The Adventures of Bush, pt. 47 - Freudian Slippin'

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Settler, Aug 6, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I've seen the quote "It Isn't Pollution That Is Harming Our Environment, Its The Impurities In Our Air And Water That Are Doing It." credited to someone else, makes me wonder if those aren't just random idiot quotes all pilled up under Bushes' name to make him look dumb

2. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Alright here are the facts:

Bush is stupid. Definite fact. Doesn't really alter his credentials for leading America, you don't need to be Steven Hawkins to run a country, the cabinet is there to aid him, etc. It is just a fact, although a mostly irrelevant one, that he is barely literate, and has the IQ of a horseshoe fly.

Iraq is pretty fucked up. Messy situation over there. We didn't plan for the post war, and it went to shit. Regardless of whether it's turning around or not, that was a definite blunder, you have to look beyond the immediate when you're teh President.

In regards to the intelligence backing up the war, I'm not going to feed you the same old line of shit. It was weak intelligence, he should have looked at it more closely, but since he didn't, taking it at face value I can understand the decision. It doesn't excuse his lack of attention by any means, but he wasn't off his rocker either.

American celebrities are still Americans. They have their right to make their opinions known, whichever way they see fit. They have access to venues, so they use them to make their opinions heard. If their opinions happen to be lunacy, don't listen. If you don't care if they're doing it, why even bother bringing it up, they're just another group of opinionated people in America, they just have enough money to get more recognition.

The economy is still pretty shitty. It's not as bad as it was, but the jobs that are being created are lower paying and less secure. Outsourcing jobs is hurting us, and it's a practice we shouldn't endorse, which alot of the governmental tax laws seem to do. They might not have been created to do it, but that is one effect they have.

The debt, it's out of control, we need to deal with it. I know people who get the shit beat out of them for owing 30 bucks, we owe how many billion? Or is it a few trillion now? I can't keep up, it keeps getting higher every day.

George Bush is pretty steadfast in his policies, but his policies have generally been meek at best, with the usual exceptions that everyone has.

The main downside of Kerry is that he hasn't really emphasized what exactly he'ld do differently, but the things he has said make him seem more reasonable than Bush. For instance, he's against gay marriage personally, but he understands, according to that blasted Bill of Rights, that it's the states prerogative. The Constitution ensures that the governmental power is limited, and it has to stay within those bounds. If it oversteps them, it sets a dangerous precedent. If Bush starts adding powers to the central government, like oversight on marriage etc., he's negated the 10th amendment. And if he can negate one amendment, why can't some future president negate another one he doesn't like?

The idea that Bush has "endangered" the American people is a little off. First of all, I can understand, based upon the intelligence, why he went to war. We were also in danger well before Iraq. Terrorism wouldn't have gone away if we ignored Saddam. But I would DEFINATELY agree that our actions in Iraq have polarized the Middle East, us on one end and everyone else on the other. Like I osted earlier, the more people who hate us the easier it is for terrorists to recruit. If they can get even 100 more men to sign up, that's 100 more hijackers, or suicide bombers, or whatever.

Regardless of whether we should have gone to war, or for what specified reason, we said WMDs, we have no WMDs, and there are quite a few guys named Ahmed that are pissed about it. You don't need to convince to me Bush isn't a liar; I'm not going out to blow up a bridge. You need to convince the Iraqis, which Bush, Cheney, and the whole gang have been neglecting to do.

3. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

We didnot destory the Taleban in Afghanistan they makeing than comeback in the countryside. They where not than nation state than they never have they main office in Kabul. they where never than nation state in Western sense. They are than rural based Islamist Insurgency group. They control the countryside not the America and it puppy dog in Kabul. All the claim of our bombing Taleban targets are false we only bomb wedding parties alway makeing sure we murder the bride in cold blood and bombing other social grathering of noncombat in the great trabitson of America of murbering inorent people. I got Imperial Hubris today than reading it. We are only winning tacal battles and loseing the war in stragic way.

4. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

I than thinking of getting than federal court order against the internet prodiser as it seem lately they are haveing cann't find the serse error message when I write anything against America Government may-be they need to fire some employee.

5. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

It's just not the same. It's just not the same.

So how was Kerry supposed to know? I mean come on here Retard, you walk into somewhere that's stifling hot, what are you going to do? "Gosh darned it feels chilly in here!".

I'd be really interested in hearing your sources for these stories. They're not coming from a local Republican newsletter are they?

Sounds an awful lot like bullshit to me. That linked article at least puts it into perspective. In the event that Kerry does have an ego, so what? You'd prefer an imbecile?

Again, what's your point? Bush has just as many celebrities coming out endorsing him as Kerry gets. Last I heard America was a free country, even has a bit about it in their constitution I hear. Something about free speech an' all. Why shouldn't people be allowed to endorse the candidate they prefer?

Actually (ignoring the fact that you've avoided direct responses I gave you), I was pointing out that whatever Kerry has or hasn't done, Bush has, more often than not, done himself at least three times as worse as Kerry ever did it.

So far you've got Kerry eating meals in a bus and asking for air-conditiong to be turned on, vs 4 years of bullshit about a war and a bunch of hilarious quotes... What's more important to you Retard? You seem to have a thing about politicians eating meals. Not having trouble with the missus not doing your cooking for you?

Heh. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in this forum who's an active member of a major political party and has worked in a political office for a politician. I'd like to think that gives me at least some experience and "credibility" when it comes to politics. Be it local, national or international.

Versus your complete BS that you seem to have drudged up from Republican Landâ„¢?

Not according to official labour statistics from the American Bureau of Labour. The column you want to look at is Unemployed - Percent of Labour Force.

That quote seems to more acurately reflect the figures. Now someone tell me, what years was Clinton in office? Compare those years to the data provided.

Where are you getting this stuff from? Your sources don't seem very reliable. A tip: If you have access to them, only trust official sources. If you hear something, check the facts and back it up yourself. Don't rely on second, third or fourth hand "information" from unreliable or biased sources.

They probably would've caught Osama instead of wasting resources on a war with Iraq. ;)

Oh noez! DOn't voet 4 k3rry hez a politishun!1!

You don't remember this very well, do you? I also think we're not "officially" at war with Iraq. I think you'll find it comes under some other action. If we are at war, how come there aren't any "prisoners of war" and just "enemy combatants" instead?

Weapons America gave him (I think that was Bush's dad) and weapons which he was allowed to use on Iranians without any complaint at the time.

Just how many weapons of mass destruction is Saddam supposed to have left? You know, the Bush Administration has never been able to give any specifics on what weapons Iraq is supposed to have.

By the way, stuff buried in the desert isn't usable. It's not as if you can bury this stuff for 12 years and dig it up again when you need it. Chemical and Biological weapons don't work that way. So even if there was some buried about the place, don't expect it to be in any sort of usable condition.

I'm more convinced the Bush Administration coerced intelligence agencies to tell them what they wanted to hear. See the last article I linked at the Washington Post.

So one one hand, he's not allowed to be an "empty suit" and do the nice pleasantries you expect from the every day politician, yet on the other hand, whenever he does something that a "normal person" would do (like naturally getting angry when you're insulted), he's suddenly not being "Presidential like"?

That's an interesting double standard you've got there. How do you expect him to live up to that?

You know what I think is really interesting? Bush said quite a similar thing himself.

versus

How does one "sensitively" express power and influcence? The only difference between Kerry and Bush's speeches are Kerry said the same thing, only in fewer words.

... I can change it back if you want. :)

6. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

America action in allowing Iraq to use poison gases in it war on Iran undermined the old treaty from the 1920's which ban the user of poison gases in warfare, it have than enforcement clause that state if one nation use poison gases all other nation are to put sanf on the nation useing poison gases. Iran got poison gases to use back on Iraq from the Soviet Union, the USSR was very nervous about any use of poison gases in warfare.

7. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

Our invadeing Iraq and Arabian penulsa, our allowing Israel to illegal mistreat the people in the occupation of Pal land and builting illegal built settlement on occup land, allowing illegality Proten missionary to convert people to they religion in the Muslum World.

Our illegal invasion of Iraq is the best Christmas present ever given to al Qaeda as it show the Muslum world the true axis of Evil USA, Israel and India.

8. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

India, that's like throwing Iran in Bush's axis of evil. What the fuck has India been doing; their having a land dispute with Pakistan and both countries are being obnoxious.

Charles, I don't want to be a pain, but could you PLEASE try to chill with the typos, it's taking me almost a full minute to get through a paragraph.

Dammit DU, why did you have to make sense, now everyone's going to be concentrating on your senseful post, not my senseless one. ;)

9. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Blinky, better man than you (i.e. me) have tried. Charles just pleads learning disability. I've asked him so many times I can't be bothered doing it any more. Spell checker, like many other words and phrases, is not in his vocabulary.

No, but they are all soulless scumbags who'll promise anything and then deliver what's convenient. I have yet to find a politician who has stuck 100% to their ideals and not compromised their integrity one bit.

Israel may not be saints, but neither is Palestine. Both countries are to blame for that situation there. And the only country India fucks around with is Pakistan, and vice versa.

Oh, and where are the laws written down regarding the legal way to declare war? Each country has it's own rules governing itself and the declaration of war, but it's not like you can sue another country for illegally declaring war against you, or call the cops because they were playing their marching music too loud.

Finally, Retard, I don't even your choices in the upcoming. From here it looks like this: Bush is either incredibly stupid or is one hell of a showman, and Kerry is one dimensional man with a hunting rifle and only a vague idea what he's going to do after the hunt.

10. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Palestine isn't a country. If it was a country the palestinians wouldn't be so upset.

11. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

Only the UN can declare legal war than it written in the UN Charter.

India allow than Hindu fundamentalist in the Gujarat State to murber over 2000 muslumThat mean the law only protect Hindist in India not muslum, Christian or Buddusit. Bin Laden camp in Afghanistan train insurgency troops not terrorist in large number. Terrorist doesnot need that much training to do his job and he doesnot need to reuseable(suide bomber), while than insurgency train fighter have better training to do his job or training other in insurgency fighting. Mine estimate are in the last 30 year in the Muslum world 5 million to 10 million muslum have got that training in
    the many camp in the Muslum World. In the few fight in Afghanistan with al Qaeda where not easy fight for America and the puppey government we put in place took heavy lost and the al Qaeda force withdrew afterward
    insurgengency force are train to withdraw to safe sancanter in Pakistan, Iran and the Center Asian Nations where we dare not go after them.

12. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

But what if the country doesn't listen to the UN? The UN is supposed to protect the sovereignty of a country, but doesn't stripping its members of their right to declare war infringe on said sovereignty?

My biggest problem with the US and its relationship with the UN is how we merely bitch them around. The United Nations IS a very weak institution when it comes to actually DOING anything. But we sign up, we say we'll pay dues, regardless of it we pay them or not, and we should listen to them as a result. If we're going to just ignore them let's officially do it and get it done. We either stay in or listen, or pull out and do it our way. Anything else is hypocritical.

A "terrorist" is anyone who uses acts of terror to cow others into changing their actions. All suicide bombers are terrorists, but all terrorists are not suicide bombers. Bin Laden may have trained troops for insurgency operations, but they still utilize terrorists tactics, and are thereby terrorist operatives.

What that jumble of misplaced words means is that we are losing, correct?

13. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

It's politics Blinky. The US pulling out of the UN would be a really dumb thing to doâ„¢ for a whole bunch of reasons. It'd mostly signal that the UN is a waste of time and so other nations would pull out. That in itself would bring us back to the pre-WW2 days (when the UN was setup) and hamper dialogue with some nations.

Secondly, it'd remove a political opportunity for the US when they need/want to get involved in other nations affairs that are relativley politically popular with other nations (or if you're cynical enough, when enough votes can be bought). Remember: Iraq was violating UN sanctions. That's why America was able to invade in the first place (or at least the political excuse they gave). Oddly enough, they did it without the UN's backing. Which is really quite funny, when you think about it.

14. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

We are loseing because of negative remarks make by U.S. Protestant clerics aboutr Islam and the Prophet especially by clerics publicly associated to serving administration. Clerical comments most U.S. citizens disregard are taken as threatening by Muslums because their societal frame of reference is one in which there is no separation of church and state. Thus, words of little consequence in U.S. politic and society are heard and remembered in the Islamic world as threats and BLASPHEMY, earning America increased Muslum hatred. I donot have time to finish will finish this later.

15. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

That is a very good point, about the muslim regard for church and state, one that would be mitigated if are current administration wasn't so adamant about thumping a book all the live long day.

DU, I'm not saying it's a good idea to get out of the UN. I'm just saying if we aren't going to listen to them anyway it's hypocritical not to get out. Of course, as you said, it is politics. Hypocrisy is the spice of life, and fucking up other countries is the sugar.

16. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Last I checked, the UN isn't a country. Countries declare war on other countries.

17. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

All the really fighter in Afghanistan who fought the Soviet Union are sideing with the Taleban and al-Qaeda even it they donot like the Taleban an it religious polcy, they hate Karzai government as than puppet government inpose by the West. The Warlords who support give us no local troops in large number they where basely bandits and heron manfactor for the drug trade, they have no strong support with the local people as they didnot fight the Soviet Union, and Karzai hid in India instead of fighting the Soviet Union learning foreign way. We are trying to impose than Western government on than Islamist Trideral culture by gunpoint. John Quincy Adams's caution to Americans not to go abroad to slay dragons they donot understand in the name of spreading democracy are generally treated as the core of one of postwar WWII America's most despised "ismd" isolationism. John Quincy Adams wasnot than isolationer he knew that you cannot inpose Democracy on than people who donot want it or have than form of government we donot like Iran have than Democracy form of government but not the one we want.

18. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

The Koran War from 1950 to 1953 was than UN war as the UN declare war on North Korea, the Soviet Union was Netural and Red China wasnot than member of the UN then enter the war on the side of North Korea.

19. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

The UN didn't declare war. They declared a police action.

Well, JQA did have a point. As great as it is that we're "bringing democracy to the destitute "in Iraq, or Afghanistan, or wherever, democracy is not for the feint of heart. It is a VERY difficult thing not to have a democracy collapse. The people of a country need to be ready for democracy in order for it to work, and we aren't the ones who can decide when they are ready. And until they are, it doesn't matter how many puppet governments we establish, or how many elected officials we help attain power, the government will fail, and a new dictator will come to power. That's the cycle that's been happening in much of the world, and the only that has been changed by us getting involved is that now more people are dead, we're in debt, and people in whatever region hate us.

20. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Our Host!