Really roleplaying?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by -WhiteDog-, Jun 26, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

Whenever I walk around the houses by the cemetary is when he strikes my party. the first time I thought he was that womans old man from one of those houses I made a mistake of going into.

Parmanian

2. Myrdyr

Myrdyr New Member

The "crazed hafling" is definitely a pick pocket. I've no idea if he also has some strange reactions as well...

3. Canis

Canis New Member

I have never seen the Crazed Halfling try to pickpocket me or any of my followers. I have, however, seen him run straight at us and initiate combat for no reason at all. Ask around, it's fairly common.

Note that this is quite different from the KNOWN pickpocket at Vermillion Station. If you pass a trigger point she'll try to pick your pocket, and if she critically fails on one of your followers they'll go hostile on her. Completely different.

4. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

Not only does he rush you and you have to kill him, the party starts complaining about the good people we're killing and you loose a rep point to boot!

Parmanian

5. Myrdyr

Myrdyr New Member

Whenever I play without joining the Thieve's Guild, the "mad hafling" always tries to pick pocket me. Always. So I kill him after making any followers who might object to wait.

Also in Ashbury: Fighting the zombies can cause problems with the locals. Stray arrows are especially problematic. I always get one or two of those love-lights attacking me because of my fights in the cemetary. I may have hit the halfling once or twice as well that way, since he walks along the fence. I've definitely had him attack me when he saw me fight an angry light (when I was a member of the Thieve's Guild).

6. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

I've been to ashbury both ways and that sucker still attacks. Them love light get yah though, rep down the drain. One of the reasons I just get in and get out.

Parmanian

7. Myrdyr

Myrdyr New Member

Got the halfing to try to pick pocket me. He failed and attacked...

One time I'm not so sure of: I teleported in while prowling. I went invisible to prevent killing him. Next time he walked around it was as if it never occurred...

8. NeoSargatanas

NeoSargatanas New Member

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned this yet...although I'm probably unaware of something. There is a weapon in the game called the Tranquilizer Gun. It knocks people unconscious...can't it be used on the halfling, and in a no-kill game in general?

9. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

you have to be quick on the backoff hotkey. my guys already have torn hime up before I get a chance to stop them!

Parmanian

Our Host!