Remembering fun momments in Arcanum!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by McKedy, Jun 2, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

YES! But I'll have to think on a name.
    I'll tell you guys when I get home from work.

2. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

3. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Or just pyrotechnic blade?
    If it's magic, I'm definetly with Fourhoresmen.

4. Grossenschwamm

DAMN! How did you guys know?
    I was thinking of that name, first in English, then in German.
    Die Klinge des Feuerkönigs. Or the Flametongue Sword.
    (The Sword of the Fire King)

5. Pirate Tony

Pirate Tony New Member

I LOVE "The sword of the Fire King" that sounds brill, even better in German.
    I still like the idea of detonating one of the walls with Dynamite.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The walls cannot be damaged. Only the doors, windows, etc. Sorry.

And it looks like we have a winner on the name. The Flametongue Sword it is.
    (Being English-speaking, it's easier for me to spell. :) )
    I tried it out last night and the visual effects were a bit disappointing. Just little puffs of smoke. I'll try adding a bit of eye-candy for effect. Probably a small explosion.

BTW: I'm going to be gone for a while, so I won't be able to reply to any more posts for a week or two. Have fun, guys!

7. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Maybe you can get a nice effect from the Flamethrouwer in car Arcanum....it looks a like Forked ongue of Fire!

8. Grossenschwamm

That is sexcellent. Completely and absolutely sexcellent.

9. Wolfsbane

Or the first robbery. I ran in during nighttime in the general traders shop in Shrouded Hills, prowled my way to his bed and shot him with my hunters rifle. Then, I ordered Virgil to smash-open the chest and looted the shopkeeper for money and valuables. I only had to kil one other guard, and the whole deal was just so bloody worth it.

10. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Xavier Hippington - "Wha... he couldn't, I mean, he is a scientific genius. I don't understand this at all."
    Frigo - "He says the rabbit was painted blue, and that you are insane"
    Xavier Hippington - "Lies! All lies! I have been duped somehow. Perhaps you swiched the creature with a rabbit, eh? No, wait. I know, Dr. Fenwick has been possessed by other worldly demons intent on my destruction! That must be it, unless he ah...
    Frigo - "I'll show myself out."
    Xavier Hippington - "No, not demons, he wants to steal my discovery for himself... for some reason, I feel there are demons involved somehow... The giant has mind control capabilities! That's it! ...or, uh..."
    Xavier Hippington - "...it is all so obvious Dr. Fenwick painted the rabbit blue, then told me, no wait, he made it shape shift and he has sent it to attack me or mate with me... Hmmm... and where do the elves fit in to all this... this must be a test of my wits by Fenwick..."

---
    Or, I can tell about:
    - stillwater blade with -10 durability
    - Thorvald Two Stones with reaction 666 and love :lol:
    - Drog Black Tooth saying "Hi again! Me still luv you!" after a Charm
    - level 1 melee master bunny
    - the mess at the Ashbury graveyard after I left my characters there for 2 hours :)
    - or "I still have faith in the game" (quote by me)

11. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Getting to the Void yesterday and having Virgil break his armour, at which point I looked in his inventory and realised he still only had plain robes and a staff, I guess I forgot about him, I didn't even get his stuff repaired all the way through.

12. Wolfsbane

The same thing's happened to me, but with Magnus as the forgotten one. Poor thing.

13. Grossenschwamm

I only forget about Jayna. Until I realize she's NOT been killed by me. I'll be walking around Ashbury or Caladon and realize I'm one person short, and Jayna's picture is missing. That's oddly memorable. Well...her ugly face is a memorable Arcanum moment...one I can't seem to forget.

14. Langolier

Langolier Member

How can you be so cruel to poor Jayna? She lost both of her parents in the plague... She's such a nice girl. It breaks my heart to leave her at the trainstation each game when I head for the Isle of Despair. (it's no place for a woman!)

---------------

Funny momment:

The Living One tries to decapitate a Dark Elf priest in T's Ang to free some Ogres. Sadly his technological apptitude is not sufficient for the job and he winds up decapitating himself with his own pyrotechnic axe.

Upon seeing the Living One's head roll across the floor, Magnus exlaimed, "Oooh... you'll not defeat anyone like that, friend!"

The Living One replied, "!"

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From Car-Arcanum -

As I was charging into the Undead Gunmen at the Maze, Helena Sent shouted, "You Half-Elves are all crackers!".

That caught me completely off-guard. I was laughing so hard I couldn't even work the mouse right.

16. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

And you died horribly, joining the ranks of the undead gunmen?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually, no! Damned if I know how, but I got boxed into a corner, the gunmen kept getting in each others way, and with the followers just going hammer and tongs on the gunmen, I came out of that with almost no damage.

That wound up being the strangest fight of any game I've ever played.

BTW: I can't seem to get the eye-candy to work with the Flametongue Sword. I hope I don't have to hex-edit the thing.

18. Wolfsbane

I remember when the guy you're supposed to kill in the firearms-master quest tossed one of his grenades smack at his half-ogre buddy in the far corner of the barn. The HO got crazy and wiped out the lot of those suckers for me, and then i put a bullet in his head and it was all over.

Proves that you shouldn't have HO's as bodyguards. Never turns out good.

19. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Okay...something non-sexual for once:

Once I was doing the Black Root Mayor quest to get his stolen dagger. I went over to where the thieves were and was planning my strategy cos I was low level at the time.

I went to sleep near one of the trees to recover my HP and in the middle of the night a couple of bears showed up and started attacking the thieves....they had killed two of them already and when I got closemy guys went over to try to help and ended up getting shot in the ass by the dwarf with the shotgun. Sogg ran over and hacked the dwarfs head off and the thief leader just stood there and watched the whole thing happen and did nothing.

20. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

A recent one for me... that wonderful line of Virgil's - "Aren't we all just pawns of prophecy?"

And at PRECISELY the moment that he finished saying that line, the religious channel my mum was watching had this guy start ranting about the Prophecy of the Anti-Christ (his words, not mine).

I was laughing so hard I had to hold on to the edge of my chair to stop myself from falling off.

Our Host!