So, what happens to the site now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark Elf, Feb 26, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

To keep on working for something that has no purpose is not something I want to do. I have been gone from this site for months at a time and I have moved on to other things. There was a time when I was single handed and did everything and did it well. I had a lot of time back then, a lot of "fire" to do stuff if you will, but that time is long, long past. 90% of the people I knew well on this site have left during my departures, which is probably the worst blow that was dished out. The site now is a skeleton of what it once was, and I feel safe saying that no one has the effort required to really ressurect it. Effort that it took to create it. I almost feel as if Troika's closure is an excuse for me to write this, but without any *real* alternatives I'm prone to closing the site down, leaving it be as it is at best.

2. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

Jinxed...however much I sympathize with what you said it feels as though many of you(admin/mod) have been waiting for an excuse to jump off the boat. This site will remain self sufficient due to generous host and ad revenue. There will always be somebody here that will take on admin tasks. Yes, this place would be like any other forum...BUT is that really so bad? If this is the end of Troika, why does that translate to the end of TA? I may not stop in here as often as I once did, but I do enjoy coming in and seeing what the current antics are. Yes some of those that we have grown to luv have moved on to other places, but there is still a small group of loyalists. I aint one to give up as easy as saying 'well Troika's dead, so now we can abandon the site.' I have seen each of ya'll get into flame-wars, get heated up about something, and you would not return here with such frequency as ya'll do, if'n you thought this was just "some forum." I have been here through the birth of 2 children, even played the naming game with my son here. There is a small part of me here. And what I luv about this site has never, EVER had anything to do with Troika - aside from creating Arcanum!!

3. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Jinxed, If you close this site dow, I expect to get a backup. :p

4. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Bitch, quit it!

WHAT THE FUCK!

Let it die, are you people kidding me? Arcanum wasn't popular since it started, you guys made a site. When no other sites kept going, you guys had a site. When I joined, you were the only ones with a site. Troika has never been a behemoth, you whine because it went under? You didn't see it coming, I knew from the moment I joined it was going to fold at some point.

Arcanum was 'dead' a long time ago, long before Troika closed. Arcanum is still 'dead'. So why do we have a quasi-active message board about it? Why? Look, maybe we are staring at the long decline of Arcanum and Troika into history, but Jesus Christ, if there haven't been good games before that have gone that way. As if there haven't been gems that have folded. Where is there message board, where is the board dedicated to all the other games that didn't get a fair deal.

This board is for the company who never got a fair shot, and we should keep going in memory of Troika. Look at Underdogs. An entire site dedicated to games that got screwed out of their rights. Instead of bitching about why oh why Troika folded, oh woe is TA, let's do something about it. Instead of sitting on our asses wondering what will happen to Arcanum, and lamenting the fate of Troika, why don't we make this site to preserve it's memory, and every other kick fucking ass rpg that died without ever getting the chance it deserve.

5. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be. Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.

6. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

we're all being melodramatic. would you take a look at these posts? *whine, whine, bitch, bitch* y'all sound like a bunch of chicks. we should let the subject drop and go about our forum business...

*EDIT* my 2000th post!!!! w00t!!!

7. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

Blikny...DU:
    What blinky said is exactly correct. We should keep going to give the finger to the rest of the gaming world. Every other site that has something about Arcanum on it or has an Arcanum link is not for Troika!! So lets keep it rollin. We were fine before they bellied up, and we sure as fuck be fine after!

If the boat is a rockin...don't come a knockin.

8. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

There are forum for games from company that no longer exsit at all anymore.

9. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Zactly, we can't change it, but that doesn't mean we should plop on our asses with a pint of hagen-daaz and quit. We got shit to do niggas, less roll.

Our Host!