Richy, had come right out and said what he was about. And my Ogre had apologized to him! Perhaps Guardian Ogres were governed by certain laws that prevented their masters from coming to harm. Laws I wasn't even aware of. Some gift of prophecy. Perhaps the Ogre felt I should keep Richy close. I didn't care anymore. I needed sleep.

Then that crazy Elf started going off about dogs and people approaching! I sprang to my feet, and became so dizzy I almost lost control of my one active spell, and my best protection for now: the Guardian Ogre.

5. Maniac

Maniac New Member

I quicly stood up and pulled out my revolver.Listening to the sounds I realised.
    "There are 10 or so men and about 20 dogs there!Let's run.The wounded go first I'll cover you."And I stood behind a large tree.

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

"Damn! How the hell did they get on our trail so quickly?"

I picked up my gear, and started moving out as fast as I could.

"Come, I know a stream nearby we can lose them in! The dogs won't be able to follow the scents, so come if you value your lives!"

I moved to the stream. I just hoped that we had enough time to get away from the damn dogs.

To Richy I said "We are heading northwest. Follow Artan's Point, and you will find us."

7. Sheriff Fatman

We apparently needed to move fast, but Hor-mel looked fit to faint. I hesitated - indecisive; I could try to carry him away or go and slow down the hunters. Well, I didn't have much of a turn of speed, and those dogs would let the hunters stay on our trail forever if we didn't do something about it. Flexing my hands, I strode in the woods in the direction of the faint barking.

8. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

I didn't know these woods at all, but Dreig seemed to have an idea of where to go.
    And my Ogre was leaving, slogging off in the direction of the dogs. I grabbed his arm.
    "Listen, I don't know what happens to Guardian Ogres when they're dispersed, but I'm going to drop this spell in ten minutes, if you haven't rejoined us by then. So time it out. In ten minutes, if I don't see you, you'll be back in your home, wherever that may be. Just keep that in mind when you face the dogs."
    I handed the ogre a small hourglass, marked in increments of minutes. I lifted it's twin, attached to a cord around my neck, from my chest and rose to my feet.
    "Ten minutes, starting...Now."
    I turned the hourglass over and tucked it into my jerkin as I followed Dreig into the woods.

9. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I walked as briskly as I could. I didn't spare the energy to talk who see who was following me - I had enough trouble keeping my arm from losing too much blood and keeping track of my equipment. I entered the stream. Damn it was cold!

I plunged northwards. After my fee had gotten nice and wet, I exited the stream, and hoped that the dogs didn't go this far upriver, or if they did that the water would conceal our scents.

I needed to make sure that Richy would be able to catch up with us later, so I started to follow Artan's Point...

10. Quethim

Quethim New Member

I walked above the trees following the half ogre and the rest.Above the trees I could hide easily and I could see the fogs and the guards.

11. Maniac

Maniac New Member

I heard the foes coming.I quickly leaped from my hideout behind another tree shooting while during the leap.Two guards down a hell more to go.I quickly reloaded my revolver.They sent their dogs towards the tree I was hiding behind and that was what just I was waiting.I pulled out my only concussion grenade,pulled out the ring and tossed it behind me.The dogs run up to the grenade and started smelling it.BOOOM!!!Half of the dogs were blood spots another half run away yelping.I had only ten bullets left!
    The guards formed a wall formation because they were scared to move in a group.They started slowly moving towards me.Ok.I pulled out a stun grenade,pulled the ring,held the grenade for a few seconds and then tossed it.BOOOM!I quickly stood up my feet and started running like a madman towards the stream.

12. Quethim

Quethim New Member

As I saw the battle I decided to attack the guards from above.I pulled out my bow and fired an arrow straight into one of the guards eyes.The guards looked around confused and then I fired another arrow.

13. Sheriff Fatman

Hor-mel had just put he timer in my hands when the row kicked off. I couldn't understand how they had got to us so fast - a minute ago they'd just been a faint howling noise. Maybe some idiot mage had been messing with things he didn't understand.

As the dogs came out of the trees I was jogging toward, someone let off something explosive. Half the dogs disappeared in a cloud of crimson just before the blast knocked me off my feet. Shite knew what it had done to the smaller members of our party.

I didn't feel injured, so I spat the dirt out that I couldn't swallow and got to my feet. The hunters had turned tail and were running back the way they'd come, with the dogs scattering in all directions but ours.

I ran after them for some bashing. Hor-mel had given me ten minutes off, and I was going to bloody well use it to have some fun. Besides, we didn't want the bastards going back and raising the alert about us. This wasn't the only town under the influence of those twisted Gnome freaks.

14. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I strode on north-west, determined to put as much distance between us and Tarant as possible. After some time, we came to a rocky area.

"Here is where I'm stopping I announced". I found a nice little cleft in the rocks, not only hidden from normal view, but also providing protection from the elements. It was big enough for most, but not all, of us...

15. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Explosions shattered the air behind me as I followed Dreig deeper into the forest. We came to a rock-strewn tor and I watched him slide into a cleft in the cliff face.
    Well, it was time I started looking after myself again. I spotted a large hole in the ground. This seemed like a good place to stage an ambush, in case any pursuers happened upon us.
    I checked the hourglass; three miutes gone already. I wondered how the Ogre was faring.
    As I began to scrabble into the hole feet-first, I heard chittering sounds beneath me.

16. Maniac

Maniac New Member

I jumped in the stream and headed towards Artan's point.

17. Sheriff Fatman

I'd been enjoying my rampage through the woods when the first twinge hit me. Dammit, that Hor had gotten himself into some kind of trouble again. Looking at the sandglass I saw there were only a coupleof minutes left anyway.

I made my way rapidly through the woods to where the magic told me my ward was at.

18. Quethim

Quethim New Member

After I was done scaring the guards away I followed all of my companions.I kept in the trees where the guards could not find me but I could still see the rest of my group.I finaly caught up with them.

"I think I gave them a good scare, and they did not even know what hit em." I then laugh an evil laugh.

19. Maniac

Maniac New Member

"Hehe...if I hadn't kicked the asses of those dogs they would have smelled you and now you would be laying somewhere in the forest with hundred or so bullets in your body.So where are you going now?"I sit down and started repaireing my revolver 'cause it was full of water.

20. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

I began scrambling back out of the hole, but something caught at my boot. Luckily the boot was steel-reinforced, because something was exerting a great deal of pressure on it. I clawed at the surrounding earth and finally grabbed hold of a tree root. It felt as though I was dragging an ogre out of the hole, and I had no chance to cast a spell of strength.
    I pulled myself forward hand-over-hand, and I thought my leg would be dislocated, when suddenly the pressure stopped and the weight vanished. I crawled forward and placed my back against the tree. I didn't think I could stand yet, so I drew my Great Sword while sitting down, and just in time,too.
    I saw eight glittering jewels in the hole, growing larger. In a flash, the gigantic spider launched itself from its lair, fangs dripping with poison.

Our Host!