The Adventures of Bush, pt. 47 - Freudian Slippin'

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Settler, Aug 6, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

Parliamentary democracies are almost the same thing as what we have except the legislative branch elects the president from the legislative body. (So that the two branches are not separate.) I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this, the two things you mentioned don't seem to have anything to do with each other.

2. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

How many? If you have dozens of parties that are basically the same it means that rejects from other parties formed new ones to begin with a clean slate and repeat the never ending cycle of deceit and theft.

3. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

See, now that's what confused me about the book. At times it seemed that Heinlein was promoting certain virtues, and degrading others, but they would be intertwined. I agree with a lot of what he says about citizenship and such (and I think he was trying to push for each person to take greater responsibility for the wellbeing of their country upon themselves) but I also got the feeling he was against several other things, which I can't remember too clearly now. Those "History and Moral Philosophy" lessons were always pretty interesting though. I think that's where a lot of my confusion is coming from - some of them were pro-Concept A, while others were anti-Concept B, but they'd be related in some way, and I wouldn't be sure whether he was being ironic, and if so, about which concept. That books has given me a shitload to think about :).

4. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

Like I said before, if you aren't an American, you may not have some of the necessary cultural references to get all of his points clearly. :/ However, Robert Heinlein did not just write books to entertain, he wrote them to make you think. So it is obvious that the book had the proper effect on you, Jarinor. :) :)

5. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Did you just say that Robert Heinlein did not write books to entertain? Have you read most of his stuff? It is the epitome of "cheap science fiction." Yes, much of his better stuff was written to make you think, but he wrote a lot, and most of it wasn't to make you think. I really cannot believe Friday or To Sail Beyond the Sunset were written to make you think.

Oh, and the book and the movie are very, very much not the same. The movie was, in my opinion, a poor conversion of the book, although it was a decent movie in an entirely independent fashion.

6. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

I think the movie, without the the consideration of the satyrical context of heinlein's attitude, is fucking terrible, but having re-read the book (when I was 14 i took the book entirely seriously) and having seen the movie again and seeing it in the context of social satire, I think its the best movie Paul Verohoven ever made.

7. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

We once have 6 parties in our congress that have different idears and polcy, on some they have to reach comprose with afew parties to get thing past and they where trie down with the phoney flip flop thing any good leader will change polcy it the polcy isnot working it call rethinking your government polcies.

8. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

Sorry I wouldnot answer last night as I have to goto the Thomson Hostiple emergry room as I have touble breathing. I have with asbine brontide with is only one step away from pneumonia. Over 70% of the america people donot have than primary care doctor than they use hosital emergery room doctor as they primary care doctor. I have to the emergy room as it was 11 PM at night on than sunday. There are conserate group in america who donot believe in Medicare or Socical Security than they aim to kill those programs an they have nothing to replace then. They say SS and Medicare isnot written in the Constitution, alot of thing we have in our government arenot found in our constitution.

9. xento

xento New Member

Well, damn that's a bitch.

Maybe if we're lucky you'll pass on your most prized possessions to your beloved Jarinor, and he can share the wealth of meatloaf-flavored condoms and concrete dildos with the rest of us.

10. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Where the fuck did that come from poverty boy?

11. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

Well we have some people who donot believe in socialize medine as it is than commie idear. Well Otto Dismark was the Father of Socialize medine.
    Clinton failure on this was due to him comeing up with than new entire complex plan instead of enlargen the medicalcare plan in place since everyone now have than SSN anyway. Why do the AMA limit the number of doctor that can attend medical school in America. They want fewer doctor so they can earm more money. Some doctor do treat poorer people by reduce fees for service but not enough, some just become doctor to become rich.

The Germany socialize medical care plan doesnot force doctors to take part but Familty Care Doctor do get repay by the government for costs of treating poorer people, plus it the government ever does need the service of than top notch doctor than he refuse the Government can pull his licence to be than doctor as they think he or she is in it for the money, only two time was than licence was pull for this reason.

12. xento

xento New Member

If they wanted money, they should have played professional sports, instead of trying to save people's lives.

Our Host!