Tech Archer?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by zxcvbnmnbvcxz123, Oct 2, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. zxcvbnmnbvcxz123

zxcvbnmnbvcxz123 New Member

Will a tech character that uses a bow be a super hard choice or will it be fairly easy? Are they any good tech bows?

I want my character to use bows, get up to goggles of +2 perception in mechanical, and have lockpicks...

And another thing, does lock pick get good enough where you can use your auto skeleton key + lockpick skill to open merchant's chests while they're sleeping and steal all their stuff?

Thanks

2. Mael

Mael New Member

there some if you can find the schemantic for them, but still they are underpowered

yes

3. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

To elaborate on Mael's rich text concerning good tech bows, I think you'll be pleased with the pyrotechnic bow and to a lesser degree the compound bow. Guns are where the fun truly lies for any techie, make sure you always have a backup fighting style/weapon, it can get pretty harry out there. Welcome to the House Of Lords BTW.

4. wdygfy

wdygfy New Member

on the lockpick question yes with enough lockpick skill and training plus auto skeleton key you can open almost any lock (except magelocks and unpickable) every time I heard somewhere that more than one lockpick skeleton key in your inventory also increases your chances but I haven't verified that.

5. zxcvbnmnbvcxz123

zxcvbnmnbvcxz123 New Member

6. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

As Darkwalker said Pyro Bow is great (and it's very fast too). However be sure to have another bow in your inventory as you will encounter fire based enemies against which Pyro Bow will be little or no good. Venom Bow is ok for such situations I guess.

And don't ever go past an opportunity to buy more arrows. You will be using up tons of them so even if you have 500 in your inventory don't consider that a safe amount (far be it from that)

7. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

If you get 100000 it might be enough, just. The problem with the pyro bow is that it needs 6 points in explosives. I recomend using throwing and throwing molotovs at enemies that get to close and instead of points in intelligence use potions of intellect.

8. wdygfy

wdygfy New Member

it takes 6 points to build it (explosives is a great moneymaking college anyway) but you could get lucky and find one in some blacksmith somewhere or use tech manuals to build it the biggest problem I ever had was that you only find the boat rigging once so if you want to arm say yourself and raven both with a pyro bow you gotta hope you find one for sale

9. Settler

Settler Member

You can buy Boat Rigging from junk merchants/importers (Ristezze, etc.), though it doesn't come up very often.

10. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

The Envenomed Bow is eaiser than the Pyro as there are places to find the Strong Poision. There is no Fire Obstruction anywhere in the game except for what you can make.

There is a Pyro bow that can be stolen in a VERRY unlikely place late in the plotline.

Our Host!