Real time speed capped?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Gillsing, Aug 5, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Gillsing

Gillsing New Member

I just did some experimentation in Vormantown, in multiplayer mode. I managed to boost Agility to 20 and then hasted my half-orc technologist (tech aptitude 83), but it didn't seem to boost his real time speed that much. His character sheet said he had Speed 50 instead of 16 (without an Agility of Fire and Hasten), but when I timed his shots with the Looking Glass Rifle (Speed 1 because he hasn't been trained to Apprentice), the difference was barely noticeable:

Speed 50: 15.9 seconds for 20 shots
    Speed 16: 17.1 seconds for 20 shots

With a Quality Revolver (Speed 10):
    Speed 50: 8.2 seconds for 20 shots
    Speed 16: 10.1 seconds for 20 shots

So it seems to me as if real time speed is capped somewhere around 20, given that Hasten had about the same effect as Agility of Fire. Anyone else know about this? I searched the forum, and found that speed was capped at 18 in a mod, but I'm not running a mod. And I assume that if I had been able to run the game in turnbased mode, I would've gotten the full effect of Speed 50. Though what I was really aiming for was to make my gunslinger fire so fast that it sounds like automatic fire in real time mode. I guess that won't happen now, no matter how fast I make him. :-( (Because I don't fancy using any of the actual automatic weapons, due to the high bullet consumption.)

I've also noticed that my half ogre gunslinger doesn't get a Charged Ring when he starts a multiplayer module, but my half-orc gets one (and he's even a level lower). What's up with that? They both have two degrees in the Electrical discipline, just for that reason. (Yeah, I didn't feel like making a new thread for this itty bitty thing.)

2. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Use Fast Turn-based Mode instead. Especially if you're a magic user.

3. Gillsing

Gillsing New Member

What does that have to do with anything?

Our Host!