Request for Info and Art

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tekkus McDwarf, Nov 27, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Interesting premise Tekkus; however, to counter-point; we never HAD to do a god damn thing. You did, it was YOUR assignment. You asked the general forum to help, and you did it in a way which gave the distinct impression that we're customer service personnel who would be absolutely elated to be at your service.

Well, we ACTUALLY aren't. We're forumers, we post here, and, personally speaking, if I knew the answer to your query and didn't think you were coming off presumptious from the get-go and dickish for the second, I would help you. Unfortunately, this site does not exist for the sole purpose of being an encyclopedia. We have a great deal of information; you're welcome to peruse it and, if you phrase it nicely, we might even help. But just because you assume we're all sitting around our computers waiting for the opportunity to answer all your questions doesn't mean we are. Sorry to disappoint.

As per the 'flame war', the first direct insult actually came from your ever-more-intelligent sounding word hole. You made a request, Japes responded sarcastically, but not really argumentatively, while Fish chimed in with a slightly more edgy, but still relatively benign post, basically saying 'no, I won't do your homework for you.'

Grimm gave you a fairly obvious, but well-meant suggestion, then DE made fun of Wikipedia. Then you started flaming because you're an immature little bitch who thinks we care about your problems. Unfortunately, I couldn't care less, and I doubt most of the people here care a single iota more than I do. I mean, I'd help if I could, but I can't, so tough shit. Do your own work.

Now, let me keep this lucid. This isn't the 'quality of response' you get when you post an inquiry. Or when you appraise the forum of things that you 'discover,' although when you use diction that makes yourself sound like an explorer, navigating the dark forests of Google, you do sound like an ass. If you post something interesting, it'll be well-received. If you ask a question that has an answer, it'll be answered. If you demand an answer, because for some reason we owe you one, we're probably going to be stuck in another predicament where I, or another of our quite qualified members, is going to have to, once again, make you look like a fool and a jackass.

And so, if you would like to engage in "tard smacking time," I would be happy to bitch slap you around like your momma when she doesn't pay her pimp, but we really don't have to engage in such a droll exercise in my own intellectual superiority over you. It's quite unbefitting, don't you agree?

P.S. your subject-verb agreement is off in the last paragraph of your attempt at a rant. English really isn't that difficult, so I implore you to go learn the language correctly, else you risk continuing to look like the stupid fucktard you appear to be now.

2. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

... and to think, I could've put you in touch with him, sent him the questions on your behalf and posted your interview on the site for extra credit.

OH WELL...

3. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Then why do you keep posting in this thread? If you really didn't care you'd leave and go flamebait somewhere else.

4. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

That's super.

5. Tekkus McDwarf

Tekkus McDwarf Member

mathboy, i heard that too, but what I read it was possibly for FO3. Last interview I read said he had an interest in MMO and was thinking about it. I'll look around for it.

And Blinky, you didn't HAVE to respond to that either yet again but you did. As for taking my response out of context again. Congrats! I GOT the humor about "the internet" and citing Wikipedia, those ARE funny. Did I specifically address those? Did I make any mention of them whatsoever? No. I've gotten 2 "that's supers" in this thread and I'm going for more. Now as for my subject verb agreement, go back to answering sbemails Strong Tard. Your dramatic liscence expired before this thread even started your logic is nothing but the 9 informal errors in categorical syllogisms. I've already mentioned the non sequitur of making no mention of the humorous posts therein, yet you jump to an erroneous "conclusion". As for the Ad Hominum's, they are good enough to put you in to politics where people are actually stupid enough to think that a man and the job he is running for are not two seperate things. As for your assumption of intellectual superiority, blatant red herring. I could go on to FORMAL logical errors ( your theory of negating the conclusion negates the premise, very bad form there ) but instead since your post is not copywrighted, will simply submit it as one of the bad writings required for a study project. Congrats on "winning" the grammar wars! NEXT.

6. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Now you are just being a moron, you know that?

7. Tekkus McDwarf

Tekkus McDwarf Member

ah! good I've found a medium with which we can communicate! I'm having fun at this point, I know you won't spoil it. Thank you, come again!

8. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

Teehee, I like it when the angry ones join, there so much fun to play with... ~sigh~ I miss eros.

9. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

We need some sort of scooby-doo villain as a member of the forum. That'd be sweet.

10. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Oh please, wouldn't that just amount to an irritating number of alts?

11. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Matt?

12. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I wasn't negating anything really, merely saying that you're an asshole who would receive far more accomodation if you merely acted like you're asking for a favor. Which you are.

Now, as impressive as your quite grandious language is (I always find it humorous when I manage to get an idiot to sit in front of a monitor with a thesaurus open), you are still, quite fucking stupid. If you really need me to boil down the synopsis of what I said into even more basic language, because despite being able to use large words in a sentence, you apparently have no fucking clue what they mean:

You asked a question like a dick, you got a sarcastic response or two, then started throwing stones. It's not my fault your symbolic house is made out of glass, nor is it my fault that despite knowing how to type 'formal logic,' you can't quite abide by its principles.

Neither of us HAVE to post here, both of us CHOOSE to. You speak of all we HAD to do, but we didn't have to do a damn thing. If our intention was to help you, then to fulfill those goals we would have HAD to do something. But since you already assumed that we would CHOOSE to help you, since obviously no one here has a life other than you, then you came off like an asshole, and none of us WANTED to help you. Thereby, none of us HAD to do anything to achieve those ends.

I'm truly perplexed as to your theory-premise relationship. My argument is that from your premise none of us wanted to help you, because from your premise you were a dickhead. The funny thing with being a dickhead is that your conclusion is absolutely irrelevant, because your 'premise' is a request, and the request is subsequently denied.

If you're speaking in reference to my chiding tone about my speculative conclusions as to your demeanor once said research was done, then you truly must be the stupidest person in human existance. If this is the case, you will have levelled the veneer of a plausible argument as a mask to your innate foolishness, with all the point and power of that threadbare artillery aimed at what is nothing more than a sarcastic mini-tirade about how your demeanor reminds me of a lazy, listless freshman I know who would often ask me to do his research for him so he could take all the credit with minimal effort, forgive my type-casting, but your attitude and the nature of your request evoked such an attitude. And you've still to even say I was out-rightly wrong; your entire grand rebuttal, which I'm sure you're so proud of, in this instance would cluminate to: just because I want you to do the work for me, that doesn't mean I don't need it done. To which I would reply: so-fucking-what?

On another note, I'd love for you to explain the context I was supposed to take anything you said in; I was going on a rather standard conglomeration of logic, reality, and the words you posted to get a good sense of what exactly you meant. It's amazing how it works almost the entire time, except when I read things written by jackasses, and apparently you. I sense a connection.

And so, in conclusion, no you didn't address me with your posts. You didn't really address anyone (reference your subject-verb mistakes). So I kind of took it upon myself to interject after you started lashing out unnecessarily because you weren't getting your way. Stop being a fucking child. Ask nicer next time.

13. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

14. Tekkus McDwarf

Tekkus McDwarf Member

Ding! School is now in session, please sit down and be quiet.
    In classical Aristotelean syllogisms for example " if A then B, therefore C" reversiing it with "not C therefore, not A or not B" is false. This is in reference to the open ended statements regarding at whom the original post was aimed. In your questioning of subject verb agreement I can see where any eighth grader today can make the same mistake. Its called an "understood" subject. Like heavy machinery it requires someone who isn't self prescribing to operate and is otherwise qualified. When I say "kiss my ass", what is the subject? Of course its 'You'. In reference to a conversation it is only related in deference to the speaker and the listener. Secondly, as the assignment was long done before your existance on this thread, your grammatical use of tense is about 3 days off. Correctly it would be past or even past perfect tense.

Nice attempt but sadly a swing and a miss! But I'm glad you can be so bemused at your own efforts with that dog-eared book sitting next to you. You see, its all a matter of perspective, much like a conspiracy theorist who believes that every word coming from the mouth of any given government official is proof of his theories, you have convinced yourself that you actually belong in this thread to right all the wrongs of humanity and any pea of a problem needs to be magnified under the great lense of your own ego to the size of a world ending problem that only you are capable of addressing. The absolute reality is as Socrates would have said "The only thing you can truly know, is that you know nothing".

I did, did I? That is your perspective, and again, not the absolute truth. The fact is, I was polite and quite civil up to the point where I decided to join in the fun! Its like bringing a gun to a knife fight in here. I never addressed the general public as if I was entitled to anything, much like many of the government relief programs on which you are obviously dependant. In my persepctive the only person with his dick out is you, and currently its being slammed in the door.

Ah, a free will arguement after a declaration of the correctness of your own position! How absolutely speculative! Kudos, you are right! We are both choosing to be assholes here. I'll grant you what you want then, you are the bigger of us both, obviously from frequent reaming.

Ok, since you are obviously burning your pell grant at both ends and can't afford the tuition much longer I'll simply just refer you to the course reading rather than waste my time with the needed lecture:
    "Introduction to Logic" by Irving M. Copi, 7th edition ISBN 0-02325020-8. You can go on believing my 'theory' about premise relationships is perplexing or you can make an attempt to understand you are completely clueless as to what you are talking about. Currently you are the guy standing next to the mechanic working on your car trying to act like you understand the meaning of " Well sir, your coil is so burnt out that its amazing your points are still firing. They are spec'd for 1000 but burnt down to 1300, we'll need to replace both" Just shut up and nod your head. You know how to do it, its obvious the majority of your academic career has been spent under someone's desk rather than at your own.

Hold on there Lukan! You don't want to use up a whole year's allowance on your 'vocabularity' in one shot! I see that Thesaurus of yours was money well spent and it obviously has pictures too! I'd dare imagine. As for the need to 'out-rightly' say you are wrong, why immediately spoil my own fun? As with Fists of Fury your efforts at mental 'satisfaction' is a source of much laughter on my part. You might want to ask that mythical freshman to get you a towel when you are done.

"Jane you ignorant slut" - Dan Akroyd, Point/Counter Point Skit from Saturday Night Live

Ok, we've covered the fact you know little of logic other than time spent with Mr. Spock. We've also covered the fact you know little of an absolute reality when you spend so much time in one with as much personally speculative bias as your own perspective. And finally, we come back to the point where you think an opening about your shape and size was specifically left open for just you in my previous posts for you to personally come in and defend the defenseless yourself. Then we get to the part where you call me a child. Good show! You've completely eliminated yourself from the 'child' category yourself, you may now speak with impunity on all matters! LOL.

The absolute difference is, I put no weight of importance to myself in asking for information. You did. I knew anything I got from here would be just as reliable as anything from Wiki and would only involve further research to verify it personally. In truth, I was asking for more work to do myself, dumbass, since that is what would be the result. Anything I would have gotten from here would have gladly been shared back with the community in turn after verified. As it is, the whole thing is all so completely done, except for the continual flogging of you, Tobi. Now... what is your NAME TOBI?!

15. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

16. Tekkus McDwarf

Tekkus McDwarf Member

Oh just join in the fun Grim! Just ante up and open with more than a sentence. At least Blinky is betting big, come on man!

17. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

You are a ludicrous man, who has spent far too much on education to learn far too little. You're logic is warped, despite your insistances, and your demeanor is pompous and arrogant, dispite your delusions. I have little clue what your attempt at grandstanding your own self-rationalization is trying to compensate for, but I'll leave the last word for you; I know you'll snap it up,

18. Tekkus McDwarf

Tekkus McDwarf Member

Dammit man! just when it was getting good, you fold? You had a good hand and are a good player, why quit? You obviously like the game, the quality of thought put into the post shows you obviously had some fun! I am dissappointed but I salute your play.

19. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

Thanks, but no. I'll leave this one to the raving lunatics.

20. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Oh cmon Grimm, don't you wanna be a raving lunatic?

That's a real shame man..

Our Host!