RPG Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NobleKnight, Dec 14, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Ah, Volourn. Final Fantasy is an interactive novel, not PS:T. Yeah, there's a lot of reading to do in it, the choice of followers is limited and the story is quite linear, but there are still choices, non Fed-ex style sidequests (with consequences too) and it's generally an excellent game. Even uses the amnesia ploy really well.

It's true you can't roam the Planes, but given that there are a minimum of 666 levels of the Abyss alone, do you really think anyone could create a game featuring every level of the Planes in detail? Hell, just one level in all it's glory would be enough for a game and two expansion packs. That's not even counting the Neutral and Good planes, nor the other crap like the Prime material planes and shit.

But yeah, don't bother playing the game if you don't like reading a lengthy but very interesting story. You know, actually having to deal in depth with unusual concepts.

2. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Hey dumbass, maybe you should try not being an idiot before you type all that stupid bullshit. No, I believe the alignment meter is due to your alignment. How come you are only able to do the evil main story if your meter was evil? No, I think you're wrong. Please, think about something different than who last posted before you post.

3. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    No kidding? Someone taught you how to use bad langauge eh? I can't almost bear your masculine toughness anymore.

Yeah, and so do I. You just don't seem to be able to comprehend that killing Lukan is viewed as a good act, and thus treated as such.

Not that you seem to be able to comprehend anything at all.

Jar, could you please give the man a custom avatar and title? I think he just earned it...

4. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Isn't that hypocritical? You just completely ignored my argument. As for everything else you said, all I can say is that I'm glad I called you a dumbass, because you've proved that you are yet again. Please tell me why you think I should get a custom avatar? Because I'm willing to stand up to people when they bag me? Yeah, I thought so.

5. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

No, it's because stupid people earn custom avatars. And you're well on your way.

6. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Yeah, I may not be as smart as you people. It's only logical. I am 13 years old. But I am by no means stupid. I'm told numerous times by people that actually know me that I'm quite intelligent. I'm curious as to why I'm stupid.

7. Settler

Settler Member

I don't think Wolf deserves a custom avatar...yet. As of now, he's just a little outspoken and argumentative. Bordering on abusive. Calm down, Wolf.

8. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Hey, I only flame people when they flame me. I'm just seen as the flamer because I'm disliked.

9. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

Actually Wolf, I think you're just what the board needed. Hell, you even got me out of hibernation just to read up on your adventures with the community. Keep up the good work.

10. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Its not that you're unintelligent, you're just not very intelligent.

Also you're so god damned fucking full of yourself there isnt any room for anything else, i.e. conscience thought, consideration of the opinions/views of others. Your arrogance and idiocy seems to bleed into your schedule as well; i.e. no time for considering what you are about to post because that would get in the way of breaking threads down into spammy flamewars, no time for reading other people's posts, only time for generic cookie cutter "I might be 13 but you can still go and fuck your mother. I'm soooooooo smart for someone who is 13!"

Instead of just flaming everytime you get a hostile reaction from someone why not consider WHY they're angry at you? For instance, I'm annoyed with the fact that this interesting discussion on the nature of RPGs has degenerated into a big flaming mess.

Jinxed I have a few suggestions for this idiot's custom avatar.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

there we go. i didnt make any of these, i found them with google.[/quote]

11. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I know I'll go over the top with this, but damn you Sleek, you just blew away all my boundaries.

I found a few alternatives myself:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Holy shit! You people are petty. You take whatver tiny thing I say, blow it up to mass proportions and bag me. All I said were tims were changing and children learn more and more. Why don't you guys actually try to figure out why I'm dumb. Is it because I get into arguments? What the fuck Sleek? You're annoyed that this has turned into a big flaming mess. It wasn't my fault. I wasn't the first to flame. Not my fault, you see. See what I mean, you people are so biased you can't even that it's someone else's fault than mine.

13. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

We "bag" you because we see fault in your logic. Numerous posters already tried to explain why and what you got wrong wolf, but time and time again, you write up arguments using the same logic that we see is wrong.
    As an example, I meant that "stop bringing your homosexual shit here" could sound offensive to homosexuals and that it proves you are homophobic, you answered me that you merely used "shit" as a slang term for "stuff". You fail to understand however, that at a given situation, a homosexual would or at least COULD be offended despite your lovely "slang term" explanation.

"Hey man, don't be angry just because I called you a nigger, it's a slang term for a black man". If this logic actually worked we would all be calling ourselves names but it doesn't work that way at all. Understand this and everything will be ok.

I went too far saying Morrowind is only an action game with RPG elements, but I am willing to change my opinion, given good arguments. I would call it a really poor RPG that focuses on action rather than any real role play.

14. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Well, jee I apologize to any homosexual people who read that post and were offended. I was angry at the time, as there seemed to be so many people flaming rather than contributing to the arguments. Seriously though can we stop this debating about why homosexuality is unnatural. Yes, I'm 13 years old. Get over it. It seems so many of you have taken to bagging me because of it. I have to tell you I find it more than a little pathetic.

15. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Then stop giving us this pill you are trying to. Ok, you're 13 years old, this doesn't give you the right to behave like you do.

I'm not even going to go into what is wrong with your post above, I'm tired of trying to explain the same thing over and over and over. I feel like I'm talking to a freaking painting.

16. Wolf

Wolf New Member

What do you mean "behave like you do"? I've done nothing wrong. I only flame people when they flame me. Oh, wait now I know what I've done! I've expressed my opinion and it was too complex so your only resort was to flame me.

17. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

first of all Icairus, I did not say anywhere in my post that Myst is an RPG. However, I was trying to make the point of what makes an RPG (or at least makes it a good one) with my example. As this discussion is debating what an rpg is, what makes an rpg an rpg, and if certain rpg's are rpg's. I was only adding something that I believe to pertinent to this discussion

secondly, how can you not find fault in his logic?? he IS only 13, after all. of course he has faulty logic-how else is he to learn and formulate sound and reasonable logic. lets forgive him the age when he does mess up and not flame him, but rather just point out that he screwed up, or simply remind him of his faulty logic making an appearance again. that way he is not being flamed (sorry to those of you that take so much pleasure in flaming) but rather learning solid logic.

18. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

No, actually, you're a hypocritical bastard. You insist repeatedly that people read your posts in depth so they can understand what you're actually saying, but you refuse to do the same. The experience of people who are (in some cases) far older than you is also brushed away without a second thought, because what the fuck could they seriously know? After all, you're a very intelligent (at least according to people who know you, aka your parents and other relatives) whose brain capacity is larger than 13 year olds of yesteryear.

You know, now that I think about it, I don't know why we've bothered arguing with you, considering what we're up against.

19. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Yep, Jarinor, and you know about my life? Makes sense. Yes, my mother says I'm inteligent, as well as my brother. But that's hardly all that do. My teachers, peers and general friends also say I'm smart. This is the part where you say that all those people must be stupid. I'll save you time. Let's pretend you said that and I'll reply. No they're not stupid. My teachers are teachers, and don't know what it's like in QLD but here in VIC teachers have to be smart. Also, one of my friends and peers does maths one year above her, and she says I'm " really smart.". My mum is a doctor, and I can assure you my brother isn't stupid. I never said my brain capacity was bigger, though talking to you makes me wonder. I said we have more knowledge. I don't insist you read my posts in depth, only that you read them without thinking " Well, hey Mr Wolf posted this, so I have to take it in the most stupid, arrogant and childish way."

20. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Just because people say you're smart does not make you a fucking philospher. There is common sense and there is knowledge, i.e. being a logical thinker and being a well read know it all. I'd guess you were the last, though you have diplayed some extremely screwed up rationality, (your rigidly rationalist take on homosexuality) but you don't seek to further your understanding past that point, and FROM EXPERIENCE, i would chalk this up to your youth once again. YOUR ONLY 13! We're older and wiser for the most part.

Our Host!