Tell me........ what are your thoughts on this..........?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by The Chosen One, Feb 18, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. The Chosen One

The Chosen One New Member

Oh yeah and another good reason for having firearms as well as melee is when you shoot creatures like ore golems it doesn't damage your weapon unlike when you destroy your sword etc in 10 seconds flat by attacking them fucking annoying rock monsters :x :D

Lagash wrote (concerning his best friend, the Bangelian Scourge):

he also wrote:

and.........

Okay, Im starting to think your obsessed. :p

So your saying they make the game slower? :(

2. Lagash

Lagash New Member

Hey! I'm not obsessed! .........You do can stab with it! And and... well, nevermind.

Now, I don't mean they make the game slower... just when I get too many of them it becomes slow... but that happens with normal followers too, depending on you comp.

The difference is that you can have as many as you want. Someone wrote that you can pick the Vendigroth robots if you're invisible or prowl... I did it once... I had 16 robots following me! Ha! Tarant has never been so laggy! :D ...... :( :cry:

3. R. Caine

R. Caine New Member

About the Ore Golem "advantage" guns have over swords , a few remarks:

- Ores have the magick knob turned up quite a bit, guns being restricted to tech will have a harder time nailing the bastards. With sword you can use a neutral weapon for good effect.

- There are a few indestructable weapons in the game i hear. If i remember correctly the Pyro Axe and Arcane Sword either have very high or infinite hp's. How likely you are to get either by the time you reach the golems is another question altogether :)

I have more fun simply creating a character for each weapon type , so that's what i'll suggest. I'm also a CP freak , and have a hard time "wasting" them.

All said , have fun.

4. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Ore golems have high damage resistance and MA, which makes guns not too effective, but their fire and electric resistance is relatively low. Pyro axe or pyro bow are recommended, as well as Molotov and all grenades.
    Getting a pyro axe before the first Ore Golem encounter (Black Mountain Mines if you follow the main plot) is not a problem since you reach Tarant very early. Its not indestructable, but it lasts quite long.

5. gamesguy

gamesguy New Member

hmm just hit and run with a gun on ore golems, assuming you have told your followers to wait a safe distance away. the golems are so slooooow u can easily destroy them with gus.

6. Lagash

Lagash New Member

That doesn't works always, I can assure you.

Sometimes the hit chances are so slow, plus the icon of the wall that means you can't hit it for being so... opposite to your weapon. The best is to carry a neutral gun, like Shrecks pistol or Droch warbringer.

...mmm... I hope nobody bites that.

7. gamesguy

gamesguy New Member

well it perfectly for me with a hand cannon... yes it took me like 12 shots but I did manage to kill the ore golem. I had more trouble with rock spirits, I guess they are more magical or something.

8. The Chosen One

I never had a problem with ore golems on any of my saves (I have about 7) its just they can be annoying when your precious weapons get damaged on em. On my current save I just set a couple of Arachnids on them and that was that. :razz:

Oh and where would one aquire a Pyro Axe Schematic ? :cool:

9. Solaris

Solaris New Member

The pyro axe schematics are in the underground of the Willoughsby residence in Tarant, guarded by three mechanized arachnids.

10. Zorque

Zorque New Member

Thrown weapons (the ones that come back) also don't get damaged, though I don't know why.

11. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Who is Gus, & how do I get him? :D

12. Lagash

Lagash New Member

Is the guard at the end of Tarant's bridge... the one in the left.

Ahh... making fun of a typo mistake... no no no... :D

13. The Chosen One

Ok I have yet another new character:

Dwarf Techy. Im Lv 15 right now but I plan on having;

Str:20
    Dx:20
    Ch:12
    Int:20
    ........aint really botherd about the rest.

Master in Dodge, Melee, Gamble.

Expert in Throwing, Pickpocket, Persuation.

2 points in Herbology
    Max in explosives
    Max in Smithy

Equip:

Pyro Axe
    Elite platemail
    War gauntlets
    Chapau of Magic intervension
    Shield ?????
    x2 charged rings
    War boots
    Necklace ?????

Followes- Virgil, Dante, Sebastia.......not sure bout rest.

So what ya think? Any other ideas? :p

14. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Some thoughts:
    1)What about lock picking? When I played tech characters, burglary was the main way of getting money and equipment for both me and followers. Its not crucial, but extremely useful
    2)Why max explosives? If all you want is grenades, Sebastian can make them. But why would you want your own dynamite? Oh and I find explosives grenades unnecessery. Molotov does the job just fine, and you can make electrocuting grenades in HUGE numbers once you get the schematics.
    3)Intellect- you could save CPs by using potions of intellect, for both learning new schematics and solving quests.
    4)If you replaced Virgil with Jayna, she could save you your 2 points on Herbology and 6 CPs with her elixirs (well maybe just 4 since you don't use perception). She's just as good a healer and a fighter as Virgil is, you could even give her a pyro axe if without a shield.
    5)Item recommendations: Chapeau of Magnetic inversion lef tme disappointed, I prefer miner's helmet- lots of armor class+light.
    Shield-steal the Tempered shield from the Stillwater blacksmith, or make a Flow Disruptor, depends if you need damage or magick resistance more.
    Amulet-Cassie's jewelry is neutral, +40 MR. Jewel of Hebe is neutral, +1CH+2BE
    6)A small tip: you can steal a small machined plate from the blacksmith in Caladon. If you're planning to do the negotiations quest, you can also steal a small elite plate from the dwarf in the palace (one of the people who are trying to bribe you, only appears when you're on your way to negotiations, disappears right after.
    7)Vollinger is a good tech follower, he can make charges for you if you decide to use flow spectrometer or healing jacket. He can also make strong poison (if you want an envenomed sword) and acid (can be used as a grenade, just throw it far away from yourself and your party). Chukka and Loghaire make excellent fighters cna can be armed with pyro axes. So can be Thorwald Two Stones.

15. The Chosen One

Alrighty guys? :D Just stared another character (I've lost count how many I've played now).

Half-Orc Techy. Level 17 (Playing the game solo)

Str 9 Int 8
    Cn 9 Wp 8
    Dx 15 Pe 8
    Be 10 Ch 6

Bow 4 (Expert)
    Dodge 1.5 (Apprentice)
    Melee 2.5 (Expert)
    Throwing 2 (Apprentice)
    Pick pocket 3 (Expert)

2 Herbology
    2 Electric
    6 Explosives

Pyro Bow, Pyro Axe, Mechanicl Dagger.
    Oiled Thieves leather.
    War Gauntlets
    Magic intervension hat
    War Boots
    Jewle of Herbe
    2 Charged Rings

Next thing Im thinking of leveling up is lock picks followed by PE and prowling.
    I really need to incease my PE because I want master prowling. Im thinking the Goggled Helmet will be useful but It'll mean I'll have to put 4 in Mechanical and 5 in Smithy to get the ingedients. Is there anywhere else I can get them? If not then I'll get Magnus on my team untill he makes me some Eye gear (how long is it before he'll learn this?) and I'll put 5 points in Smithy for the Helm of Vision.

What you think then? :p Any ideas?

16. Canis

Canis New Member

The consensus seems to be that there is no Helm of Vision anywhere in the world, so you'd have to make it yourself. So you'd spend 5 points in smithy for 3 PE....

I'd stick with eye gear (two in the game world plus Magnus will make them... eventually) or the chapeau, if you can bear the dizzying eye candy or otherwise remove it.

17. The Chosen One

Thanks Canis.

Where can I find some eye gear then? Cos I really don't want that pig loving dwarf wanna be on my team. :D

18. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

eye gear can be found in the BMC. check in the chests.

19. Canis

Canis New Member

And a little later on you can steal another pair from Sebastian.

20. Zorque

Zorque New Member

Our Host!